Bunk Bed

Fluff n' Stuff

The younger was standing in the small sliver of space in the cramped bedroom. An earbud planted firmly in one ear as he practiced his vocals while walking in small circles.

Meanwhile, the other bedmate stayed in his bottom bunk browsing the Internet, often checking over old showcases and keeping up with the current fads and dramas.

Unlike the other members, Youngjae’s singing was never annoying to him. Jaebum often enjoyed it quite honestly; at times he would sing along to a familiar song, or coach Youngjae on pronunciation or something else. He gave just a few pointers, which the younger soaked in like a sponge.

Jaebum glanced away from his screen to look up at the serious and expressive face the younger was making while he tried to hit a high note.

Youngjae’s voice cracked, he paused and slyly side-eyed to Jaebum hoping he didn’t hear, but he did. They made eye contact and Jaebum burst out laughing, which in turn caused Youngjae to reciprocate.

“Hyung- don’t laugh!” Youngjae giggled as he saw his hyung make that face he likes, the one where he bared all his teeth and his eyes disappeared.

Still not over it, the older mimicked Youngjae’s voice cracking but made it more excessive and obnoxious, causing the other to laugh harder.

“I didn’t sound like that!”

In attempt of petty revenge, Youngjae closed the laptop screen. Jaebum gaped.

“Yah.” Sitting up and placing his laptop down, Jaebum grabbed Youngjae’s wrist and tugged him onto his bed, putting the struggling younger into a chokehold.

Reflexively Youngjae’s hands went up and tried to stop his hyung’s strong grip while still laughing.

“I’m sorry! I won’t do it again!”

“Are you sure?” Jaebum stared at the top of Youngjae head and chuckled at his own plan.

"Yeah, so let go already."

Jaebum started to tickle Youngjae, who elicited loud and choppy sobs of laughter.

“AH! Hyu- ng! I wo- n’t! P-PROMISE! P-Please!”

Feeling satisfied Jaebum stopped as the younger fell limply with his back to Jaebum’s chest, the tickling having drained the energy from him.

The two calmed down and stayed immobile for a minute. Youngjae finally became aware of their position and felt embarrassed and a little bit uncomfortable.

He was lying in between his hyung’s legs, as he was being bear hugged from behind. Tapping on his hyung’s forearms, Youngjae broke the silence.

“Hyung. I’m going to go up to my bed, so can you-“

“Why?”

Youngjae laughed lightly and leaned back so he could turn a bit to look at his hyung’s handsome makeup-less face. Their faces were so close, Youngjae started to blush, which didn’t go unnoticed by the other who tightened his grip.

“Hyung because-“

“Because why?”

“This is embarrassing, w-we’re too cramped, and I have my own bed!”

Jaebum snickered as he held the other firmly in place, “Embarrassing, cramped? We’ve shared a bed remember? Why? You don’t like sleeping with me anymore?”

Youngjae looked away and stared at his feet as his hands stayed placed on Jaebum’s wrists, still attempting to remove them.

“I don’t know….. It’s just awkward. I mean we agreed on the bunk bed…”

“You wanted the bunk bed.”

The younger’s hands stilled. His head craning around.

“Wait- so- you didn’t want a bunk bed?”

“Just shut up and let me hug you for a bit.”

Youngjae looked straight ahead once more. The blush spread from his cheeks to his ears, then down his neck, causing Jaebum to smile and enjoy his mini heater. The warmth of the smaller’s body heat made him drowsy. Suddenly his eyes drifted shut.

Sitting and laying quietly, not knowing what to do, Youngjae stared at his hyung’s legs and feet, admiring the toned muscles, a little envious because he wanted to be like his hyung- handsome, talented, with a good body. He let out a deep sigh when he felt a warm gust of wind blow at the top of his head.

“Hyung? Did you fall asleep?”

With no reaction other than a grumble, Youngjae sighed once more.

“I guess taking one nap with hyung won’t kill me.”

-----------------------

Jinyoung knocked lightly on the door and opened slowly when no one responded. His hand went up to cover his mouth and his eyes had those signature crinkles as he laughed at the two sleeping.

He looked at the two hugging and facing each other, Youngjae’s face buried in Jaebum’s chest, while Jaebum’s face and chin nestled in Youngjae’s brown locks.

Instinctively, Jinyoung took out his phone and took a picture; he’d show it to the guys.

Carefully in order to not make a sound, he closed their light and shut the door.

So much for bunk beds.