Beef Bulgogi

Of Peaches and Blues (COMPLETED)

Yoongi couldn’t sleep. The night was cold despite the heater blasting on full power and Yoongi being wrapped in two layers of thick blankets. When he closed his eyes, his thoughts wonder.

 

When will Seokjin and Namjoon get married? What date will Jungkook graduate? Will Jimin be able to see? Will Taehyung really be a doctor? What will death feel like?  

 

He searched about death. How rigor mortis will occur in the first few hours. How the abdomen will bloat and how his skin will turn into a grisly greenish color. It doesn’t help. Yoongi was scared and his thoughts kept him awake for the fourth day in a row.

 

Having these kinds of thoughts does not help Yoongi in writing a new book. Children’s book in particular. Yoongi made 25 drafts. He wasn’t satisfied in any of them. They all ended sadly. Gruesome tragedies happening to each and every character he wrote. He sighed as he slammed his laptop closed. Waiting for the sun to come up was the only option he got.

 


“The moon must’ve loved the sun too much. It died every night just to let it breathe.” Jungkook mumbled as he munched on a cinnamon flavored churro.

 

“What the heck are you reading? A romance teenlit?” Yoongi chuckled as he drove towards the signing venue.

 

“It’s a compilation of quotes online, hyung.” Jungkook snickered. “There’s this thing called Internet. It’s the 21st century.” The younger replied, earning a scoff from his brother.

 

“Brat.” Yoongi replied as he ruffled Jungkook’s neatly gelled hair with his right hand. Earning a whine from the younger.

 

“Hyung! You’re ruining my perfect hair!” Jungkook whined as he his phone’s front camera. Checking his own reflection out. Yoongi laughed when his phone rang.

 

“Put it on loud speaker, Kook.” Yoongi said.

 

Jungkook nodded as he took his brother’s phone in his bag. It was Jimin.

 

“Who is it?” Yoongi asked.

 

“Jimin.” Jungkook deadpanned as he pressed the loud speaker icon on his brother’s phone.

 

“Hello?” Yoongi said.

 

Hyung! I heard you have a book-signing event today. Taehyung told me.” Jimin replied. Hearing his voice, Yoongi could imagine the smile drawn across the younger’s face. Making him look 3 years younger from his actual age.

 

“Yeah. Are you coming?” Yoongi asked.

 

Nope. It will be too much of a hassle, having a blind man roaming around in a crowded mall.” Jimin replied as he sighed. “I demand a private signing session!” He joked, earning a chuckle from Yoongi. “

 

“And why must I comply?” Yoongi joked. He was too focused on the road and on his conversation with Jimin that he didn’t notice Jungkook scowling beside him.

 

Because I’m your customer too! I’m one of your precious readers.” Jimin replied.

 

“Fine. I’ll visit you as soon as possible. Maybe after the signing event.” Yoongi replied. “I’ll talk to you later. I’m driving right now.”

 

Oh! Sorry for bothering you, hyung! Taking a call while driving is dangerous. I’ll hang up. Bye!” Jimin said without a pause as the younger hung up on him.  Yoongi sighed.

 

“Are you really going to visit Jimin today?” Jungkook asked. His doe eyes staring right into Yoongi’s .

 

“Probably. I bet he’s lonely.” Yoongi said as he carefully parked his car. “And it’s Jimin hyung for you, Kook. He’s still older than you.” Yoongi said as he opened the door and slammed the door shut. Jungkook soon followed.

 

“He doesn’t act like he’s older than me.” Jungkook replied. He helped to bring posters and stationeries for Yoongi.

 

“Really?” Yoongi asked.

 

“He’s too naïve, hyung.” Jungkook replied shortly. “It’s like he lived in a world where fairies and miracles happen on a regular basis.”

 

Yoongi chuckled. “He has a different perspective in live.” Yoongi said as he grabbed one of the plastic bags his younger brother was carrying. Trying to lessen his burden.

 

“I thought you liked Jimin. What happened? Did you guys fight or something?” Yoongi asked. He knew the answer, Seokjin told him

 

“I'm just not comfortable around him.” Jungkook said as he pressed the elevator door open.

 

It was a pretty huge shopping district. Yoongi’s fan signing event was held in one of their grand halls. The tables were neatly placed and the chairs were arranged perfectly. There was a huge standing banner with Yoongi’s book’s cover on it and his name and picture printed below.

 

“You look weird here, hyung.” Jungkook joked as he smiled widely.

“Brat.” Yoongi spat playfully.

 

“What the hell did they do to get you to smile like this? And your hair was still pink here. You looked like a happy bundle of cotton candy.” Jungkook cooed at his older brother. Dismissing the glare the elder gave him. He was used to it.

 

Yoongi sighed as he walked inside the waiting room, Jungkook following him as his eyes wander everywhere. He opened the door, revealing his colleague, Jung Hoseok.

 

“What are you doing here, Hobi.” Yoongi said as he sighed.

 

“Wow. Is that what you’re supposed to say to an old friend?” Hoseok whined. “Oh my gosh! Kookie! Look at how much you’ve grown!” He screamed as he walked over to Jungkook and head locked the younger male.

 

“Hobi hyung.” Jungkook whined as he pushed the elder away.

 

“Stop harassing my younger brother.” Yoongi said as he sighed for the nth time.

 

“Geez, fine!” Hoseok said as he released his grip on Jungkook. He then tidied up his shirt and suit. “The fans will start assembling in 30 minutes. Prepare yourself till then.” Hoseok said as he walked towards the door. “Oh, don’t forget to submit your draft to me when it’s ready.” He smiled right before he exited the room.

 

Yoongi threw his body on the sofa. He lifted his right hand to cover his eyes, avoiding the blinding light.

 

“Hyung, I’ll walk around the mall. Call me when you’re done with the fansigning.” Jungkook said.

 

“Yeah. You’ll be bored if you wait for me here. Go eat lunch.” Yoongi replied.

 

“I’ll take out for you too. What do you want?” Jungkook asked. Yoongi has always been a rather picky eater. He won’t eat food that is too spicy. He won’t eat cucumbers and sesame seeds too. Not to mention vegetables.

 

“No, you don’t need to. They prepared catering for the staffs.” Yoongi replied. “Take my credit card, in case you need to buy something.” Yoongi offered as he opened his wallet that was buried inside his coat’s pocket.

 

“Woah, Min Yoongi-ssi is earning well these days.” Jungkook joked as he accepted his brother’s card, putting in safely inside his pocket.

 

“I’m doing my best to secure us financially.” Yoongi said. He has always been pampering Jungkook. Providing him with anything he wanted. Latest phone models, branded clothes, and the best of the best in anything. Having no other family member to spoil, he wanted to treat Jungkook in the best way possible. He deserved everything Yoongi gave him.

 

“Hyung, what are you worrying about? We have more than enough.” Jungkook said as he grabbed a chair nearby.

 

“College is not cheap, Kook.” Yoongi said in a matter of fact.

 

“I could enroll in college for 5 times and we would still have enough money to feed a family of 5 for 50 years.” Jungkook replied, earning a chuckle from the elder.

 

“Go and eat. You didn’t get to eat breakfast.” Yoongi said as he ruffled Jungkook’s hair.

 

“So do you. Take care of yourself, hyung.” Jungkook replied as he walked out.

 

“Whatever.” Yoongi said, a smile plastered on his face.


 

 

Yoongi love meeting his readers. He loves being able to interact with them, hearing what they thought of his story.

 

“Min Yoongi I thought my heart was going to burst! I’m going to sue you!”

“I love reading your book. They never fail to amaze me.”

“You’re a wonderful author.”

“Please do continue writing.”

“You inspire me to write.”

 

Those were a few of the things his readers would say to him. Yoongi felt so blessed. Being able to inspire people in doing what they wanted to do most. Being an example. Being one of the young authors that broke the stereotypes of how an author is supposed to be. Yoongi has always been a walking contradiction and that makes him unique as an author and as an individual. That was what attracted people to him. Gaping in awe as they witness the genius young author, Min Yoongi.

 

“Author-nim. I hope Peach and Blue would be happy!” A kid said as she opened the cover of her copy of Yoongi’s book, asking for his signature.

 

“Of course.” Yoongi said as he signed her book with a hot pink marker. “Especially when a sweet girl like you is cheering on them.” He continued, earning a wide smile from the girl in front of him.

 

“Please be happy too, author-nim.” She said as she bowed politely. Yoongi smiled as she walked away from the queue. Yoongi smiled as he sighed. It has been hours and no matter how much he loves meeting his readers, he wanted to take a small break.


 

 

“How was it, hyung?” Jungkook said over the phone.

 

“It’s fun. But it’s tiring.” Yoongi said as he took a spoonful of beef bulgogi.

 

Go home and rest.” Jungkook said. “I met my friend Hongbin and the others in the music shop. We plan to play a round of bowling before going back. You should go ahead.” The younger continued. Yoongi could hear Jungkook’s friends talking in the distant.

 

“Okay then. Take care. Don’t go home late. You know your curfew. 10 p.m. Min Jungkook.” Yoongi nagged.

 

Yes mother.” Jungkook joked as he turned his call off. Yoongi sighed as he continued chewing on the low grade marinated beef. Yoongi then bid his goodbyes towards his colleagues and staffs. He unlocked his car and went on a drive towards Jimin’s hospital.

 

The hospital was pretty packed on a Saturday. Nurses were marching back and forth. Some of the doctors were running around, stethoscope hanging loosely on their necks. 

 

Yoongi rode on the elevator. He went down when he spot a familiar room on the corner of the corridor. The room that has the best view of sunsets with the words Park Jimin printed on the label in front of the wooden sliding door.

 

“Hey.” Yoongi said as he walked in. No reply. He peeked inside the room as he spot Jimin, laying unmoving in his bed, his eyes closed. He dyed his hair bright orange this time. It was tousled pretty badly. He looked so peaceful and innocent. Yoongi sighed as he grabbed his chair, sitting beside the sleeping boy. He leaned forward and placed his head on the space available. The first thing he saw once he woke up was the bright orange of the sunset and a kid with matching orange hair, an idiotic smile plastered on his face. 

 


I haven't updated in ages! I'm so sorry! School is resuming and things has been quite hecting these days. I'll do my best to post as soon as possible! What do you think? Fluff is coming again! Thankyou for reading and please comment on the comment section below! I love reading your comments XD I love you all!!! Thank you again for reading and I hope you enjoy!!