bruised angel

misery business

  His job was simple. Guard the door. His orders were simple. Make sure no one goes in or out before the order of business is over. If the situation calls for it, he's allowed to kill. The whole ordeal inside was a mystery to him, and he'd like to keep it that way. He's seen a lot of people go into the room, but few ever came out alive, let alone unscratched. He never bothered to learn their faces, most of them ended up unrecognizable in the end. But he still heard things. Things he wish he never heard. Crying, begging for mercy. Screaming when it came to it. Torturous screaming that made his blood curl. They would last for hours on end, leaving Yoongi struggling to focus on the song in his head. Sometimes his employer was in a merciful mood in which a single gun shot rang out, ending every other noise before. There were times when the guests are played with, where multiple gun shots where heard but the cries only grew more desperate.

  That day Yoongi stood by the door quietly, eyes trained to the wall in front of him. Heavy footsteps were heard. A tall man came forward, his crisp suit darker than coal, smooth to the touch followed by a man that was easily twice  his size, carrying a limp body over his shoulder. Yoongi didn't say anything, merely stepping aside for his employer. He spotted a flash of bright red hair, undoubtedly some guy who tried to screw them over. Without so much as a glance his way, Yoongi simply shut the door and locked it from outside, ensuring no one will escape.

  Everything was quiet at first. Yoongi couldn't hear anything from outside. He assumed they were still deciding how to deal with the day's business.

  Suddenly a single gun shot rang out, and he could hear thuds and something crashed. They had a fighter in today. Judging by the noises he heard, Yoongi contemplated on how long it will last until it's over. It's possible that he could end up going home early. If this was the only job of the day. He silently winced at the sound of a snap that was too loud to not be painful. The blood curling scream that followed made him shut his eyes. He was still human, he realized, prone to the sound of others being tortured - even after having worked there for nearly a year.

  He heard a thud against the door from the other side, easily recognizing it as a sound of someone practically thrown to the door. He wondered if he should open it, but then his orders were clear. Even if he itched to see what's going on inside, he'd rather not be killed because of it. He heard that's what happened to the last guy.

  He didn't have to think long, when the door suddenly opened and the red hair he saw earlier, stumbled out. Instinctively, Yoongi reached for his gun, only for it to be gone in the next second.

  "I'd rather you not do that," the red head said, pointing Yoongi's gun right back at him.

  He looked so young, Yoongi noticed. Younger than him even. His pretty face bruised and bloodied, no doubt the work of the bigger guy. The guy was holding on to his side, breathing heavily. He could see blood seeping through his shirt. Even in the state he was in, Yoongi could tell he was extremely good looking. Pity he had to die.

  A static sound caught both their attention, and the younger immediately fumbed through his pocket. Yoongi could see him trying to breathe through the pain.

  "Jimin. Come in, Jimin."

  The guy - Jimin - seemed very annoyed. As if whatever moment they were having was ruined. He fumbled through his pocket, searching.

  Yoongi eyed him carefully, waiting for his chance to attack. The guy was injured, he shouldn't be hard to take out.

  Jimin must have noticed something in his movements. For the next second, he kicked Yoongi right in between his legs hitting him straight on target. Yoongi could barely react, finding himself on the floor writhing in pain. He could see Jimin standing over him, shooting him a warning glare, gun still pointing straight at him.

  "Taehyung's not here. Tell Namjoon hyung to search their hideout in Jeju. That bastard Youngjae might be hiding there," Jimin said, eyes locked with Yoongi's throughout. Stuffing the walkie talkie back in his pocket, he smirked as if the sight of Yoongi amused him greatly.

  "Weren't you the waitress at the Japanese cafe last week?" Jimin asked, tilting his head. Yoongi didn't say anything, keeping his expression void of emotion. He'd rather not give the guy satisfaction. The whole waitress thing was stupid Jungkook's idea - he learned to stop betting against the younger after that.

  He didn't expect anyone to recognize him, wanting to bury it all behind.

  "It's too bad," Jimin said, snapping him back. "I wanted to ask you out, but I couldn't find you. I didn't realize you were a guy."

  " you," he spat out.

  "Maybe later," he said, cheerfully. Jimin leaned in, making Yoongi leaned back unconsciously. "But right now I'm looking for Taehyung - you might know him as V. Where is he?"

  "I don't know," Yoongi answered, maintaining his cool.

  The gun went from his head to between his legs, causing him to break into cold sweat.

  "Don't lie to me," Jimin warned, his tone laced with a promise if he did. "I don't like being lied to."

  "I'm not," Yoongi told him, struggling to keep his voice even. "I guard the door outside. I don't know what goes on in the room."

  "So he was here," Jimin said, more to himself. Yoongi didn't say anything, knowing anything else would be futile by this point. He doubted he'd have anything useful for the red head. He'd rather not lie, and be hunted down later when he's found out. Jimin threw a glance at him, narrowing his eyes, and shot him.

  Yoongi cried out loud in pain, holding on to his foot. He could see red seeping through his pants, feel something wet against his skin. But the pain was unbearable, and suddenly he wished he was dead. He could barely feel anything else with the overwhelming pain. He barely heard what Jimin said, before the red head left him there.

  "Sorry hyung, I promise I'll make it up to you next time."

***

I don't know. This was more of a spur of the moment thing. I had inspiration after watching the Run mv and listening to I Need You too many times.

I don't know if there will ever be a continuation to this so hope you liked it.