That One Question

That One Question - Jungkook

The soft glow of the fireplace lit up your master bedroom as you laid next to your long time boyfriend, cuddling under the pure white sheets while beautiful snowflakes gracefully descended towards the white blanket of snow below. Soft brushes of his fingers across your skin captured your attention as a soft conversation between the two of you grew deeper. Expressing your fears and your greatest dreams to one another, his fingers glided over your skin, drawing little hearts over your skin while your thumb brushed against his side. Your head rising and falling with every single one of his breaths as the pace of his heartbeat subtly changed from one minute to the next.

“May I ask you something?” Jungkook whispered, his breath tangling in your hair as you smiled feeling his head shift slightly while his heart picked up its pace slightly.

“Of course” You whispered, your hand rubbing his side, comforting him as his hands slowly stopped and rested against your side and your arm as he held you.

“H-Have you…. have you thought about us getting…. married?” His nervousness was apparent with his slightly shaking hands and his erratic heartbeat pounding loudly in his chest.

You thought for a moment, wetting your lips with the brush of your tongue, you closed your eyes as your heart picked up a little as well, nodding your head slightly against his chest, your quiet voice answered “I have”

“With me?” A chuckle lined his words while blush began to warm his cheeks

“Of course silly” You lifted your head up off of his chest and gazed up into his eyes, “Who else would I marry?”

A bright smile remained on his lips the rest of the night, even into his sleep as the snow continued to fall and the flames of the fire radiating soft light and heat into the room.

Shortly after that night, new notes began to fill your home, his fingers tapping the ebony and ivory keys while a notepad rested next to him. Every once and a while, the pencil would scratch against the paper, plotting down the new found notes and chords that he was piecing together. Days turned into weeks which turned into months. the new song became a familiar tune around your house.

A few times, you would stand outside the door of his office and listen to the notes that he played, starting from the beginning to see what other notes flowed from his fingertips. The notes were soon accompanied by his harmonious voice, humming notes and some soft mumbling of words.

Another day of work consumed you as your fingers worked hard, typing and writing up documents, passing them to your boss while trying to help other people with their jobs and managing your employees as well.

“Ms. _____?” A man stood at your desk as you looked up from the paperwork you were looking over to see a man in a blue uniform.

“How may I help you?” You questioned gently, capping your pen and giving him your full attention.

“I have a delivery of flowers for you” He smiled brightly and extended his arms out, holding your favorite arrangement of flowers in his hands.

“Thank you” You smiled, taking the beautiful flowers from him, “Do I need to pay you?”

“It has already been paid for and I got a tip for the delivery as well” He informed you with a bright smile. “Enjoy the rest of you day!”

“Thank you, you too!” You smiled and took your seat as you reclined back a little, letting your eyes wonder over the beautiful bouquet.

Spotting something sticking out from between the flowers, your fingers carefully grasped the paper and pulled it out, reading the handwritten note on the back of a heart shaped card.

It’s not a momentary phase
You are my life, I don’t deserve you
But you love me just the same
And as the mirror says we’re older
I will not look the other way
You are my life, my love, my only
And that’s the one thing that won’t change

Feeling your heart leap at the beautifully written words, only one name came to your mind. Jungkook. Quickly snapping a picture, you attached the photo to his conversation with you, typing out a thank you at the bottom of the message before sending it.

Glancing at the flowers on your desk every now and again, you found the time ebbing away faster than before. Not wanting him to worry, you texted Jungkook that you would be a little late tonight due to a few things that you had to finish. Working diligently, you finished a little later than expected but you finished none the less.

Gathering your things, you slid your arms through your coat sleeves and slipped your phone into your pocket and headed outside. Picking up the flowers from your desk, you locked everything up in your office before skipping down the stairs and walking through the lobby. The chill air bitterly blew across your warm cheeks as you slowly made your way home. Enjoying the quiet night, the stars twinkled overhead like never before, brighter than any night you had ever seen.

Slowing your steps, your eyes lifted up to the perfectly clear night as a smile curled on your lips basking in the perfect moment, with a feeling of pure love surround you. Enjoying the night for a few more minutes, you walked the rest of the way to your home and headed up the stairs. Seeing the late hour, you figured that your boyfriend would already be in bed, your mind wondered to how cute he looked or what pajamas he wore that night to bed.

Punching in the code, the door opened with a happy chime, pushing the door open quietly, you closed the door slowly as a subtle light emitted from behind you. Turning around, your eyes widened seeing hundreds of candles strategically placed around the floor. Red, white and pink flower petals romantically spread out, rounding the candles and the white grand piano sitting proudly in the middle of the living room, the pedals were sprinkled over the top of the piano.

Slipping off your shoes, placing your purse down as well as your coat, your eyes continued to drink in the intimate setting. Following the path of pedals, you slowly walked towards the pedals as Jungkook sat behind the pure white piano, his fingers lightly playing a repeating tune while his eyes never wavered from you.

Once you passed this point, he had planned, he began to play new notes, new chords while he hummed softly. Words spilled from his lips conveying the feelings of his heart as the soft song played from his fingertips.

This is my love song to you
Let every woman know I’m yours
So you can fall asleep each night, babe
And know I’m dreaming of you more

You’re always hoping that we make it
You always want to keep my gaze
Well you’re the only one I see
And that’s the one thing that won’t change

Your eyes slowly drifted across the top of the piano as beautiful pictures of the two of you brought back so many memories between the two of you, from the first date to the first dance, first kiss, first house, first adventure. following like the pictures like a story, three dots were sitting at the end of the piano signaling that there were more memories to make.

I’ll never stop trying
I’ll never stop watching as you leave
I’ll never stop losing my breath
Every time I see you looking back at me
I’ll never stop holding your hand
I’ll never stop opening your door
I’ll never stop choosing you babe
I’ll never get used to you

And with this love song to you
It’s not a momentary phase
You are my life, I don’t deserve you
But you love me just the same
And as the mirror says we’re older
I will not look the other way
You are my life, my love, my only
And that’s the one thing that won’t change

Moving slowly, you eased yourself on the bench next to him while your eyes locked with his for a moment then watched his fingers glide over the keys with ease. Programmed to hit the right keys at the right time, pressing the highest note playfully, he giggled causing you to smile brightly and giggle a little before swaying to the sound of his song.


I’ll never stop trying
I’ll never stop watching as you leave
I’ll never stop losing my breath
Every time I see you looking back at me
I’ll never stop holding your hand
I’ll never stop opening your door
I’ll never stop choosing you babe
I’ll never get used to you

Still get my heart racing (you)
Still get my heart racing (for you)
Still get my heart racing (you)
Still get my heart racing (for you)

I’ll never stop trying
I’ll never stop watching as you leave
I’ll never stop losing my breath
Every time I see you looking back at me
I’ll never stop holding your hand
I’ll never stop opening your door
I’ll never stop choosing you babe
I’ll never get used to you

Still get my heart racing (you)
Still get my heart racing (for you)
Still get my heart racing (you)
Still get my heart racing (for you)

Still get my heart racing (you)
Still get my heart racing (for you)
Still get my heart racing (you)
Still get my heart racing (for you)

The once unfamiliar song, the one song that you heard through the door, he was now singing to you, his heart full of love, his emotions high, the love for you showing on his sleeve. His foot pressed one of the pedals beneath the piano, his fingers slightly lifted off of the keys as the sound resonated for a moment or two, slowly fading before he released his foot and got down to one knee.

“_____ _______, you are the light in my life, the sunshine in my soul, there is no one that I would want to be my side right now or forever.” He paused and his lips as his hand reached into his pockets and pulled out the ring box, opening it up slowly, he looked into your eyes, “______ _____ will you marry me? because I don’t want to spend another day without you by my side.”

“Yes” You nodded, your eyes tearing up as he slid the ring onto your finger, he leaned upwards as you pressed your lips on his and kissed his lips gently, moving to the bench, the two of you exchanged passion filled, slow kisses before the two of you slowly broke for air.

“Can you play that song for me again?” You whispered, your arms wrapping around his arm.

“Anything for you, my love”