Chapter 12

A Devil's Love

                                                                                               

Everyone has right to be a jerk but damn you are abusing the privelege.

Rainy season had just made its entrance in Seoul. There were splashes of water everywhere on the streets. As Spring never chose Kai, he was always destined to be facing with thunder and lightening. Kai was the lost smile of fading love. He was the scar that reminds how much the wound could hurt. He was all the thing you so wish to be under but it appears as shameful as an ugly glow. Something you'd wish to reverse every minute.

It was a very dark evening accompanied with heavy splashes of raindrops. Unusual of him, today Kai was at his home. Not that he didn't have some business to take care of but he wanted to stay home today. He was feeling so crappy that he simply decided to take a hot shower to feel better. He removed his shirt and twisted the shower knob. He looked at his reflection in the mirror and bitterly closed his eyes at the sight and sighed. His body was tatooed with all kinds of blue and purple bruises that could make anyone cringe just by seeing it. It was not just today , he had been carrying those scars for all these years. No matter how much strong act he kept on outside, afterall he was a human and those bruises that he had - it hurt a lot.

Memories of what happened between him and Krystal played like a movie inside his mind. For once, he wished not to think about that anymore, not to feel it anymore. Kai just wished to anaesthesize into numbness. For once he wanted to stop every second of his pounding heart. He just wanted someone to hypnotize him into a deep sleep because he didn't want to acknowledge the fact that it hurt when he knew he couldn't even tell her that she was everything he had in this world no matter how much he put on an act of despise. That her presence is something he couldn't live without. He tried every possible way to loathe her, to stay away from her but how could he when all it took was a smile from her to vanish all the hatred from his heart. She has no idea not even the slighest clue how much he misses her more and more each day. Every single night he waits to fall apart and let those tears flow because this burden of hatred is ripping his soul into half and then he falls asleep hoping the next day to get over her. Probably faking it was all he could do because he was a devil whose heart had been captured by an angel.
 
Trying to dismiss his thoughts, Kai came out of the bathroom and headed towards his bed. It was 8:00 o'clock already. He changed into his usual clothes and decided to head out when suddenly his phone rang. He looked at the caller id. His facial expression suddenly changed.

"What?" He answered not so politely.

"Kai, I missed you my friend." TOP answered giving a short laugh.

"What do you want?" Kai asked bothered.

"You see your best friend happened to fight with us and he got little hurt." He chuckled. " So I remembered a famous proverb called 'A friend in need is a friend indeed'. So, why don't you come and help your best friend huh?"

 "Freaking bastard! Just hang up already!" Kai heard Sehun literally screaming at TOP.

"I don't give a damn." Kai hissed and was about to hang up when TOP retorted ,"Well then I think I should call Krystal to save him. " 

Just then as if on cue ,"Sehun!" A familiar voice could be heard from the phone and that was none other than Krystal herself.

"Oh!There she comes." TOP chuckled, proud of himself.

"Okay Kai ! Sleepwell, Goodnight!" TOP chirped and with a hollow snicker the line went dead.

"Son of a bi-  !" Kai hissed under his breathe. TOP always knew a way to piss him off. If only hell blessed him a chance of murdering someone, he would undoubtely go and kill TOP. Kai shoved hix mobile in his pocket and threw himself in bed. He didn't want to care. His mind was currently fuzzy and he just couldn't think straight as current thoughts of what just happened were wavering back repeatdly. As much as he didn't wan't to involve himself with TOP a feeling of uneasiness kept on arising on his heart. At the end, his footstep didn't do any justice to him as he jumped from his bed and stormed out.

It was raining very heavily making dry all drenched but he couldn't care less. He kept on walking down the alley with all kinds of thoughts that he didn't want to imagine. Funny, until yesterday he whom wanted to tear down apart was now running to save her. Kai imagined all the misery and dreaded, he did not convince the hundreth part of the anguish he was destined to endure. With much agony he arrived to the particular abandoned building whom TOP claimed as his hideout. Just then the lighting striked giving the clear sight of the building. Kai without any further thoughts ran inside the building. After going up few storeys he finally arrived the place.

Awestruck, he stared at the sight infront of him. Sehun was lying helplessly on the ground with his hand and legs both tied with nylon rope.  His faced was covered with blood and bruises making anyone mistaken him as dead. TOP meanwhile was sitting on the chair lying behind Sehun's body. He was observing Kai this whole time and his facial expression showed the type of satisfaction that he wanted to gain since long time back. Giving a smug look TOP gave a sarcastic comment to Kai, "Ouch, so you can't handle your bestfriend's misery that you came running here? "
 
But Kai being Kai didn't back off, "No, I just wanted to see how much of a you jerk can you be." Top scoffed and Kai added sarcastically, "Everyone has right to be a jerk but damn you are abusing the privelege."


Subscribe-Comment-Upvote<3