Chapter 2

La Douleur Exquise

- II -

Galleries

 

He didn't see Junghwa after that. Every chance he had, Yoongi had found himself back at the same art gallery, roaming through the rooms several times over for at least a glimpse of her. He even began to wander around the area more often until he knew it like his own neighbourhood. Within two months, Yoongi had visited more galleries and exhibitions than he ever had in his lifetime—all to no avail. At the very least though, he had written and composed several songs for their next album. All of which had her in mind, either complimenting her existence or pitying the fleeting moment. It was all hopeless yet Yoongi couldn't shake the thought of her out his head.

Suddenly there was a knock and Yoongi was abruptly thrown back into consciousness. He rubbed his weary eyes as he peeled them off the laptop screen.

"Aren't you going to sleep?" Jimin grumbled sheepishly as he drew his hand back under the duvets. He groaned something before turning to lie on his back. 

Yoongi lifted his brows before closing the laptop, the room immediately turning pitch black. He placed it on the bedside table between them, mumbling an apology before sinking under the sheets. 

Visiting art exhibitions had become a habit and from time to time Yoongi would visit one even during the free time on tour. Though one might think he had grown a fondness for the visual arts, in truth he didn't like it more or less and thought more of Junghwa than the ladies in the paintings. Yoongi scowled at himself for being so obsessed and again for not getting her number or some way to contact her.

'I should let it go. It's been two ing months for crying out loud.'

After a few minutes he persuaded himself that when he woke up the next day he would give up and forget.

 

“Yoongi,” a voice called persistently as its owner lightly nudged his shoulder.

Yoongi groaned and shuffled around, pulling the sheets back up to his chin.

Jin scowled and dramatically threw the sheets off of Yoongi’s curled up body. “Wake up!” he barked, “It’s your turn to shower.”

Yoongi reluctantly sat up and broke open an eye. He peered at the eldest with a wary expression. “Do we have a schedule today?” he grumbled with a drooped head.

“We have to go to our gallery exhibition,” he explained as he habitually folded the blanket and plopped it at the foot of the bed.

This was the second gallery exhibition Bangtan were to have. Since the first one during their ‘Run’ promotions went well, the company decided to arrange another.

Galley exhibition.’ Yoongi clicked his tongue. He had vowed to stop thinking of her just last night but he was immediately reminded of her upon waking. He groaned in dismay and attempted to pull the blankets back over him to which Jin scowled at and refolded.

“Hurry up!” Jin snarled one last time before Yoongi finally got out of bed and trudged out to take a shower.

 

The short conversation they had wouldn’t stop playing in Yoongi’s head as the water that melted over his pale body became cool to warm to hot. Steam rose like his thoughts until they filled all the space that surrounded him.

 

***

 

“Ah I just graduated from art school,” Junghwa said with a short glance to her newly found gallery companion. She then turned back to looking at a sculpture. “I specialise in theory but I also have an art practice,” she bit her bottom lip, “As I thought though, I’m more suited for theory,” she added after a thought. She chuckled to herself despite her own criticism, making light of her own weaknesses.

“You’re probably still better than me,” Yoongi stated playfully.

A smile smoothed over her features at his words though she didn’t look his way. “Thanks,” she said lightly like a whisper, “How about you?”

“What about me?”

They wandered into the next room. It was darker, lights gently looming around each canvas. Despite this, the atmosphere around them was light and easy.

“What do you do?” Junghwa asked as she turned to look at him, she tipped her head to the side as she waited for him to reply.

He felt a little startled both by the question and by finally having her full attention. “I work in the music industry,” Yoongi replied vaguely. He felt the need to leave out being an idol since it could hinder whatever may—but probably will not, but he still wished could— happen between them. “I’m a song writer and composer,” he added carefully.

Junghwa nodded in acknowledgement, “That’s nice,” she smiled before thoughtfully gesturing around them, “Do you visit galleries like this often?”

“Occasionally,” he replied as he pretended to examine a painting beside him, “When I need inspiration.” His eyes stayed on the painting a little longer before he allowed himself to turn back to Junghwa who was already pulled in by a different artwork across the room.

He walked over to her hoping to not make his intentions obvious by continuing to gaze at paintings along the way. He stopped near her, about an arms-length apart.

Junghwa’s eyes flickered his way. “Have you found any?” she chirped.

“Hm?” he hummed, already too lost in her eyes to pick up the conversation.

“Inspiration?” she reminded him.

It was definite—“Yes,” Yoongi responded simply. Her features brightened as she smiled up at him, glad he had found what he had come for though oblivious it was her.

 

***

 

“You’re late,” their manager, Hobeom grumbled once the seven boys entered the site.

They all stopped in a staggered line in front of him.

“Suga took forever in the shower,” Jungkook blamed while the other boys held in their expressions of agreement.

Yoongi rolled his eyes and instead of them landing back to focus on the manager, wandered the walls decked in photos of himself and the other members.

Hobeom turned around to the sound of steps approaching. “Ah,” he exclaimed as a lady in a white blouse and light blue midi skirt came to stand next to him.

The lady bowed politely. When she rose, her eyes fixed on the one member who was still busy looking at the photographs. “I’m Kim Junghwa,” she introduced herself.

At the sound of her name Yoongi’s head snapped back to the front, shocked to find her eyes already on his. Junghwa’s eyes winkled as she smiled at the familiar startled expression of her gallery companion from two months ago.

“Hello Min Yoongi,” she laughed at his baffled expression and stammering.

 


Author's Note: what's the font look like to you? because it's different on my phone and laptop... 

also if there's tense and POV switches please tell me! I'm working on another story that is in present tense and first person so it twists my mind a little... (not a smart move I know...) So I'd actually really appreciate it if you point that or any other mistakes out! 

and sorry there's no cover yet... I'm waiting on a shop... hopefully they'll do it... I'm not really sure... I might work on a temporary one in the meantime...