At Min's Place

He's Home

 

    Yoongi was sitting on the window side in the airplane. Besides him was Rapmonster and J-Hope. He was heading to Busan, where his sister was living. He plugged in his headphones and played “I Need U” so he could fall asleep and wait for his plane to quickly land, but Jungkook kept kicking the back of his seat while Rapmonster and J-hope started a beat boxing contest. Jimin and V were giggling behind him and Jin was just looking back at him. He tried to make the sound louder, but then Jin decided to bug him and he kept poking Suga in the head. Yoongi couldn’t take it and took off the headphones to drown out the sounds. He gave each of them a death glare and went back to sleep.

 

    When Yoongi woke up, it was nighttime and everyone was asleep. He looked outside and looked below him, they were on the runway. He knew he had made it and he couldn’t wait to see his sister after so long. She got into a excellent school of arts so she could pursue her dreams of being a actor and a singer. She lived in a house with her friends, but they were on vacation and she stayed back to meet her brother after a long time. Her friends parents allowed her brother and his friends to stay over in the extra 2 rooms. He was about to go back to sleep when he heard the flight attendant say that they had arrived at their destination. They all woke up in a jerk and Yoongi highly doubted they were really sleeping.

 

Yoongi, J-Hope, Rap monster, Jin, Jungkook, V, and Jimin went to collect their suitcases and headed out to meet Yoongi’s sister, Min Young. Yoongi just entered the room when he was tackled in a hug. He dropped his suitcase and hugged Min back. Tears were streaming down her face as she buried her face in his chest. Jungkook kept looking at her, he felt like he saw her, maybe even knew her. Everyone looked at her and Yoongi finally removed her head from his shoulder. He wiped the tears away a she clinged to him like a little girl. J-Hope whistled for a taxi as they headed to their temporary shelter.

In the car, Min stayed close to Yoongi and they chattered away. They haven’t seen each other in a while, everytime he visited his family, she was on vacation. Jungkook sat next to her. Jin sat shotgun, and J-hope, Jimin, and V sat in the back. V and Jimin were recording Yoongi and Min in a BTS Bomb, but Min would just cover her face with her hands and shouted “No! I’m ugly!” In the end she grabbed the camera and deleted the footage. She started filming V and Jimin and sometimes Jin, who started to fall asleep but then woke up from all the ruckus.

“English speak time.” Min said with textbook accuracy.

“But we’re in korea.” Jimin pointed out.

“So what, you need to entertain A.R.M.Y, and me.” She retorted. She turned the camera her way and said “Hello! It’s english time with BTS, featuring Min Young! yay”

“Hello, my name is...taehyun kim” V tried in an english accent.

“You sound the same as before in the airplane one. Is that all you know?” Min stated in Korean and everyone laughed in the car. She turned her camera towards Rap monster.

“Oh, hey Rap monster, how are you?” she said.

“I’m good, I’m feeling fine actually. I’m feeling like I’m in heaven.” He said in a heavenly tone.

“Well, you’re in a car that smells like gas. If heaven smells like gas then I’d wear a mask everyday,” She smiled “I’m feeling supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.” She said very quickly. everyone stared at her as she laughed. She pointed the camera towards Jungkook, but he was fast asleep.

“And to think Yoongi was lazy.” She giggled and shut the camera when they arrived at their destination. They all headed out the car, and the neighborhood was awfully quiet. Yoongi though that it would be filled  with people who overheard rumors of them coming to the neighborhood. He expected his sister to have told her whole school, she was a blabbermouth. They walked into the house and saw a girl the same age as his sister on the couch switching through the channels on the T.V. She noticed Min walk through the door and got up to greet them.

“Min, your back... And behind you, it’s…” She stuttered a little but V answered the question for her.

“BTS, BangTan Sonyeondan.”

“Oh yes. V, Suga, Jungkook, Rapmonster, J-Hope, Jimin, and the eldest Jin. My favorite is JHope and V. Their clumsiness is adorable.” She said giggling. She shut off the T.V and shut the door behind them. Min began to introduce her brothers friends to her friend and her friend to her brothers friends, but that wasn’t really necessary.

“BTS, meet Jae Kyung, Jae Kyung meet BTS.” She said as she pointed to each other. Min noticed V and Jae Kyung locking eyes with each other for more than a second. A tint of red was on both of their cheeks as they looked away. Min chuckled to herself.

“What do you guys want anyway? I could make some Hotteok. I have Bungeoppang.” Min said opening the freezer. Yoongi took out his wallet and stated simply “My treat.” No matter how hard Min tried to convince she could make food for them, Yoongi insisted on taking them all out for dinner. Yoongi kept saying she was stubborn but she refuted saying she was an awesome cook and she was saving money. In the end Yoongi had Jungkook carry  Min out the door and shoved her in between Jae Kyung and V. The whole time Min was complaining about wasting money, but when she saw which restaurant they went to her jaw dropped to the floor. It wasn’t really a restaurant, it was more of a diner. When Yoongi and Min were young they would always go there with their family.

“See, I told you it was my treat.” Yoongi smirked. Min stuttered and her eyes began to mist up. She hadn’t come to this diner since she was 12, when they were visiting their grandparents before they had passed. Her whole life was right there, at 빅마마의 식당 (Big Mama’s Diner) She remember the exact date, September 15, 2006. It was raining, the atmosphere felt gloomy, and they stopped at Big Mama’s before heading back to Daegu. Min loved her grandmother a lot, sorta more than her mother. Min was in depression for a few years, but then began to recover afterwards. After Yoongi left when she was 17, Min lost all hope. Looking back at the diner made her childhood come back, filling her with both grief and happiness.

“Min…” Yoongi said a little worried. Min wiped the tears from her eyes and walked into the diner smiling a thousand suns.