Simple

Of Facebook Chats and Wall Posts

"Here he comes!!!!" 

An army of girls squealing could be definitely heard 10 meters from where Seunghyun has come out the bus. Mentally face-palming himself, he kept a smiling face (and he also kept his defense on) for another battle in his life. 

Seunghyun doesn't like weekdays, cause they are schooldays -- which means that he would be surrounded again by lots of people. Not that he doesn't like it, he just doesn't like the attention he's been given. Like he's some sort of God in which everywhere he walks on will be praised by girls. Ugh. So complicated.

Seunghyun gets everything he wants. That is because things are simple for him. He's on top of his class -- that's because studying is too simple for him. He's good at rapping, because rapping is a simple thing for him. But in every thing, there is an exception, where we would include the thing called 'girls'. Yes, Seunghyun is interested in them, but he has no luck when it comes to dating girls.

He has dated a few since he started highschool, but they are the ones to dump him first. Reasons like: 'You are not the person I imagined you would be.''I thought you would be more outgoing, and... fun.', and 'I guess I only like your looks, other than that, I don't have anything to like about you..' broke his heart several times, and he got tired of hearing it. Is it his fault that girls who seem to like him only look at his physical appearance at the start? Then, when they finally knew how he was like, a simple and boring person, they would dump him like a piece of trash? Does he really need to live up to their imagination? 

It had become a rumor, 'Seunghyun dumping girls after dating them for a week', which was totally unfair for him. He hadn't said anything about it, cause it'll be too troublesome, and gladly it ended.  Had it became an endless rumor, Seunghyun may no longer be the school's number one heartthrob -- which he wished it to be. But as lady fate like it, his rank in being the number one heartthrob didn't seem to go down.

Seunghyun sighed. That was one year ago, but that is totally the reason he's not going to date any girl unless he really likes her.

Entering the school gates was like walking inside a luxurious jungle. Girls approached him here and there just to greet good morning. He forced smiling at them, even waved at some who waved at him too. He suddenly caught a glance at two students who were approaching the school gates, a guy and a girl, and even though they're far from him, he could already hear the girl talking about him. He then walked fast, finally ignoring other girls trying to block his way, and headed to his locker.

Seunghyun's physically and mentally tired already, and he just arrived the school ten minutes ago.

When he arrived in the classroom, Seunghyun felt like he had a breath of fresh air. At least here, not all girls try to flirt with him. But there are still who do.

"Hey, Seunghyun." a petite figure came into Seunghyun's view as soon as he sat on his chair. 

"Hey." 

"Do you, maybe, have time after class?" Karen asked as she put some of her hair behind her ears.

Without a pause, Seunghyun answered with an apologetic tone. "Yes. Sorry."

"Aww, it's the fourth time you turned me down! When will you agree to go out with me?"

"Sorry Karen. I just have to.." For many times that he had to make an excuse, he felt like he had used all of them.

As if a guardian angel, his best friend, Youngbae chipped in.

"He has found a part-time job for the moment. Right, Seunghyun?" The smaller guy winked secretly. Seunghyun smiled.

"Yeah. So I won't be able to hang out anytime soon."

"Aww poop.. Okay. Where do you work now?"

Uh oh. That sounds trouble. If he named any cafe or family restaurant, there's no assurance that his fangirls would leave that place alone unless they see him. He didn't want to indirectly bring trouble to that place.

"It's--"

Suddenly the door opened revealing their homeroom teacher. Once again, he was saved. Hasn't Seunghyun mentioned that luck seemed to have a crush on him too?

Being the popular guy in school made almost all the guys hate him and all girls love him. Obviously, making friends is not a simple thing for him because of certain circumstances, but he's thankful that Youngbae is still by his side. Ever since elementary, they've been friends. He's thankful that Youngbae didn't leave him.

Classes ended when the bell finally rang. Quickly, class A packed their bags. Seunghyun didn't have a hard time answering in the class today either. Whenever someone in the class couldn't answer the teacher's question, he would raise his hand and answer. Maybe that was another reason that almost all his guy classmates didn't like him, he seemed too arrogant for them.

A group of his girl classmates invited him to hang out with them in a karaoke bar in Seoul, but he brushed them off y saying the excuse he and Youngbae had made up earlier. The girls left pouting, and he was glad and relieved that they didn't insist for today.

While Seunghyun was packing his bag (he was interrupted by the girls a while ago) he saw Youngbae approach him at the corner of his eye.

"If I were you I would hang out with some girls." Followed by a chuckle by none other than Youngbae.

"Go on, I'm not stopping you." He chuckled as well, then slung his bag on his back.

"I could use some rest today. It's hard to be popular." Youngbae proudly pointed at himself. It's times like these that Seunghyun can be really happy. Just joking with his bestfriend and not minding anything.

"Haha. I would switch places with you if I could, Youngbae."

"Nah. I'm fine with this. I am already famous, in my mind at least."

Seunghyun laughed. But it was quickly cut off when a classmate called his attention to the person at the door. He pointed at himself and looked questioningly to his classmate.

"Seems like someone is needed for the day.." Youngbae trailed off.

"I guess I won't be able to go home with you."

With that, Youngbae slung his bag to his back as well and patted Seunghyun on the shoulder. "Yeah. Bye Mr. Popular." He walked off to the door.

After collecting his other things, Seunghyun then proceeded to the door to tend to the person who's looking for him. Is it a girl? He hadn't seen earlier cause he was busy gathering his things.

When he finally reached the door, he saw a guy with his back faced on him.

"I heard you're looking for me?" He inquired, catching the guy's attention.

The guy turned around, with a somewhat shocked expression. Did my voice scare him?

"Yeah." The guy answered, and it was noticeable that the smaller guy bit on his tongue just by saying it. Cute. He noted.

No, Seunghyun isn't swinging that way. He just knows what cute means and he can recognize when he sees one. And Seunghyun didn't think that the guy was cute, he just found that tripping in your own words was at least cute.

"Why?" He asked. He couldn't imagine why a guy would look for him. He's sure that any guy in their school hates him. And this guy is not smiling at him so it's not possible that he likes Seunghyun, right?

When the smaller guy didn't answer him, but just kept on staring at him, Seunghyun started to look at him curiously. Hey didn't you hear my question?

Seunghyun cleared his throat and finally the guy seemed to snap from his reverie because he jumped slightly. Someone sure is jumpy.

"Uh, my friend.. uh.. she-- she's looking for you."

"Me?"

Seunghyun saw the guy murmur something but he didn't press on it. "Yeah. She wants to talk to you."

Without even waiting for his answer, Seunghyun got dragged by the smaller boy by pulling on his left arm. He was being dragged into the corridors to God-knows-where and he was just following without complain. The guy did say that a girl wants to talk to him. Does that mean a confession?

Seunghyun suddenly stopped which caused the other guy to trip in his own foot. "Is she going to confess?"

 

The guy sighed. "Yes. Come on."

"And she sent you to get me?" He’ll have to apologize for the bombardment of questions but that can be done later.

"Yes. You have to many questions, Choi Seunghyun." Oh, he knows me.

"Why didn't she make it all by herself?"

Seriously, aren’t girls good at asking guys out? Well, that’s what Seunghyun perceives. If she really likes him, why command your friend to do this? He may understood that maybe the girl cannot face him at the moment, but still, Seunghyun had to ask why.

Letting his arm go, the smaller guy looked at Seunghyun firmly. Just like a magnet, he was forced to look back at the brownest pair of pupils he had seen in his entire life.

 

"I'm doing this for her. She likes you. So..please give her a chance."

So, maybe this guy likes his friend? But Seunghyun didn’t want to pry further, and it looked like the guy was about to cry.

That left him no choice. He huffed. “Alright, fine.”

 

The other guy’s face lit up. Seunghyun had to chuckle mentally about how this guy’s expression could change so easily. So, he thought he could make a joke.

 

"You looked like you're about to cry so I agreed."

Seunghyun then felt a killing intent from the guy in front of him. This was fun.

 

Finally arriving at the school benches, the guy left, leaving Seunghyun and a petite girl with her head bowed. Thankfully no one goes by this part of the school or else rumors may start again.

 

The girl nodded, and though her head was down, he could see that she’s cute. Seunghyun kinda like her type, but she seemed so shy. “Are you the one that... uh..” He doesn’t know the guy’s name. “..that your friend said that wants to talk to me?”

 

Finally, she looked up with her eyes sparkling. Is she about to cry?

 

“Y-Yes, Seunghyun-oppa..”

 

He wanted to get this over with but he didn’t want to be rude so he just waited for what the girl will say.

 

“I’m sorry for calling you out here suddenly.. I’m Sandara Park…” she held out her hand to Seunghyun so he shook it politely.

 

“I’m Choi Seunghyun. Nice to meet you.”

 

“Uhm, I…” she looked up at him. “I like you, Choi Seunghyun..! I have, for a long time.” Her cheeks turned red. “Will you please give me a chance?”

 

He thought so. There’s no way a girl would call him out like this just to copy his notes. When he didn’t answer, the girl tugged on his sleeve, looking as if she’s about to cry.

 

“Seunghyun-oppa?”

 

Seunghyun doesn’t like this. He doesn’t like anyone begging to like them. If he’s going to like someone, it’s not like this. He wanted falling in love to be natural. Not something like you watch in dramas.

 

“I don’t like complicated things, like being in a relationship.. not with someone I just met.” He started. He may sound arrogant, but he didn’t care. He had turned down a lot of girls before. And this isn’t different. “I’m sorry.” He finished off with a cold tone.

 

Sandara looked shocked, and she seemed not to believe that the one she likes was talking like this. As soon as Seunghyun bowed and about to walk away, she quickly grabbed his hands. “Please..! I like you very much! I..promise I won’t be complicated.” Sniff. “I won’t be a burden to you…” she broke down crying.

 

If there’s one thing Seunghyun doesn’t like aside from complicated things, it’s seeing girls cry because of him. But he needs to do this. Whether he likes it or not, making girls cry is unavoidable.

 

Slowly, he pulls his hand away from the crying girl’s grip. “I understand you. But, I’m sorry. I’m not planning on dating someone at the moment.”

 

He bowed to her then slowly walked away.

 

Seunghyun closed his eyes and breathed deeply. He felt heavy but not that much. Having to turn down girls for many times already made the bad feeling lessen. But the impact is the same. But, if he would agree to date her, then, both of them might suffer like what happened in his past relationships.

 

The next day wasn’t any different. Everyday seemed like a routine: waking up, going to school, being swarmed by girls even at the street and school gates, getting asked out. Even though he loves studying, sometimes he doesn’t want to go to school since there’s not much happening except for an army of girls walking up to you every minute. Sigh. It’s tiring, too.

 

Sometimes he could see Sandara (was it her name again?) stealing a glance to him whenever they pass by each other in the cafeteria. Why wasn’t he with that guy though? He didn’t know his name.

 

“So, how was the confession the other day?” he didn’t notice Youngbae until he slung an arm over his shoulder. He was walking to the bus stop alone. Seunghyun left the school without his bestfriend because Youngbae forgot to get some notes from the teacher. He wasn’t expecting that the other guy can catch up to him that fast.

 

“Confession the other day?” It’s not his fault that he can’t remember who confessed the other day since every day someone confesses to him.

 

“Yeah. That guy who looked for you? How did it go?” Youngbae winked, which made him curious. Could it be…

 

“Yah! That guy wasn’t the one who confessed to me! Aish..” he facepalmed himself. God forgive Youngbae for being an idiot sometimes.

 

“Ehh? He didn’t? Then who did? I thought your charms finally worked on men, too.” Youngbae laughed at his own joke.

 

Seunghyun wanted to hit his friend’s head, so he did. (‘Oww! What was that for, Seunghyun?’) “No, it was his friend. She begged me to give her a chance. But I couldn’t.”

 

“Did you apologize?”

 

Seunghyun nodded.

 

“Then it’s fine. You can’t force yourself to like someone. It’s better to apologize than to say nothing at all.” Youngbae assured him.

 

Seunghyun felt the weight was somehow lifted. Then, they took the bus home.

 

When Seunghyun arrived home, he quickly changed his clothes and headed to his room to finish the

homework their teacher had given. He is a very diligent student, a thing that everyone likes about him.

 

But, he got distracted when he remembered the conversation he had with the guy who’s friends with Sandara.  He looked like a second-year student, one year his junior, because he noticed that his necktie was blue, different from the third-years. He’s also shorter than Seunghyun, and as far as he can remember, the guy’s eyes were really brown. That caught Seunghyun’s attention the first time he saw him. His personality doesn’t seem bad, too. Maybe he and Seunghyun could become friends?

 

Aish. Stop thinking that it’s possible. Every guy except Youngbae hates him after all.

 

After finishing his homework, Seunghyun decided to open up his laptop and use the internet for a bit. He opened up his facebook account, and saw that his friend requests had increased again. From 200, it had become 249. Seunghyun had ignored some of the requests before, but it keeps increasing. So, he stopped and just let them be. But he didn’t want to accept anyone aside from his family and friends (Youngbae and a few aside from him).

 

Realizing that, he decided to log out. But, suddenly, his mom called him to go do some errands. He left the facebook tab open and went down the stairs.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Notes:

Sorry there's not much in this chapter >__< This is just an introduction to Seunghyun and his everyday life. At least he and Jiyong met, right?

This is Seunghyun's POV of "Log In" which you can read here:http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1059067

This is just chapter one, but I promise it'll get exciting in the later chapters (Or I hope hehehe)

Log In will be the first one to be updated then this~