Chapter 1

How Are You?

Chanyeol groaned from where his face was buried into his pillow. For the past half an hour he had been trying to get a wink of sleep but with the maknae making noise while he rummaged around the room for god know what, he can just say 'bye bye' to nice and quiet nap.

EXO had been in Hong Kong for two days and the past two day have been filled with practices and interviews for MAMA. It was already into their third day there and the management was finally giving them a full day to rest. The members were planning on sleeping the whole day in their hotel rooms and eventhough Chanyeol usually doesn't sleep most of the nights, he had want to get some sleep as soon as their last practice was over, which was about an hour ago. Too bad he was rooming with the maknae huh.

He finally sat up with a frown and squinted eyes, gaze following Sehun as he seemed to be stuffing clothes into his bag.

"What are you doing, Sehun? It's like 3.00 a.m." Chanyeol said in his deep voice, feeling frustrated that he was sure he wouldn't be sleeping anytime soon.

"Well?" Chanyeol raised his eyebrow at Sehun as he waited for the maknae to answer. Sehun was looking at him nervously while he seemed to be contemplating something. That was new. He never saw the maknae this nervous before.

Sehun finally let out a sigh before he sat on his bed in front of Chanyeol. "Look hyung, I need to ask for your help."

----------------

 

"Have you thought this through?" Chanyeol asked after Sehun had told him his plan for his little runaway as the maknae was currently making sure everything he needed was in his bag. "I mean, I can help cover up for you because I'm sure manager won't bother us today but if they see you outside, you're on your own dude."  Sehun just shrugged, not really caring while Chanyeol looked at him with a concerned look.

Chanyeol understood how the maknae felt. Heck, the members saw how sometimes Sehun would look into the distance while on stage or when they were just chilling in the dorm and they were sure it was all because of a boy by the name Huang Zitao. The members knew how much Oh Sehun missed Huang Zitao.

"Anyway, I'll be back before midnight and don't worry, I'll be careful." Sehun said as he zipped his bag. Chanyeol stood up and walked up to him to give a hug.

"Good luck dude. And don't forget to say hi to Tao for me." Chanyeol said after he pulled away and smiled at Sehun. Sehun smiled back and nodded, pulling the straps of the bag over his shoulders before he walked out of the room.

Just as he was closing the door, a voice startled him.

"Going somewhere?" 

Sehun spun around to see Suho leaning on the wall beside the door with an amused smile on his lips at Sehun surprised expression.

"Oh hyung! I-I,"  Sehun stuttered. Should he tell the truth? He was not sure how Suho would react if he told him about his plan.

Suho pushed himself off the wall and stood in front of Sehun while pushing a bag into his hands. Sehung looked at the bag in confusion before looking back up at the leader.

"Give this to Tao when you meet him, okay?" Suho said and laughed when Sehun's eyes widened in surprise.

"Hyung...How?"

"You know, I've been keeping up with him online too. I know he's in Hong Kong now." Suho smiled fondly as he continued, "That kid, always so hyper and worries me everytime. But, I'm so proud of him. He's been doing so well on his own. I was afraid that I won't be there to catch if he ever falls again but he's proving us all wrong." He shook his head with a chuckle and that made Sehun smiled as well. He couldn't agree more. Tao had been doing great with his solo and he also felt proud with his boyfriend.

"I'm so proud of him and I hope you would take care of my baby panda for me." Sehun made up a hurt expression at that and clutched on his chest twith his free hand to add effect.

"I thought I was your baby." Sehun said with a pout that had Suho ruffling his hair as they laughed.

When the laugh died down, Sehun gazed at Suho with a determined look. "Don't worry hyung, I'll make him the happiest guy on Earth."

"I think you already have, Sehun." Suho pulled him into a hug which Sehun returned before stepping back with a soft smile. "Now go and remember to tell Tao that I miss him so much!"

 -----------------------

 

This was it. Sehun was coming.

Just knowing that made him felt butterflies fluttering in his stomach and his heart was beating so fast.  How long had it been? Months for sure and he couldn't wait to see his boyfriend. 

He just hope no fans would find out about this. He especially didn't want SM to know as that would only made it hard for them to contact each other. Not like it wasn't hard on both of them already. It was amazing how Sehun got to skype and exchange messages with him without the management finding out until now. He hoped to keep it that way.

A lot of fans thought that Tao departure was with a bad note. While that might be true with the company, it wasn't with the members. Before Tao officially left SM while he had been resting with his family, the members already knew about his departure. They even got the news before SM. They were not against it of course. If there was anyone who knew Tao better than his family, it's EXO, his brothers. 

EXO knew how he suffered a lot with pains the past years he was in the company. Both emotionally and physically. A lot of people especially his antis didn't know how much Tao suffered with the pain on his leg. He had been doing a lot of works and flips that finally caused a fatal injury on his leg. His fans have known about this but those others that didn't bother about him would only keep on accusing him and hate him without actually making an effort to know the truth. Yes, he had been resting with his family for a few months, but that didn't mean it was easy for him to recover. The doctor had said there was nothing that could be done to help recover his leg, that was it for him. That was when Papa Huang finally stepped in and took action which led to his departure.

Only EXO knew that Tao was never planning on leaving, he had been promising to his fans everytime he can. Only god know how much he had been trying to hold onto those promises. But fate just didn't seem to be on his side. Only EXO knew that he had to eventually leave because he didn't want his parents to worry about him anymore. Only they knew that Tao had called them every night ver since his dad had sued the company, crying and apologizing repeatedly because he didn't have any choice. The calling all stopped when SM found out though.

And only they know...Only the members know that Tao left EXO because of his injured leg, his leg that might have seem okay to others but had causes a lot of pain to him from time to time. He could not do wushu anymore, he could not dance like how he would in EXO. His injury would only be a burden to others. Let's be real for a moment, if he could not dance and do wushu anymore then where do he fit in EXO? 

Tao was thankful that his brothers forgave him and supported him. So he couldn't meet them now but maybe one day, they will meet again.

For now, he was content to have Sehun by his side.

 

A/N : Okay I'm so soooo sorry for updating this now because I've been busy and then my computer was broken. I can only open aff on my phone which because I can only read ff and not write my story... Anyway, there might be more than one chap for this and so sorry if this hahaha There'll be more next and Taohun reunion so don't worry^^ Anyway, I have not double check this because I was in a rush to give an update so yeah, might check for mistakes later. Thank you for your support!

Also, I hope you taohun shippers would keep on supporting taohun ff here because there hadn't been a lot of taohun ff lately..