Dance Lessons

Super Girl

                                                                                     

I guess I procratinate a lot. this took me longer than necessary to finish writing. Because I keep getting story ideas. So I start writing small prompts instead of this story though I finished half of it in my mind already. My finals start tomorrow wish me luck so I can graduate in 2 weeks. :)


I woke up to the insistent banging coming from the door. I checked my clock thinking I overslept but it was only 5:30. Ugh, I was planning to get up at 6 o’clock I could have slept half an hour more. I love sleep as much as I love food, maybe even more. I opened the door to stop the hideous banging.

“Hey, dongsaeng good morning.”

It was Eunhyuk with a huge gummy smile on his face though it vanished quickly after he saw me.

“Woah, you look like I have offended your ancestors or something. Before you kill me, here I come bearing gifts.”

He lifted the brown bag he was holding in his hand. It felt the mouth watering smell waft through it.

“Breakfast! Maybe you get to live another day after all.”

My mood instantly light up as I took the bag from his hand and started walking to the kitchen with Eunhyuk in tow.

“By the way since you are not mad at me anymore, let me tell you your hair looks really funny.”

I just realized that I am in my pajamas and my hair is a mess. I haven’t even washed my face. I felt a blush rising up to my cheeks as I rushed to the bathroom and then to my room. After deciding that I look presentable enough and ready for the day ahead I charged to the kitchen to eat.

Eunhyuk already set up the table and I felt a smile emerge. It was one of my favorites; kimbap.  I raised an eyebrow.

“I didn’t know that you can cook.”

“I can’t. Ryeowook made it for breakfast and I managed to sneak out some for you. He cooks for us normally or we get take out.”

“Well then thank you for the food.”

I showed him a huge smile that matched his before digging in to the food. After I devoured everything he brought we left for the studio.

 

At the studio I saw a different side of the goofy guy. He was pretty serious when it came to dancing but so am I. After the rigorous warming up we had I was ready to rock the choreography.

“Okay before we start the dance routine you saw yesterday I want to know how good you are at dancing so I can decide whether to explain it like I am explaining to Shindong or Sungmin.”

He snickered at his own inside joke whilst I was clueless since I didn’t had any time to research the members yet. Maybe I would do it tonight if I had time left.

“So I have prepared you a mix with different songs. You can dance to the ones you know and just freestyle the rest. I would get an idea by then.”

I loved dancing so bring it on. I was excited to show my talent and not long after the songs started. Erasing all the thoughts in my mind. It was a mix of girl and boy group songs and I did my best under the analyzing gaze of Eunhyuk.

I finished with a turn and a fall on my knees. As I raised my head I saw the huge gummy smile on Eunhyuk’s face again.

“Wow. I wasn’t expecting for you to be this good. You have a good sense of rhythm and sharp moves but I can see that you are a bit lacking on the girl dance side. You are powerful but not y. Sorry.”

He had that cheeky grin again. He was teasing me but I know that he was right at the same time. I liked dancing to boy groups’ songs. I liked break dancing not shaking.

“But that’s fine. You will get the basics of the dance today and we can work on the details later. I also called Donghae to hang with us but he has a schedule so he will come later is that okay?”

“Of course. The more the merrier.”

After fooling around some more things got serious again and we started practicing until Eunhyuk got satisfied with my dancing.

“Wah this was good, dancing with someone close to my level. You still lack the feeling but you are a fast learner so I think my job is almost done here. I can’t believe that you don’t have an ounce of y in you. Even I dance more ily than you.”

  “Yah oppa, stop with the teasing already.”

I bumped my shoulder to his playfully. We continued to bicker until a cough interrupted us.

“Ehem... I hope I am not interrupting something.”

In the door stood one of the hottest guys I have ever seen in my life. I was oficially star struck.

“Oh, hey Donghae.”

Eunhyuk gave him a high five and they hit their shoulder together in a half hug. All the while I was still looking at him dumbly.

“You met Sara yesterday right. I thought the three of us could dance together but we are finished already. She is really good at dancing.”

He looked like a proud teacher talking about my progress in dancing.

“H-hi.” And now I was stuttering. What’s wrong with me. The guy just showed a shy smile.

“Hello Sara-shi. That’s too bad that I missed it. I wanted to dance too. But since I can’t, let’s go and eat instead I am starving.”

Huge grins spread onto both of our faces at the mention of food. I just realized that we even skipped lunch without even realizing it.

“I am famished too. Let’s go.”

 

 

 After deciding we deserve chicken after a long day of dancing. We found a restaurant and ordered. Thankfully because of the hour, it was empty so the guys didn’t have to hide themselves from the fans. As we waited for the food I kept stealing glances at Donghae. I can’t believe I didn’t know there was this hot guy in the group.

“Yah Donghae, I think the manager will cut my time with Sara soon.”

Eunhyuk was pouting and acting all cutesy towards Donghae like he was his boyfriend.

“Why would you think that?” Donghae answered without paying much attention.

“Because, she is too good at it. I am sure the manager hyung will give my time to one of the other guys soon.”

His at the verge of tears voice finally got Donghae’s attention.

“How about we have her dance in our upcoming song’s music video? So that I can also get to dance with her and this will give her some recognition before debut?”

Surprised was the only word that can describe my feelings. I was thinking that my debut was too soon and even before that I get to be in a music video. I felt like everything was moving too fast for me. But before I get to say anything Eunhyuk screamed.

“Oh my God, Donghae. I can’t believe you are actually saying something smart. This is like the best idea you have ever had in the eight years we have been together.”

Donghae smacked his head as he frowned.

“Yah, I am not that bad.”

As I was watching them interact a smile creeped up to my face. They were just too cute together. Their friendship was beautiful. But then all of a sudden the tables me because Eunhyuk’s entire cutesy act was directed at me. While Donghae only had a small smile grazing his lips.

“Pelin-ah. You want to dance with me, right. You will do it, right.”

“I… I… ummm… you know my schedule is…”

“C’mon just say yes. You won’t even understand it is your job because we will have so much fun together. Please, pretty please.”

I pouted before I give up. After all resistance was futile.

“Yah guys can’t act this cute what’s wrong with you. Okay I will do it. Only if the manager says it’s okay though.”

Eunhyuk fisted the air.

“Yes!”

After Eunhyuk’s loud stunt we eat in a tired silence and went to our respective dorms to end the night.

But the night was not over for me. It was rude for me to not even know their names. After all they were creating time in their schedules to help me. I planned a quick search though I had no idea Super Junior was a black hole. There were so many articles, videos and information on the internet I ended up going to the bed when the first rays of sun was shining through.