September 22, 2015

Peach Chiffon, a Jonghyun x Yeri story

In the waiting room before the start of the Blue Night show recording. He walks over to where Yeri and Irene are sitting. After exchanging few greetings Jonghyun's attention immediately turn to Yeri. He talks about some changes to the interview script. He whispers to her, "Remember what you told me last night about KTH's drama. Mention it when I ask the group about who they want to be for a day." Yeri asks him why, and he tells her it will be a surprise.

Jonghyun sees that Irene is giving a disinterest look but also appears to be watching over them.

Yeri took out her cellphone and said she wants to take a picture. Irene said that this time she doesn't want to be included and that the other two matched better. Yeri smiled and Jonghyun made the same pose as her.


FNdNzRr.jpgpyvVi9S.jpg


It became usual for Yeri and Jonghyun to take photos whenever they got the chance. They would also trade pictures of things they captured for the day. Yeri kept this a secret from the rest of Red Velvet, except for one time Joy caught her at night when she sneaked up on her bed. This began by Jonghyun's request who told Yeri that she was his greatest inspiration.

At the Blue Night stage Jonghyun interviewed Red Velvet. He asked Yeri the question they spoke in the waiting room. She feigned shyness and whispered the name of the person she wanted to be to Jonghyun. He leaned closer and Yeri put her hand on his arms. Her touch felt like electricity to him. Any physical contact between them sent his mind racing.

Yeri: Kim Taehee sunbaenim is so pretty in the drama. I want to know how it's like to have a face like that...

Jonghyun: But you are so pretty as well.

It was a short response but to him this was a big moment. It was the first time he publicly acknowledged Yeri's beauty. The more others became aware of his adoration of Yeri the more it fueled his ambition to be closer with her.