Final

Birthday Surprise

29.11.15

 

Yuri was busy jumping on her bed, ignoring the constant grumbles from the ever-so-adorable Yoona trying to continue her afternoon nap. She was so excited for her birthday party coming up in a few days now and she designed her invitation cards herself, of course she was proud of it.

Taeyeon’s cards already looked like a seven-year-old had designed them; and apparently her cards looked like a five-year-old’s work. Despite her members teasing her about how childish it looked, she could rely on her favourite person so make her feel better. 

Yoona bolted up from her sleeping position, glaring at her best friend angrily, “UNNIE! DO YOU MIND? I HAVE TO COOK DINNER LATER!”

“I don’t mind at all, Yoongie…” Yuri teased and jumped onto Yoona’s bed mischieviously, “Yoong, don’t you like my invitation cards?” Yoona just her side, making her back face Yuri, “I think I just might like them a little more if you stop disturbing me…”

Yuri pouted and got off the bed immediately, using her pillow to hit Yoona. It was horrible when she had prankster as her best friend since she would lose to Yoona anyway. Yoona just giggled at Yuri’s behavior before using her pillow to hit back, the two kids now busy trying to win the pillow fight.

“Unnie, aren’t you a kid? You’re older than me but you’re acting like a six-year-old.” Yoona teased, sticking her tongue out at Yuri.

“Pft, whatever.”

The fight ended there with Yuri leaving their room, still holding onto her phone with a stack of invitation cards. She spotted Sunny and Tiffany in the living room, both watching Running Man. Yuri grinned; Tiffany always treated her like a child anyway, giving in to whatever she wanted.

“Fannnnnyyyyyy…” Yuri whined and threw her body onto the sofa, plopping her head onto Tiffany’s lap. “Kwon Yul, what is it you want this time?” Sunny groaned, turning her face from the TV to face the whiny brat. Tiffany sighed and  threw a cushion at Sunny's face, “Sunkyu! Hush, don't be so mean...” Sunny pouted and hugged the pillow to her chest, “What is it, Yuwree?” Tiffany asked with a smile, ruffling Yuri’s raven locks.

Yuri turned to face Tiffany’s stomach, burying her face into Tiffany’s thighs. Only Tiffany would bother to entertain her and make sure none of the girls would go overboard with their teasing. She didn't know why but Tiffany seems to be saving her from everyone most of the time too. Hmm… Maybe this time Tiffany will also be the one to comfort her. 

Suddenly, Tiffany thought she knew what in the world was bothering her hero.“Oh my, is this about your birthday cards again?” Tiffany asked, looking down at the five-year-old on her lap. Yuri lifted her head at Tiffany’s question, nodding with a huge pout on her face.

Sunny just laughed, she knew why Yuri was behaving this way. The tanned girl didn’t like to be teased over her artwork, especially when she had put effort into it. Other than that, Yuri didn’t mind the members teasing her and calling her names. It was usually Sooyoung and Yoona who had the time of their lives teasing Yuri but this time it was all against one.

Tiffany cleared nervously, “A-Ahem… I think your card’s cute and all.. Perfect for our Sones, hehe…”

“Ugh, I know it’s childish. It’s okay.” Yuri got off Tiffany’s lap instantly and took her phone, heading out of the house instead of going back to her room.

Sunny and Tiffany looked at each other, giggling to themselves at their comical back pearl. She really did bring everyone joy and fun most of the time. Now that her birthday was coming up, the girls were busy with their own idea of fun as well.

 

Taeyeon was on the way back from the airport after visiting her family back in Jeonju, her body aching all over from the many hours of sitting. She felt a little lonely at being there without her members but their constant texts of comfort were enough for her to make her feel as if they were right there with her.

“Taeyeon-ah isn’t that Yuri?” Manager Oppa stopped the car, pointing at the figure wearing a blue hoodie and aviator sunglasses.

Taeyeon squinted her eyes a little before chuckling to herself, she had an idea of why Yuri was walking whilst was moving constantly. She was obviously grumbling to herself since there were frown lines all over her face. “Yah! Kwon Yuri!” Taeyeon got off the car and approached her member, “Tae? What are you doing here?” Yuri asked, taking off her earphones with wide eyes.

“I just came back from Umma's house. How can you forget?” Taeyeon smacked Yuri’s forehead and placed her hands on her hips, “Hehe.. Sorry, Taeng… I forgot.” Yuri rubbed her head bashfully, embarrassed at forgetting Taeyeon's return.

“Doesn’t matter so tell Taengoo why you’re walking away from home with that silly frown.”

Yuri’s story was done in less than five minutes and the two best friends now stood in the middle of the road, one laughing and one still pouting for dear life. Taeyeon felt bad for teasing Yuri when her birthday was coming up but they do deserve a bit of fun in exchange for their very own surprise.

“HPPPMMHHH!”

The black pearl stepped on Taeyeon’s feet and quickly ran away, not even caring where she was going so long as she could get away from her member’s teasing.

“Don’t come home too late, Yuri-ah!”

That silly dork. 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

05.12.15

The birthday party was finally over. Yuri was touched at the amount of fans that came to greet her but frowned at the thought of her girls having schedules on her special day. She did expect December to be a busy month but why of all days did it have to be the 5th?

 

“KWON YURI! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”

“Yuri-unnie! Hope you’ve had fun today!”

“Thank you for always thinking of us. I love you, Noona. Happy birthday!”

Even the well wishes from her Yurisistables weren’t enough to get rid of the sour feeling in her heart.

 

To: Yuri-Noona

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOOONNNNNNAAAA! teehee.gif 

We should sing Summer Nights soon, hehe. Hope you’ve had a good day and I miss you, we should hang out soon! 

From: MinHOE

 

To: Goddess Yuri

Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to Yuri! Happy birthday to you~ Unnie, you still owe me a lunch date ermm.gif Let’s go out soon!

From: Hayoung

 

To: Yuri (dinosaur audition)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KWON YURI!! We shall always treasure your dinosaur audition & keep it close to our hearts. God bless, may all your wishes & dreams come true

From: Super Junior

 

To: Yul-noona

Happy birthday, noona! kiss.gif I have been watching all your fancams and you’re doing brilliantly. Keep it up, okay? Let’s go out soon.

Luhan. [In case you lost my number, keke.]

From: LULU

 

To: Yuri

Guess who’s everyone’s favourite girl?

Yes, got it right; It's KWON YURIIIII animier.gif

Happy birthday to my favourite kkab, let’s go clubbing soon!

From: Donghae

 

To: Kwon Seobang

Happy birthday to you, Unnie!!!! 

You’re still my Unnie’s Seobang so don’t worry too much cool.png

Come over & help me soon. 

From: Soojungie

 

To: SNSD Yuri

Happy birthday, sunbae! We hope to have more collaborations in the future & be close friends soon band.gif

From: EXO-dongsaengs

 

Though her phone was buzzing with messages from her colleagues and friends, her heart felt low-spirited. Nothing else from her members but a one-liner, nothing from her fave either. This was horrib-- worse than horrible. Her mood lightened up a little when she felt her phone vibrate, only to be returned with an even bigger frown.

 

To: Yuri

Happy birthday to my favourite swimmer thumbup.gif We should go swimming together more often with everyone else. I hope you’ve had a good day!

From: Sunghoon-Oppa

 

 

“Yul, what’s wrong?” Manager Oppa turned to face Yuri, looking at her worriedly. “Nothing, Oppa. Let’s go.” Yuri forced a smile before leaning her head against the window, staring out into the night sky.

Manager Oppa just shook his head, the surprise that was coming up for Yuri better be the best one ever. It was her birthday but the other girls were making her so sad; it made him feel a little guilty for being a part of this too but it was result that was worth waiting for.   

 

Yuri's Surprise fun.gif
she's alr so sad
don't torture Yul so much
Tiff: it wasnt my idea!!!!!! 
Hyo: ^
Tae: ^
Yoon: ^
Soo: ^
Sun: ^
Seo: it wasn't any of us, oppa.
whatever
she looks like she's gonna cry soon
Jes: oh gosh seo
      always killing the mood, baby 

 

At least Yuri was smiling now; that counted for something. Manager Oppa just accelerated, hoping that everything would be arranged by the time they reached home. Yuri kissed her phone, a tender smile now appearing on her face. 

 

To: Seobang 

Happy birthday baby! heart.gif

It's your very special day today & I'm sorry for not being with you but I'll make it up to you, okay? You know I will, Seobang. Enjoy your night with the girls! At least it'll take your mind off me for a while kiss.gif

I love you so much. wub.png

 From: Sicababy 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Taeyeon and Hyoyeon were walking around the living room anxiously, where was the person of the hour? They had gone to such pains to plan this wonderful surprise, where was the mastermind of it all? “Is the cake ready?” Yoona ran out of the kitchen, wiping her hands on her apron. She had cooked supper instead of dinner since it was Yuri's birthday anyway, plus it was her best friend's special day today so it didn't matter how much effort was required. 

Sooyoung smacked her forehead, “Oh my God, even the cake is with her!”

Everyone groaned after hearing Sooyoung's words; so much for their ice princess coming home early to prepare for the surprise as well. Tiffany and Sunny were going nuts, they knew how fast Manager Oppa drove some times and Yuri might reach home any time now.

“There's no time! Just finish decorating the place!” Sunny commanded. 

Hyoyeon quickly ran to the stereo, turning the music up; trust their dancing queen to be so hyped despite the anxiety in everyone. Seohyun just shook her head at her favourite unnie's actions, stepping onto the stool to hang balloons. 

“I'm so gonna smack that princess…” Sunny mumbled under her breath as she supported Seohyun coming down from the stool.

Yoona giggled at the comment, carrying a tray of nine glasses along with a bottle of wine. She had tried baking brownies for the first time and since Yuri gave it a thumbs-up, why not bake some more for her birthday?

Sooyoung's mouth hung open at the sight of Yoona's brownies, slowly moving closer to the table. She had no time for dinner (neither did the girls) and her stomach was beyond empty, it was like an endless void now. Yoona eyed the biggest shikshin with narrowed eyes, moving the tray away from the table, “DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH MY BROWNIES!” Yoona screamed, making Sooyoung scramble away from the scary doe-eyed girl. 

Taeyeon took a good look at their house, a sweet smile stretching across her face. It was birthday events that really brought them together; both physically and emotionally. Eight hearts would come together to embrace the ninth heart. 

“OH GOD OH GOD! THEY'RE ON THE WAY UP!” Tiffany screamed, stomping her feet around the living room. 

The girls were in a full-blown disastrous state; bumping into each other as they ran to their respective hiding places. Giggles and laughter were muffled as they heard their favourite black pearl mumble incoherent words to herself outside the door. After all, everyone's birthdays were celebrated together, why was hers the exception? 

“Those people... Pft, celebrating my birthday alone. Whatever…”

Kwon Yuri grumbled and grumbled, not even turning the lights on when her mood was so dampened. The darkness fit her mood perfectly so why turning the light on when she wasn't feeling in the least bit happy? She squinted her eyes when she saw a bottle of wine on the table, was that supposed to be her birthday present? 

Taeyeon looked around, raising her hand. Hyoyeon placed her finger on the stereo, ready to blast the music. Sunny was ready with party poppers in her hand. Yoona and Tiffany were behind the sofa, trying to light the candles on the cupcakes since the person with the cake WASN'T HERE YET. Sooyoung was just ready to eat, no questions asked. 

Yuri just sulked a bit before deciding to turn the light on; she couldn't see anything else. A gasp left when she saw the decorations hanging around the house, tears starting to form in her eyes. Her members hadn't forgot after all. 

 

banana.gif생일축하해 권유리!!!banana.gif

 

The writing must have been done by Yoona and Seohyun; those two had the prettiest writing among them all. The banner was so colourful and beautiful; definitely by Taeyeon who has a for colouring and drawing. Yuri chuckled when she felt tears rolling down her cheeks, “Ah.... Why am I crying? They're not even here to wipe my tears…”

“Who said so?”

Whipping her head around, Yuri let go of the tears she had been holding in since the fan meeting. Seohyun and Sunny were behind the bathroom door all along. Yoona was standing in front of her with mini cupcakes, candles lit by Tiffany. Hyoyeon was already standing on the sofa, dancing to her heart's content as she threw paper stars in the air and towards the birthday girl.

 

we can't stop stop stop

yeogin party time

idaero gyesok party time~ 

 

“WHY ARE YOU GUYS DOING THIS TO MEEEE?” Yuri whined, rubbing her eyes in embarrassment. Taeyeon walked towards her and wiped her tears away, hugging her tall giant from the side. 

 

We gon rock rock rock

jjarithage nan

P-A-R-T-Y P-A-R-T-Y

 

Hyoyeon laughed at her buddy's reaction and threw a cushion at her, hitting her straight into the face, Quit the pouting and dance with me! Yuri grinned and jumped onto the sofa as well, the two dancing queens starting a battle of Party's choreography. 

 

remon soju nan tekilla neon mohito

gaja jeju kaelliponia romaggaji

hayan jinju pumeun bada meotjin pado

 

Yoona just stood in front of no one, still holding the tray with the birthday cupcakes. “YAH KWON!! AT LEAST BLOW THE CANDLES FIRST!!” Yuri chuckled and jumped off the couch, blowing the candles before giving Yoona a kiss on the cheek. 

Sooyoung shook her head, “This is why you should have just let me have those instead of using them for that dork's birthday.” Tiffany laughed aloud at Sooyoung's complaint before heading to the door, opening her iTunes on her phone; the real party has yet to get started.

The door flew open, revealing a hooded figure who came dancing in with a cake box in hand; beneath the hood exposed precious blonde locks.

 

Now the party don't start 'til I walk in!

 

“Now, the party don't start 'til I walk in!”

Everyone cheered, quickly rushing towards to the princess of the hour. 

Yuri and Hyoyeon just looked at each other before they continued dancing to Tik Tok, shaking their butts and doing body waves. Hyoyeon didn't know if Yuri had forgotten about the absence of a cake and that there was only one person who wasn't with them but obviously, she was too into the music to care about anything else. Her girls hadn't forgotten her birthday and neither did her love so it was enough.

 

“KWONNNN YURRIIII!!”

 

Oh. My. God. 

 

That dolphin scream was not to be mistaken with anyone's scream; a sound that high-pitched only belonged to one and one person only; it was her most favourite person in the world. 

“S-Sica?” Yuri mumbled to herself before shaking her head, no way. Her Sica was busy somewhere else, she wasn't even in Korea; much less their house right now.

The birthday girl shut her eyes and continued dancing, wriggling her towards whoever was facing them. Might as well dance with Hyoyeon since her fav wasn't there. Yoona and Seohyun held in their laughter, the hooded figure was already radiating heat from her clothes. The figure inhaled deeply and started ping her jacket, ready to pounce onto the birthday girl with her nails. She rushed to get the cake and come home only to get IGNORED?!

“S-Sica... Ca-Calm down...” Taeyeon gulped, holding Jessica by her shirt, “Yeah… It's her birthday after all...” Sunny chimed in, both danshins now holding onto Jessica firmly. Jessica turned to Taeyeon and Sunny, sending them an I'm-not-taking-any--today look. 

Hyoyeon watched as Jessica took baby steps towards the sofa, breathing heavily, “Y-Yul... I swear it's gonna be your death anniversary instead of your birthday if you don't stop dancing...” Yuri opened her eyes and abruptly stopped moving totally, none of the members were scared of anyone but.... her. 

Oh Lord.

Am I gonna die soon? " Yuri whispered, Hyoyeon just nodded her head frantically. Is it my favourite? Another nod. Blonde hair? Beautiful face?”  Another nod. About 163cm....?” The last and final nod before Yuri felt her pants being pulled. 

Yuri felt herself being pulled down from the sofa, coming face to face with her favourite. Yuri giggled nervously, rubbing her neck as sweat droplets started to form on her forehead, “Heol.... H-Hey, B...Baby!” Jessica's eyes narrowed at Yuri's greeting, pulling the girl even closer by the collar. 

“Do not baby me, Kwon. Everyone greeted me but you and why is that?” 

“Oh my God, I can't watch this. My best friend's gonna die on her birthday and it's gonna become her death anniversary too...” Yoona covered her eyes, mumbling to herself. “We're gonna have to buy both a cake and white flowers very soon...” Hyoyeon continued, the two chodings hiding themselves behind Taeyeon and Sunny. 

Yuri pouted, “Y-You said you weren't in Korea for my birthday... I couldn't believe it…” Jessica's grip softened after hearing how disappointed Yuri sounded but the happy gleam in her eyes exposed her true feelings. “I'm here now, it's all good...” Jessica lifted her hands to cup Yuri's face, caressing her lover's chubby cheeks. Yuri nodded, a tearful smile stretching across her face at Jessica's effort.

Tiffany and Seohyun watched the two lovers with beautiful smiles of their own, wishing they had someone who could love them as much. Jessica and Yuri were practically a couple everyone admired; they proved that love could conquer everything in their way. Even with the horrible event that had taken place last year, every single thing was trashed out and everything was good to go. No one could love Jessica like Yuri did and no one would ever be able to love Yuri like Jessica did. 

 

Jessica chuckled and pecked Yuri's lips, wiping tears off her Seobang's face, “Happy birthday, baby. I... I got you something...” Yuri looked behind Jessica curiously, mimicking the actions of a real kid, “You didn't have to get me anythi--- WAAAHHHHH! Best present ever!” Yuri screamed, grabbing the huge toy from Jessica. 

“You didn't have to get me anything, Honey!” Sooyoung mocked, imitating Yuri's voice. “I love you so much, mwah mwah mwah…” Hyoyeon pulled Sooyoung's face as the two made gross kissy sounds, causing laughter to rise around them. A cold voice echoed, “You two are gonna get it from me tomorrow, just wait and see...” The two culprits froze in their actions and quickly stopped, hiding in the kitchen. 

Yuri wrapped her arms around Jessica's waist, “It might be my birthday but I have something for you too...” A tender smile soon appeared on Jessica's face, “What can you possibly have for me, Seobang?” Yuri stole a kiss from her lover before reaching into her pocket, taking out a small velvet box. Jessica gasped when Yuri went down on one knee, “Will you marry me?”

Screams and cheers were released immediately, all watching as they circled the couple. Jessica released a barrel of tears, covering her face as she continued to cry into her palms. “I thought it was Yuri-unnie who would get surprised but it's all of us who got surprised instead...” Seohyun mumbled, her joyful tears forming at the sudden proposal. Hyoyeon smiled at Seohyun's comment, rubbing the maknae's back to comfort her. 

“Of course I will marry you, baby...” Jessica whispered, pulling Yuri up from her knees. Yuri beamed and slid the ring onto Jessica's ring finger, big smiles on both faces. “Oh just kiss already!” Yuri felt someone push the back of her head hard, pressing her lips against Jessica's. Jessica couldn't help but to deepen the kiss, holding onto Yuri's cheeks firmly.

 

Whilst everyone was still watching the couple with tender loving smiles, there was someone else who had her attention focused on something completely different.

 

“Is anyone gonna light the candles because I'm just gonna eat the cake?”

 

 

 


Happy Birthday to my YulBaby! Turning 27 (26 internationally) years old and still behaving like a little girl; that's the way she'll always be. Kwon Yuri is indeed a pearl and sones will treasure her the best way we can because we know how precious she is. 

     

Our lovable kkab; mickey-mouse lover; prankster & queen of being y, stay the way you are because you're beautiful that way.