What If...

Missing You like Crazy

 

"Kwon-ah, what will happen if we break up?" I knew that it was the end, as I saw him
turning his back and walking out of the cafe. It would have been better if it just stopped at the word 'What If'.
But when that 'What If' became a reality, it felt like my heart was falling apart. 
"I'm sorry, I know you feel uncomfortable staying with me here, so I'll go.
You can call me when you feel comfortable talking to me again or... nevermind."

Those words he said to me hurted me so much.
You are so cruel. There's no way that I will feel uncomfortable with you.
Next time we meet we will see each other with a smile, ofcourse we will.

 

-+-

 

I smiled at the voice that melted my ears. 
Jiho-ah, when we broke up, I got to listen to a lot of music, found good voices,
read some books and watched a lot of movies. It seemed like I did a lot that I couldn't do before.
I studied most of the time and met a lot of nice people too. 
I thought that word 'What If' broke my heart into pieces but it didn't.
That wasn't it. Everything I do, feels so empty and boring.
The good voices, just come to me for a short time to cheer me up and disappear.

 

I looked into my contact list and stopped when I saw his name.
I pressed the call button and in seconds, he picked the phone up.

"I think I miss you."

There was only silence, but I knew that he was on the phone.

"I was stupid to call you. I'm sorry."

 

'Bye.' I hung the phone up and burried my face on the pillow.
I wasn't blaming you. I am not blaming you for the pain because you ain't the person who will hurt me like this.
Still, If... just if you come to see me from this call, I'll be happy. No one will understand what we are going through,
but the day we broke up since now, I can't stop thinking about you. I miss you so much.

I hugged the big bear that he gave to me as a present.

 

"Hello?"
[... Kim Yukwon]
"J-Jiho..?"

 

When I picked the phone up, and answered half asleep, I heard the voice I wanted to hear for a long time.
Why did he call me? Did he just call me for no reason?
I was waiting for your response while wiping the sweat from my hands that was holding the phone.
'I'm at the part near your place. Come out.' 

He hung up as soon as he said that. I quickly got dressed and ran out of the house while
fixing my hair. I slowed down as I got to the park. You were on the swing moving front to back
and that made me sigh in relief that you are still there. It has been awhile seeing you,
and you seemed to lost a lot of weight. Even more than me.

 

"Jiho-ah."

 

As soon as I called him, he got up from the swing and hugged me tightly.
I could hear his voice that low voice that I haven't heard for awhile.
'I know you won't understand me, but you know what.'

 

"There is this time when I really want to hug you."

I couldn't say anything. He didn't say anything after that, and held me more tightly.

 

"If... What if I say let's start all over again... will you start over with me?"
As a reply I just put my arms around his neck and gave a peck on his lips.
"I don't think we can never break up. Let's not think about the 'What If' anymore."
I nodded as I looked at him in the eyes.

 

"I missed you."
"I missed you too."