Understanding

A series of oneshots ♡
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Before you begin reading, make sure you've read the foreward because that has a little bit of description abou the characters.  

Please note that my spelling may be slightly different to yours. Because I live in Australia I spell everything in the UK English way :)

These oneshots can often  contain ual refrences, violence, and mature themes. 
 


Understanding

Characters: Kai, Krystal, Taemin
Genre: Slight angst, fluff
Words: 2572

 

“Don’t act like you know everything Jongin because you really don’t.” She said coldly.

“Soojung, you’re the one that’s being immature here and I need to know why you’re abruptly trying to break up with me over the damn phone!” He exclaimed.

“Can’t you just respect my decisions?” She asked.

“Can’t you take in my perspective?” He immediately provoked.

She sighed. “I just need time for myself.”

“That’s your excuse every single time, if you’re sick of me then just say it for god sake!” He yelled with frustration.

“No it’s not th--”

“Goodbye Soojung.”

 

Soojung shut her eyes and listened to the several different voices in her head that were telling her altered opinions. 

 

It was hard being an idol and having a boyfriend who is also an idol. They saw eachother once or twice a month, three if they’re lucky and it was hard, for both of them. To Soojung, it came to the point where she couldn’t handle her thoughts, her job and her boyfriend at the same time. It had nearly been a year since her sister left the world-widely known girl group, snsd and ever since then she had been struggling with just about everything. Also another year since her bandmate went on ‘hiatus’ but actually left the group.

 

SM concerts used to be fun because it was a way of meeting her sister and Jongin, but now it was just Jongin and they barely talked when they saw eachother, she felt so bad when she looked into his tired eyes and dark circles. SM concerts for her now are the worst, she sees other snsd members everywhere and she hasn’t talked to them since her sister left the group. She spends the majority of her time in the hotel room and refuses to go to the dinners after the concert, making up a pathetic excuse every time. Soojung realised SM concerts were going to be absolutely pointless since Jongin just hung up on the phone and she definitely didn’t want to get on that plane to Osaka soon.

 

Even though the concert was a 2 day thing, her luck decided to appear; she found out exo was going to be coming on the concert day, rather than the day before like her. Her mind was filled with worries and bitterness, she didn’t mean what she had said to him, and it was just hard for her.

As soon as she settled down in her hotel room she heard the doorbell and was greeted by Taemin, Jongin’s number one best friend. Taemin and Soojung had been close for a long time, it was mainly because they both debuted at a young age and they were able to share their idol-problems comfortably. Taemin was the one who re-introduced Soojung to Jongin, of course Soojung and Jongin knew of each other’s existence but never bothered to approach one and another.

 

“Soojung!” Taemin exclaimed as he walked straight pass her to get into the room.

“Hey Soojung how are you? Can I come in? Sure Taemin oppa come in.” Soojung said sarcastically as she shut the door.

“Sorry but this is important.” Taemin said.

“If it’s about Jongin I’m pretty sure he now hates me and we are no longer in a relations---”

“He called me last night at 3am crying, what the did you say to him?!” Taemin asked, cutting Soojung off to get straight to his point.

“What?” Soojung whispered, mentally repeating what Taemin had just told her.

“Jongin was what?” She repeated.

“He was crying!” Taemin cried. “Then he went on and told me about how he just wants to give up on everything. What if he becomes the next member to leave exo?!”

“What else did he say?” Soojung asked.

“That’s all he said, then he said he had to go and hung up before I could finish my sentence.” He replied. “Anyway, did you have a fight with him or what?”

“We broke up.” She announced.

“What the ?” Taemin frowned, at the very unexpected answer.

“It’s been hard for me oppa you know that. I mean, yeah Jongin was there for me when Jinri went on ‘hiatus’ and when unnie left but I just have so many things going through my mind these days. I’m sure he didn’t mean it, you know him better than I do, he would never give up on dancing.” She said.

“He loves you more than you think.”

Soojung stayed silent for a moment, but managed to open again to speak up. “And as much as I love him back I can’t do this. I don’t know where my future is going, Jinri is not coming back, unnie is always overseas and I’m always stuck in stupid hotel rooms to avoid the stares snsd unnies give me. Then I distract myself by going on my phone but I’m only greeted with insulting instagram comments.”

This time, Taemin didn’t speak.

“Soojung I may not exactly know how you feel but I can somewhat relate, you know that. You and I both debuted when we were fifteen, while Jongin still had his high school life, his study life and his social life, we spent every single day dancing and singing. He hasn’t been in this industry for as long as we have so he might not understand the difficulties you are facing, I face problems too. But it’s better to stay more positive and once you explain to Jongin how you feel he will understand.” He said.

“I’ve put him through too much pain and stress to be honest.” Soojung murmured. “And you know how restless and tired he looks when you see him around.”

“Just because he’s busy and tired, it doesn’t mean he doesn’t have time for you.” Taemin said clearly.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter