Chapter 10

A Devil's Love

                                                                        

He was like a broken glass. Those who try to pick up would not only get cut but they would bleed out.

Nothing was more painful to Krystal's mind than the feelings that had been worked up by a quick succession of events, the dead calmness of the devil and the weight of despair that pressed on her heart, which nothing could remove. All these times she wished that peace would visit her mind but that would certainly not happen. Whenever she thought of Kai her eyes inflamed. When she recalled yestarday, a huge heavy feeling arised on her heart. All the happenings around her was nothing but just a reminder of what she had done in the past. A terrible past which she desperately wanted to forget.

Krystal woke up from her bed and lifelessly dragged herself towards the bathroom. She did all of her morning stuffs and got ready for school. She bascially hated going school but today it was the worst. Ever since the teacher had assigned them their project work, Krystal was always in guilt. Every time she saw Kai ,she could clearly see the pain in his eyes. Even though he would not show it but still see could sense it vividly. And the feeling was worst when she knew that she was the one behind his deep unhealed scars.

On the other hand, everything seemed normal in school. Krystal looked around her and her attention was caught by a group of girls behind her. She couldn't help but to stare at the girls gossiping and giggling amongst eachother. Her heart ached seeing how many things they had to say to one another and how happy they were in there own world . This was the way she was supposed to live. She was supposed to smile in every small things. She was supposed to have a group of her own grou of friends.. She was supposed to have a crush on someone and when her friends would with his name she was supposed to blush. Ironically, she was supposed to have a life. As she started thinking , tears started forming in her eyes  and blurred her vision. 
Breaking her trance, "Good morning love!", somone suddenly whispered in behind her ears. She already knew whose voice that belonged to. She blinked her eyes couple of times in an attempt to wipe away the tear.  

"Goodmorning Sehun."  She greeted him back blankly. 

Sehun pulled his chair in front of her desk and ploped his elbow on top of it. He stared at her for few minutes before finally speaking. 
"Why does my babygirl looks so sad?" he asked.

Krystal was just about to reply when the teacher walked inside the classroom and everyone started sitting in their own places including Sehun. When everyone one was finally seated, the teacher gave a final glance in the spot beside Krystal which was empty. This was obviously not a new thing to him but today was the deadline for the project submission and he at least expected Kai to show up. Hopeless, the teacher sighed and shook his head before finally continuing "So, class I hope you all have completed your assignments , haven't you?" 
"Yes!" All of them hollered at once. The teacher then praised the hardwork done by the students which was done by the observation so meticulously all year. The     teacher acknowledge their efforts and gave then an applause. Then he told each student to read out their essays one by one. Krystal tried to pay attention to the readings but she couldn't. No matter what, the memories of past would strike in her mind like a lightning. She felt a ripping sensation inside herself, the feeling of terrible pain clawing its way forward to emerge in a cry. No ,this was not right. She couldn't bear the burden anymore. The guilt inside her heart was eating her up . She couldn't endure that agony any long. For 10 years she had been living a life which was more miserable than hell, everyday being a nightmare for her. Wasn't 10 years of hurricane enough?

Krystal clenched her fist and stood up from her seat earning a glance from everyone including Mr.Han. "Anything wrong, Miss Jung?" The teacher asked her. Without saying anything, Krystal walked to the door and out towards the hallways through darkness. She had to sort this out with Kai. Mr.Han was bewildered at her actions and was calling out her name but she couldn't care less. She started running towards the rooftop and when she finally arrived at her destination, she was literally panting. She patted her chest and took a deep breathe to calm herself. Her eyes scanned for the particular being and finally halted when she beheld the figure of a man, at some distance lying in a bench. Kai was lying in the bench with his right knees bended and the other leg straight. His one arm was covering his both eyes,while the other one was just placed at the side. Anxiety got the best of her as she was fighting for the right words to speak.
 "Aren't you done hiding yet?" Krystal finally spoke up. As, she said those words, Kai removed the arms from his eyes and looked towards her. Krystal walked forward and stood right in front of him. She stared at Kai - he was the tempest, so beautiful yet terrific.  
"For how long are you going to hold that grudge against me, Kai?" She asked him again, this time making sure that he heard her. Still there was no response from him. But this time she was not going to give up, she would make sure to receive the answers of her question one way or another.  
"How much more miserable do you want me to feel ? Isn't it enough already ? I know what I did to you was an inforgivable sin but stop living in the past. Do you know how much I have resented myself after that car accident , I resented myself more than you did. But more than that I hate you Kai.I hate you for not being strong enough to let go of the past. I hate you for not being able to make a new start. Everyone has their scars, their sorrows but everyone tries to forget it and move on. But I think you plan to stick to your past for an eternity.  And most importantly it was me who started all this. You have every bloody rights to curse me but you still choose to remain silent-"
Krystal was cut off when Kai jolted up from his lying position. He was now standing infront of her. She was answered through a fiendish laugh which rang on her ears loud and clear. Krystal felt as if the hell surrounded her with mockery. The laughter died away as Kai came closer to her. 
"Make a fresh start, is that what you want?" Kai stated taking a step forward which abruptly made her go back. She again took a step backwards maintaing a proper gap between them and replied "No I want you to forget your past." Krystal replied a bit more confidently then she should have. "Doesn't that basically mean the same thing?" He asked her again moving closer towards her.  She turned her head back and realised that she was nearing towards the end of the rooftop. Fear started arousing in her body as she took a step back. "I-I am just saying you to move forward." She nervously answered. Kai smirked, he could vividly see all the fear written on her temples. It was like a game. As he would take one step forward she would immediately take two step backwards. "Okay fine." Kai breathed and came closer. Krystal looked behind her back. She was already at the dead end of the roof which means she couldn't step back. And to make it even more worse the rooftop wasn't covered with any wall. One step back and she would directly fall on the ground from the building she was standing. She slowly turned her head towards him. He was giving her the evilest of his smirks. "Ow ,no ground to step on?" He asked her raising his brows. Fear had got the best of her as she couldn't even answer him. Krystal tried moving forward but the devil remained still. She then slowly looked towards his face. It was dead calm. "Do you know what happens if I push you now?" Kai questioned her, emphasizing the word push.

He then leaned towards her ears and whispered huskily "You ing die." As he said those words her eyes widened in shock and the strands of her hair on her back stood straight. Krystal knew what was Kai cabaple of doing. She knew that he would not even hesitate for a second to push her off this building. "Let's do what you say Krystal. I'll make a new start." he retorted. This was one of the very rare times that he would call her name. Krystal stared at him believing that he wouldn't possibly kill her right. But to her dismay, he added "But I don't want you to be a part of it." With that Kai brought his hands near her shoulder and pushed her. Everything went in slow motion like in a drama. Tears unconciously fell and Krystal bidded goodbye to the world but again Kai gradded her hand and stopped her from falling.
 Krystal's heart started beating crazily. She couldn't even breathe properly. She was literally in the verge of falling.

"KAI ! WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING?" Krystal screamed at him.  Meanwhile Kai was just staring at her.

 "Pull me right this instant", she hollered. But being the devil he was, Kai decided not to hear that. Finally letting go of her ego, "Please Kai.I beg of you " Krystal pleaded. That was it. Kai harshly pulled her towards him causing Krystal to bump on his wide shoulders.

Shaking with fear, she literally clutched him and cried. "I thought you were really going to let go off my hand. You are such a bastard Kai." She tearily spoke. "I am sorry for everything." Krystal apologized while crying even more.

To her utmost surprise, Kai pulled her into a hug and said, "I am like a broken glass. Those who try to pick up will not only get hurt but bleed out."