1/1

Onneultara

Slumping back into his seat after struggling to keep his luggage in the ridiculously high storage bins. (No, Jinhwan wasn't too short, the storage bins were simply too high up. Who even thought of putting it so high up? Such consideration for short people!) You thought, "It could've been worse Jinhwan-ah.", but to make things worse - whilst tiptoeing, the passengers at the back deciding to squeeze past Jinhwan, hence, pushing Jinhwan foward and he toppled over his seat. And when he managed to pull himself up, the rest decided to play a cruel joke on him and jam the entire way and Jinhwan was completely frustrated that he just slid back against his seat, huffing out in frustration.

Well at least he got the window seat.

 


 

Luckily, Jinhwan was smart enough to purchase 4 slices of strawberry shortcake which will get him going throughout the entire flight. He slung his tote bag off his shoulder and placed it carefully under his seat, trying to not damage the cake inside. Out of the corner of his eyes, he could see a tall figure struggling to walk towards his seat. Beside Jinhwan. 

Jinhwan absolutely hated flights as he had to sit beside a complete stranger and he didn't know what to do. 

"If I sleep and curl my body towards his side, will he be bothered."

"If I move too much, will he be annoyed at me?"

"What if he looks at what I'm watching ohmygod. No."

As you can see, Jinhwan's paranoid (as hell). 

Seeing that he's taking his seat, Jinhwan quickly fished out his phone, plugged in his earphones and put on his facade (called I'm-gonna-ignore-the-person-beside-me-and-act-cool-be nonchalant-and-mind-my-own-business-because-I-don't-ing-know-you).

But Jinhwan being the ever so curious Jinhwan, he took a glance at the tall stranger beside him. Wrong move, Jinhwan. His eyes crosspath with the stranger and Jinhwan jumped back with shock written all over his face. "Was the stranger staring at me the whole time ohmygod !!" 

"Not that I mind..he's..hot.", Jinhwan thought to himself as he clutched his heart to calm his heart. He took deep breaths - still in shock - and he realised. He realised that he was staring at the stranger and the stranger was staring back. Like a staring competition, huh? 

"Hey-"

"Y-yes!",Jinhwan answered almost too immediately.

"Thanks.",the oh-so-ing-hot stranger replied, the corners of his mouth were upturned forming a small smile, but it looked rather..smug?

"Huh?",Jinhwan's mouth slightly fell open as he cocked his head up to stare at the stranger.

A second or two passed with them just staring into each others eyes, until the stranger let out a small chuckle, "For calling me hot, duh."

Jinhwan's face and ears slowly turned red in embarrasment and when he head the stranger laughing at him, that was it.

He bent down, grabbed his phone and somehow managing to grab a box of cake. He swiftly turned towards the stranger and gave a (rather cute) glare and proceeded to curl into a ball and face the window instead.

He heard a louder laugh and  he wanted to hit that man so hard but then again he couldn't, he was too embarrassed afterall.

 


 

Honestly, Junhwe hit the jackpot today. He has never met someone as adorable as the man beside him. It was no news that he plays for the other team, and he would've tried to hit on the smaller male beside him but he was too adorable that it made Junhwe flustered. And it's the first time he has ever felt so flustered over someone, it's insane. Cheesy but true.

He glanced at the curled up figure beside him and honestly, he couldn't help it. He crept up behind him, and softly blew against his neck. Smooth Junhwe, smooth - no whatthewasithinking. The stranger beside him jumped again, and nearly let out a scream if it wasn't for Junhwe's reflexes. Then they found themselves in a rather awkward yet compromising position. Junhwe and the stranger quickly sat back and then the awkward staring resumes. STOP KOO JUNHWE, he screamed in his head.

But he wasn't letting this cutie slip past. He wanted him.

"Um."

The latter gave him a puzzled look.

"M-my name is Koo Junhwe, I'm from Seoul University..-"

"And?"

"Huh?"

"And?", the smaller male asked, completely puzzled.

"How bout' you?"

"Oh."

Junhwe stared with anticipation and his heart was racing - he was so nervous, his palms were sweaty.

"W-why should I tell you? I don't even know you, we aren't even friends, what if you're a hitman who's hired to assassinate me-",Jinhwan unconsiously rambled - a habit of his when he's nervous, and Junhwe found it endearing.

"Woah, chill. We can always start off as friends now and trust me I'm not a hitman or anything. I'm a university student remeber?"

"Univeristy students are scary these days, you'll never know..- oh. Wait.I'm a university student too.", Jinhwan's face was flushed red and Junhwe had to resist the urge from enveloping him into a hug.

"Really!?"

"Excuse me sir, please lower your voice down.", the steward said while smiling but his voice indicates otherwise.

"Sorry.", once Junhwe turned his back towards the steward, he finally rolled his eyes. He knows he was being noisy but he hated it when people call him out. (Or maybe he hates everyone in general but he had a rep to maintain.) (Right.)

"So, back to our topic, which university are you studying at?"

"Same.", Jinhwan squeaked.

"What."

"Same as yours, you freakho."

"I'm going to ignore your last comment about me, how old are you?"

"Same age."

"This is fate. This is it. This is it." Junhwe muttered.

"Huh?"

"Nothing."
 


 

"The guts of this Koo Junhwe guy. Freakho, why does he want to know about me so much AND why was I so stupid I shouldn't have told him ohmygod." It was certainly out of Jinhwan's nature to call people names and be this irritatable but well, he had a bad day afterall. Jinhwan was trying to de-stress himself by stuffing himself with the cake he bought.Jinhwan should've known better to get his jacket out from luggage because now he's freezing. (Not really but he's definitely sensitive to the cold, no matter how much he liked it.) He felt shivers and goosebumps from time to time and all he can hear is his own sniffling. He's pretty sure his nose turned red by now.

Until he felt something heavy but warm was placed over his head. He peeked out from the huge jacket that's placed above him and saw that it was that Koo Junhwe's jacket.

"Hey, Junhwe-ah you don't need to do this, take your jacket back.", Jinhwan's lips formed a slight pout, unconciously pushing Junhwe to his limits once more.

"It's okay, I want to do it and you should take it, you need it more than I do. I have another jacket here."

"But it's thinner than this! You're gonna freeze!"

"I think you're the only one who's freezing cold here so really take it."

Jinhwan obligatedly took it, though he felt this fluttering feeling in him. And he's having a hard time to convince himself otherwise. He's having a hard time to convince himself that he's not in love with Junhwe because he has had bad experiences with love at first sight back in highschool. But damn, he's falling pretty fast now.

Pushing aside those thoughts, he took the jacket and wrapped it around himself. And he's pretty sure he's inhaling Junhwe's scent. It smells lightly of cologne, a mix of a faint whiff of cinnamon and coffee and Junhwe's own musky body smell. No it wasn't sweat, it just smells like Junhwe. It's pleasantly comforting and he couldn't get enough of it.

And he's glad that Junhwe's voice pulled him out of his trance before Jinhwan could start making up scenarios of waking up to this smell, on the bed, on the pillow, and Junhwe beside him - aah, that's amaz-

"Hey."

"O-oh! Yes?"

"You never told me your name.", Junhwe said sheepishly.

"My name's Kim Jinhwan."

"Jinhwan...Jinhwan..-"

How I wish he could say my name forever, it's addicting - his voice - oh my god I need to st-

"-..suits you!"

"Hmm?"

"Your name suits you! You're cute and your name is cute.", Junhwe said with a smug smile.

Jinhwan chose to ignore that and take another bite of his cake before resuming to stare at Junhwe.

"Hell, your studs make you look so hot."

"Hm? Thanks Jinny.", he smirked.

"J-Jinny?"

"It's cute."

 


 

About 2 and a half hours into the flight, Junhwe unlocked his 6s and leaned back into his seat while watching some performances of his favourite male kpop group that he downloaded.

"Oh. My. God. Is that Aircon!?"

"You know them too, Jinny?"

Junhwe didn't miss the blush that formed on Jinhwan's face when he said Jinny.

"Yes, oh my God I love them so much!" 

"Really?! Who's your favourite? Mine is July!"

"July has a great voice, it's so raspy and..unique! Oh! Mine is Bee's Eye!"

"Damn, great choice he's a great rapper."

"I know! Did you hear their latest song!?"

"Yes! It's so good, I nearly cried when I heard Ding Dong Bell's part after July's!"

"Ah, the one towards the ending right? Same! He improved so much from LOSE!"

 


 

4 hours into their flight, and they've gotten absolutely close. They found out they had similar interests and Jinhwan found out that Junhwe's really sassy and is a narcissist (not really, it wasn't bad.). Junhwe found out that Jinhwan's recently signed up for their singing club and dancing club and coincidentally, Junhwe's in both. Jinhwan found out that Junhwe's pretty weak (the kettle calling the pot black - sigh) despite spending his Sarurday mornings dancing in the club room. ("I dance but I don't work out at the gym so I don't actually build muscles, Jinny." Junhwe exasperately explained to Jinhwan after he couldn't stop laughing at Junhwe for having the body of a raw squid. Pale, weak and soft.)

Jinhwan surprisingly gave 2 of his cakes to Junhwe despite loving it so much that he would never ever share with anyone. ("I guess you could call this love. I can see your symptoms slowly emerging : sacrificing food for your loved ones." Junhwe said with a chuckle.) 

Maybe it really is love.

 


 

5 hours into their flight, they've exchanged numbers, and followed each other on social medias.

5 hours into their flight, Jinhwan found himself cuddling Junhwe whilst telling him stories about himself. 

5 hours into thier flight, Junhwe found himself feeding Jinhwan his cake whilst Jinhwan cuddled with him. (or rather burying his face in the crook of Junhwe's neck. It was slightly uncomfortable as he had to reach Junhwe's neck and Junhwe's so much taller.)

 


 

"Jinny," Junhwe called out.

Jinhwan turned around, only tosee Junhwe erupting into a fit of laughter.

"You're such a child, it fits you."

"Hey! Just because I'm short?!"

"Yes and no, you're short, you have a baby face and you eat like a child."

"Huh?"

"Do or die, ride or die, swim or drown, eat or - huh. Okay, doesn't matter Koo Junhwe. Do or die."

Junhwe leaned in closer and closer. A swift at the corne rof Jinhwan's lips. He backed away with a smirk.

Jinhwan's face turned beet red and his mouth fell open - gaping at Junhwe. "Y-you..you..?"

"I like you. Heck, I might even be in love with you. If you don't feel anything for me now, it's okay I understand. But I'm not giving up. I'm going to court you everday back in the university. You will be mine and I don't take no for an answer, especially you."

And such perfect timing the captain of the cabin announced that they'll be landing shortly and proceeded to switch off all the lights in the cabin.

 


 

After they safely landed, they both waited for everyone to leave before they took their luggage. Seeing about 3-4 people still at the back of the cabin, they both slowly got up from their seats and Junhwe was a having a fit of laughter from watching Jinhwan struggling to grab his luggage as Junhwe's oushed his to the back of the storage cabin.

Junhwe crept up behind Jinhwan still chuckling and his chest met Jinhwan's small back. Jinhwan was so embarrassed, he hung his head low trying to hide his evident blush.

"Here."

"Thanks Junhwe-ah."

And they both walked together in comfortable silence and collected their larger luggage.

 


 

"June-ah, d-do you perhaps..want to stay the night?"

"Hmm, suggestive aren't you?", Junhwe said with a small smirk that he tried so hard to suppress.

"NO! N-not..in that way you freakho."

"Back to calling me freakho eh? I can deal with that, even if you call it out in b-"

Jinhwan immediately covered his mouth, knowing what Junhwe wa sgoing to say.

"Well sure."

"Really? Great! My friends are picking me up so you can follow us."

"Don't tell me you thought I'll take a cab or walk to your house and be my personal GPS."

"Yeah."

"Whatever darling, whatever floats your boat."

 


 

I am going to regret publishing and writing this like what I always do on my old account. I'm embarrassed by my own works and I don't believe it's good but as long as any ANGEL reads and enjoys this story then I love you.

It was supposed to be WAY longer than this but I left this hanging for weeks and I forgot how it was supposed to go so it ended pretty abruptly hm?

Not proofread as I have said I'm too embarrassed to read my own works.