Chapter 11

A Devil's Love

I guess forgiveness is the greatest gift I can give you and undoubtedly myself.

 

Finally after some good 15 minutes, Krystal finally calmed down. Kai was already sitting down comfortably then. Slowly he pulled Krystal to sit down beside him and spoke "I didn't really mean to do that you know. Once the memories of past entered my mind, something inside me changed. And devil took over me."

Kai didn't speak further and Krystal didn't reply back. There was a long silence and both of them fell deep into reminiscence of their childhood.

Flashback. 
After the little Kai knew about his father's death, he was left broken. He couldn't believe it. Without his father's presence, he wanted to die himself. His days always passed either crying or sleeping. He neither ate nor spoke with anyone. The little boy had become helpless. Until one day a young lawyer came to visit him.
He spoke very nicely to him. "Mr.Jongin, I am really sorry about your father so I am here to provide justice to your father. This case has been taken to the court and I am here to seek for your help." he said.
"Case?" Kai was astonished.
Then suddenly a middle-aged man wearing a cervical collar walked inside the room and replied rudely, "Yes how couldn't we file a case when your father intentionally hit our car?"
Kai couldn't believe what the man just said. Clearly it was the man who hit his father's car. His father had died while that man had just passed with wearing that collar thing. Yet the cruel person had guts to say that his father was wrong. Before Kai could speak, the lawyer asked, "Do you have any witnesses?"
"Yes, my daughter was with me at the scene." the man confidently replied. Slowly a beautiful little girl entered who Kai immediately recongnized. It was none other than Jung Krystal. He couldn't believe his eyes. While Kai's couldn't stop staring at Krystal, she pretended as if he was not there. When the lawyer asked her questions, Krystal slowly replied, "Yes ahjussi, I was with my father and the other car hit us." Kai couldn't belive what he was hearing.He was beyond shock to even process what was going around.

 She and her father spoke many other profanities and lies but Kai didn't hear anything else. His world was falling apart. He was rendered speechless. Even his crush didn't support him.Never in his wildest dream had he thought Krystal would do this to him. The image he had set for Krystal as a pure and a innocent soul was completely shattered . She whom he thought as his crush had crushed him.
Just then his bestfriend Sehun entered the room. Kai's face brightened up and ray of light seemed to ignite in him. Sehun was his only hope. Kai knew that he had witnessed the whole accident. He knew that Sehun came running to save him and prove his father's innocence. Words couldn't explain how much Kai was relying on Sehun at that moment.  Kai patiently waited Sehun to justify him but he was proved wrong when he clearly said, "I saw the accident too. The other car crashed Krystal's."
Sehun didn't even dare to meet Kai's eyes and walked out of the room. It was a betrayal. His bestfriend not being with him in the situation when he needed the most made him even broken than he already was. He had no one beside him and the world didn't believe him. He was totally broken. Sehun being his bestfriend backstabbed him. 

 The case was solved as Krystal claimed to be the victim but all along he had been the helpless victim there. But no one seemed to care. No one gave a damn. This was the day a sparked burned in Kai to be a cold heartless devil cause he finally came to know how cruel the world really was. That was when it started, his undying hatred for both Krystal and Sehun.
Flashback end.

Unconciously, Krystal was clutching Kai's hand. To her atonishment, he didn't do anything so Krystal slowly spoke feeling really guitily, "I was a young little girl who didn't know anything. I was also desperate to save my father. I was a really selfish human being."  Her tears started to fall down which dropped into Kai's hand but still he remained still deep in his thoughts.

I let you go, walking away with my heart deeply saddened and heavy with the soul searing pain of grief. I cried a thousand tears and felt the endless sobs ripple through me as I tried so desperately to hold myself together as I let you fall away. I loved you and I love you, but you never did. That's not a healthy love. A million what if's later I still bare the bluntness of what I so wished could of been. Yet I am always reminded the moment I hesitate, wanting to turn back of what was, what is and what can never be. I can't go back there with you being all of me. So I have learned to carry you within me wherever I go. That love never dies. That love lives on. 

This were Kai's thoughts deep down his hearts that he forever wanted to say all along but his mouth remained tightly shut. There was a long silence until Krystal finally spoke, "I feel really bad that I made you so unbelievably miserable. Tears of sorrow cross my face as I wish I could take your place. Please forgive me, Kai."

Kai hesitantly replied, 'It hurts more to hold grudges than forgive. I finally came to know that the anger that we hold inside damages us, nobody else."

Nobody spoke after that. Kai gave a crooked smile and thought to himself, I guess forgiveness is the greatest gift I can give you and undoubtedly myself.


Please Subscribe-Upvote-Comment. <3