Light and Dark

The Bond Between Us

"Are you okay,JiEun?You're sweating" One of my seat mate asked.I looked down at my hands trembling obviously.I cracked a smile.

 

 

 

"Yeah" I replied shortly.I quietly tucked my hands inside my side pockets.My heart pounded non stop.

 

 

The principal's speech seems to last forever.I couldn't comprehend at all, the lights were staring at the students ferociously.I help myself from standing up and walk at the crowd.Some were whispering "Come on walk quickly" others are"He talks nonsense" and "Boring".

 

 

 

 


The back part of the auditorium was quite dark.I made my way at the farthest part.The auditorium was nearly full.The new students were required to attend the freshmen welcoming program.At the last row I pulled the chair.The metal bars kissed the floor and made rattling sound.

 

 

 

 

 

A head from the seat next to mine shot up briefly.From that I can tell he was curled in a ball in his seat.I arched my brows but didn't bother to care.I tucked out my hands from my pockets.It came back to normal and my heart rate started to slowed down.

 

 

 

Honestly,I'm afraid of lights.It started three years ago..

 

 

 

 

 


That accident put me into comatose for months and my dad into his forever silence.Since then whenever I'm in the lights I feel the same feeling that I felt when the last thing I saw was the headlights staring at me that time..

My thoughts was interrupted with small sniffs.I looked sideways.Suddenly all the hardship I've been through in the past months after I woke up from my comatose flashback..

 

 

The person beside me curled up,burning his face to his legs.His fingers clawed in his shoulders.My stomach hurts at the redness of his skin.Its like it will bleed any moment he release the pressure in his fingers.His whole was trembling ferociously.

My hands move in accord to its own and before I knew what I was doing.I held him to my arms tightly leaving no space between us..My mind panicked at the thought that we are in the auditorium full of people.I looked around.

 

 

Thanks God! No one seems to notice us.

 

 

 

 

 

Little by little I felt his hand hugging me back....

 

I felt his tears to my shoulder as it began to damp.

 

 

 

 


"I'm here.You'll be okay" I said whispering.

 

 


I didn't know how long we embrace each other before he calms down.When we part the lights began to flickered and light up the whole area.It seems the principal's speech was already finished before I knew.


 

"Thank you"He said facing me.But I didn't get a hold at his face,I was busy searching at my bag for something.

 

 

 

"Here,put them at your skin!" I pointed both at his shoulders that were bleeding.He looked blankly at me then to his side.His face didn't show any surprise,its like he is used to the cuts in his skin.

 

I gave him a box full of band aids.From his looks he was the kind of guy who wouldn't bother to cover them up.

 

 

 

"Are you afraid of dark?"

 

 

Instinctively he looked away.

 


"No"

 

His soft voice when he said thank you to me changed into a cold but tense voice.He immediately tugged his bag and stand.
 

 

 

"Thank you again!" He said 
 

 

"Wait---"

 


"Hey,Where have you been?"

 

Niel my classmate who declared himself as my friend just three minutes after talking to me earlier pop from no where

 

 

"Just wait here"I dash out the hallway.I wandered my eyes at the pool of people walking in and out of the auditorium.He was no where to found.

 

 

I brush my hand to my hair.

 

 

 

 

I slapped my mouth

 

 

"Thanks to your nonesense question"

 

 

Arrgh,

 

 

 

I feel so annoyed at myself.Why did I ask that question?!.Of course he will be sensitive at that topic.I myself avoid that topic before.

 

 

"Why do you keep on running out of sight?Is there any problem?You know we are friends you can talk to me" I rolled my eyes and walked my way to class.

 

 

 

 

 

All day,I hope to see him..I know its guilty that pulled my mind to think about him.I wanted to talk to him even for the last time.

 

BunnyxJin

After a long hiatus..my mind suddenly came to this story so i decided to write it down.Thank you in advance to those who will read this.hope you'll like it and support me..bye