001

A journey to become 20.

 

“Are you guys ready to go?” A boy with long hair asked but stopped when he saw how the room is still in a mess with boys going back and forth. Out of nowhere, another boy with shorter height and shorter hair appeared, “Where are you going hyung?”

 

“No, Lee Chan is not coming!” A sound came from the kitchen. The said Lee Chan grunts, “But why not, Jeonghan hyung?” The long-haired guy that goes by the name Yoon Jeonghan rubs the younger boy’s head, “Because we’re going to visit Yonsei University’s open day,”

 

“And you’re too young to go, so magnae should stay” A handsome western-ish looking boy appeared between Jeonghan and Chan. “Whyyyyyy, but why can Hansol go and not me?!” Chan was glaring at the latter guy who did silly faces while hiding behind Jeonghan.

 

“Just let the kid go,” “Awww I knew it, Seokmin hyung loves me the most,” Lee Chan hugs another guy who had already finished getting ready, adjusting his cap. “Now now kid, go and get ready or you’ll really be left behind,” With only that, Chan ran to get his belonging, stumbling on another guy who was busy looking for his missing socks.

 

After what it feels like an hour, finally all gathered in the living room, more precisely Seungcheol’s living room – ready to leave. “Reminds me again not to let you hang out in my house,” The eldest rubbed his temple, before signalling to the others to begin moving.

-  -  -  -  -  -  -

 

Yonsei University took 40 minutes by foot from Seungcheol’s house. When arriving at the main gate, the place was already flooded with people coming in and out. The guys decided to stick close, in which was pretty difficult when they are all consisted of curious boys, and in a total of 13 boys.

 

After like 3 hours and a constant nagging from the magnae that they should really take a rest, the group decided to stop by a food stall. They have visited a lot of booths that were prepared by the students of Yonsei University, including this one dance group that took Soonyoung’s attention.

 

“Hyung, hyung! I’m so going to join that dance club if I became a student here, did you see how they dance?” Soonyoung clings to Jeonghan, still babbling about the club that they have just visited. “Yes yes, this is your 10th time talking about it, kids let’s find a table to sit,”

 

12 pairs of eyes immediately starts their radar with only Jeonghan’s word. Jihoon noticed a girl with dark long hair, perhaps one of Yonsei’s student by her appearance and a lanyard hanging on her neck. He noticed the girl was sitting alone at a big table and he thinks they might join her.

 

 

He nudges the person besides him which turns out to be Seokmin and pointed towards the girl’s direction. He waited for a signal but none came. When he turned to the guy’s direction, he saw the said guy was rather stiff, mouth slightly opened still looking at the girl.

 

“Yah what are you doing?” Seokmin quickly regained his sense only after Jihoon’s second nudge. Jihoon can only shakes his head looking at the younger boy and turns to the oldest. “Well, since you’re the one who saw, you ask her” Before he can protest, Jihoon was pushed by Seungcheol from the group only to see some of the boys were doing a fighting signs and the rest are looking at him with begging eyes – especially the magnae line. Damn guys, Jihoon sighed.

 

He walked nervously and cautiously to the girl who now is playing with her phone. “Umm excuse me, my friends are looking for a place to sit so umm- can we join you?”

 

The girl turns her attention to her and now he knows why Seokmin reacted like that earlier. The girl in front may have look like a normal teenage girl that you can find anywhere, but the aura she emitted was what makes her different. “Hello –hey” Jihoon quickly get his sense back when the girl waved her hand.

 

“Yes you may, but I don’t think all of you can fit-“ The girl trailed off when noticed it’s not only 5 that Jihoon mentioned but rather 13 boys. She doesn’t think they’ll can fit at the table. Jihoon can only laughs seeing her reaction, well they get that a lot. “Don’t worry, we can all fit, thanks nuna” Jihoon grinned and motioned his friends to come.

 

The girl was confused at first and later laughed when she understands Jihoon’s word when the boys make themselves comfortable with two persons sitting on a seat together. For a few minutes, they all did their own business. Seungkwan, being the most sociable and the nearest tries to start a conversation out of manner. “So can I ask your name? To call you I mean,” “Jung Hana, you can just call me Hana nuna,” Hana laughed wholeheartedly, thinking the boy’s polite attempt looks cute.

 

Of course she knows those boys are much younger than her, just by looking at the innocent attitudes. “Hana nuna, what are you majoring?” “Well, I’m taking Literature now,” The conversation was cut short when Hana needs to take a call. She came back to gather her things, “I need to go now, I’m sorry we couldn’t exchange greetings but we’ll surely do the next time we met. Take care guys!” Hana smiled for the last time before starts walking away into the crowd.

 

“You’re always the loudest but why are you so quiet today?” Wonwoo asked to Seokmin who had been silent. The latter guy just laughed nervously, stealing glances to the direction where Hana has disappeared into.

 

I didn't know myself.

-  -  -  -  -  -  -

 

Hana is on her way back to her apartment that she rented not far from her university, with her favourite Hazelnut Latte on her hand when she heard a voice calling her name from back. She turned and saw a young boy waved and ran to her. The guy just smiles when he noticed her puzzled look. “Ah right, I’m Kim Mingyu. One of the boys that you shared table with during Yonsei’s Day,”

 

“Sorry I couldn’t recognize you, there just too many of you that day. Nice to be meeting you again,” Hana smiles and Mingyu felt that his world stops for a second. “What are you doing here? Are you going somewhere?” Hana asked, seeing how Mingyu had his backpack on him. “Yes, I’m going for our practice,”

 

“Practice?” There she goes again, she should stop doing that kind of faces, Mingyu thought seeing the girl in front of him looking puzzled for the second time today – not knowing how cute she looks like. “Well, we are in this performance club in our school – HEY WHY DON’T NUNA COME AND SEE OUR PRACTICE? The boys would be so happy about it,” Mingyu’s face suddenly looks proud with his own idea.

 

“I would love to, but are you sure the guys are okay?” Hana reasoned, still worried. Mingyu pulled her hand to the direction where he’s going while giving her a convince smile, “It will be okay, the boys have been talking about you anyway,”

 

“Are you sure that it’s okay for me to enter like this?” Hana asked worriedly when they entered SOPA’s main gate. “It’s okay nuna, there’s no one in the school besides us and the guards – but I’m here to protect you, the boys will too” Hana scoffed and pushes the taller boy when he suddenly stops to compliment himself.

 

Later they arrived at where Mingyu said is their dance room with him entering first. “Hey guys, you all should really be thankful to me,”

“Kid what do you mean?”

“Stop playing around,”

“Kim Mingyu did you eat something bad again,”

“Did you bring Tosun again?”

“Wait, wait listen to what I have to say first, and I definitely didn’t bring my Tosun – not when you’re around, Hansol” Mingyu then turns to his defensive mode when the boys began to surround him for being late and disturbing their practice. “Okay brothers, look at who I brought today, nuna come in!” Mingyu shouts and grins at the curious faces of his hyungs.

 

Hana peeked inside the room and nervously walks, feelings slightly uncomfortable and embarrassed to have all eyes on her. “Now now everyone, you don’t want to frighten nuna right? So stop looking at her like that,” The room went silent for a minute before it suddenly became noisy with voices welcoming Hana.  Except for one person.

 


Words count : 1448.