story

goodnight kiss

  It was another day that was beautiful and very very tiring. As soon as he was done with the whole cleaning and changing process that he is bound to do each time he got back, he immediately hits his bed. Landing on his mattress was practically heaven after sleeping in random places for the past two days. Sleep didn't come as easily as he hoped, but Jungkook could already feel it creeping up on him. He yawned tiredly, before prompting to take out his phone. He has been obsessed with the Piano game lately but really, who could blame him? The game was fun, challenging and practically everyone was playing it. Jungkook was just another guy who got swept up by the latest thing. Who were s to say that he was addicted to it?

  He barely paid attention to the bedroom door opening, eyes laser focused on to his phone screen. He was in no mood to bother with hyung calling out his name. His fingers tapping away to his phone. He could feel his bed dipped with the addition of a second person on it. Any other time, he would easily push the older off, but he was close to finally getting three stars on this one particularly song. He could feel it.

  If at any point, Jungkook had put down his phone to properly look at the Daegu boy, he would've noticed how the older was strangely quiet. He might've noticed how strangely nervous Taehyung seemed just to sit on his bed, as if he hadn't done many times before to bother Jungkook sleeping before. He could've seen how Taehyung had smiled fondly even though the older was clearly frustrated with him right then.

  "Yah," Taehyung finally said. "You should answer when your hyung calls you."

  Jungkook merely hummed in reply, missing the disappointed flicker in the older's eyes.

  Taehyung took in a deep breath, before he decided to just do it. He quietly placed his hands on the Jungkook's hips, leaning in close.

  "Hyung," Jungkook said, frustrated when he missed a note.

  Taehyung can't help but glare at the phone. He suddenly had a very strong urge to take it and chuck it away. Instead, he decided to focus on the task at hand. Which is first, to make the younger pay attention to him, he thought, fingers digging on to his sides. He could see Jungkook's eyes flickered towards him for a second before going back to his game. Taehyung huffed, leaning in to let their noses touch, their breath mingle and damn it Jeon Jungkook, how far do I have to go for a moment of your attention?!

  Finally done with being ignored over one stupid game, Taehyung pulled Jungkook by the neck and smashed their lips together. It was messy, it was quick. Jungkook was frozen, and Taehyung quickly pulled back before he realized what he just did.

   ! He was supposed to confess before kissing him! Stupid stupid Kim Taehyung.

  "Um right, good night," Taehyung said, before turning away from the younger. He could not be anymore happier to feel the sleepiness finally overtaking him.

  Jungkook was looking at him, lips slightly parted as his brain was still busy trying to comprehend what just happened. His phone flashing a simple question resume? was immediately locked and slid aside. But all he could think about was Taehyung just kissed him - and then went to sleep. What was he supposed to do now? Should he wake him up or something?

  Wait, did he like the kiss? Jungkook considered the possibility. It was too short to really say, but if truth be told he won't mind doing it again to check. It won't be the first time Jungkook had thought of kissing his hyung. How could he not? Taehyung's lips practically called to be kissed with the way the older kept puckering it to the fans, the way it glistened with lip gloss once the coordi noonas are done with him. It didn't help that Taehyung was basically clinging on to him at every chance given, even while they were performing sometimes Taehyung would grab Jungkook's hands and never let go. When the older finally did, Jungkook struggled to keep his feelings in check as he continued singing.

  Taehyung may not be the alien many claimed he was, but he still left Jungkook breathless at the smallest of touch, strangely happy with just a bright smile. Jungkook wondered what about Taehyung that made his heart beat irretically in certain moments. Was it the way Taehyung's eyes would be small slits while his laughter could practically be heard across the room? Was it the way the older would lean in to whisper silly things in his ear? Was it the way Taehyung would grab his hand, letting their fingers intertwined each time? Or was he just another person amongst the many fans of Kim Taehyung that swoon simply by the thought of how adorable his hyung was?

  Maybe it was all of the above, and more.

  "Hyung," he called quietly after minutes of silent staring. "Are you awake?"

  He could see the other breathing evenly, recognizing the quiet snores he had grown accustomed to after years of sharing a room together. Taehyung was already fast asleep, only to leave Jungkook awake for most of the remainder of the night.

***

this ! I'm sorry u_u

it was mostly inspired by a prompt of tumblr which I am too lazy to find now.

this was long overdue, so I'm sorry for the wait. do leave me your thoughts while I try to figure out a way to savage this story somehow.

another chapt maybe?