a little spray paint on my heart

a story of spray paints

  It was funny how they kept repainting the walls in hopes of putting a stop to the vandalisms, when all he could see was a brand new canvas to work his art on, and all he had to do was wait a week each time. The hissing sound, the smell of spray paint, just watching the red covering the grey painted wall. It sent a rush of adrenaline just knowing that he was out and about late, without a care what it was. He hummed to himself, pleased with the art beginning to cover the wall. He missed the one he did when the wall was previously cream coloured. But he had to admit that his work then was possibly better.

  V didn't have to turn around at the sound of footsteps to know it was Rap Monster. No one he knew walked sounding like even their footsteps had a beat of their own.

  "Yo V," the older called out, ignoring the dirty look some man was giving him simly because he threw away his wrapper.

  "Hey," the younger replied, barely taking his eyes off him.

  Rap Monster leaned against the wall a distance away from V's usual canvas area to avoid paint on his clothes, but still close enough to talk to him, "You working on something new?"

  "Yeah, I call this one war of hormones," the younger replied, shaking the spray can.

  "Nice," he replied, despite the fact that all he saw were just doodles and lines on a wall. He didn't say anything about it, knowing Taehyung, no was going to just go on about how spray painting was still an art that not everyone understood.

  "How was the competition?" V asked, trying to get the bit of paint off the nozzler, only to get it on his shirt when he tried to wipe it off. He shrugged, mentally adding it to the pile of laundry just waiting for him back home. Silently, he wondered how long it'll take before either Jimin or Jungkook caves and does his laundry for him.

  ", that bastard Suga decided to play some of his tracks and suddenly they all like him better. " Rap Monster scoffed, "They only like it because the dickhead brought along that dancer of his - JHope something - to heat things up. I bet if I had a dancer of my own, this won't be a problem."

  "Why don't you?" 

  "What?"

  "Bring a dancer, or someone. For support," V said. "It's been a while since you've brought anyone to the scene. Hell, even I haven't been there."

  "You'll just end up drunk, and I'll have to drag your sorry home," the older replied. He shuffled on his feet, breathing out a puff of air. His hands buried deep in his pockets, one closing around a box that had been weighing his thoughts.

  "Hey, you want a smoke?"

  V glanced at him frowing, and shook his head, "I don't smoke, and neither do you."

  Hearing the silence that followed, the yonger stopped his spray painting, "You don't, do you?"

  "No," the older sighed, pocketing his cigarettes in favor of his favourite lollipop. "No, but I might. One day."

  "Why?"

  Rap Monster can only shrugged in reply, "That Taemin kid started."

  "So? He's got no one to kiss since Minho hyung ditched him," the younger said, letting the red take over the other colours.

  "Like I have someone," he retorted leaning his head against the wall, running his tongue run over the sweet candy. He barely noticed when the picture started taking place, too lost in his own self pity of losing the competition, being lonely and single.

  "You can always kiss me."

  Behind the name of Rap Monster was a man by the name of Namjoon who had always been careful with his thoughts, sometimes messing with it but they were always on track. Prepared for anything. But by the simple statement, he could feel his train of thoughts crash into a post with the words DANGER on it, leaving him clueless on how to answer.

  He turned to the younger, his mouth opened and shut, words rendering him useless.

  Spraying his infamous signature on to his art, V, Taehyung could only smile proudly at his artwork, while simultaneously trying to ignore the burning gaze on the side of his face. Jimin was right, he really did have a problem with simply letting his mouth run.

  Namjoon took a deep breath, clearing his throat keeping his eyes on the now colourful wall, "This looks great."

  The smile the younger gave made Namjoon looked away, fearing that the sound of his heart would give him away.

  For a moment, he wondered if his mind was playing tricks, before he realized the flashing red lights were real. He quickly nudged V to let's go, before breaking out into a sprint with the sound of sirens chasing them. That night, like many nights, Rap Monster and V were caught and charged for vandalisme. The police that caught them didn't bother reading their rights, didn't bother to be gentle. He knew that they'd be at it again as soon as they got out.

  That night V and Rap Monster got caught for the umpteeth time, but for Taehyung and Namjoon, things began to seem different.

***

so here it is, my first vmon. They're kinda sweet together. I wasn't really sure whether I should let them kiss or what, so I settled for this.

sorry for those who expected blown out romance drama.