Epilogue

Useless Squad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Midnight. The time where humans slept, and the skies wept. Somehow the downpour significantly suited the emotions of one girl, whose eyes gazed sadly into the sorrowful night. She sighed, ignoring the fact that she was drenched, terribly. Her brown hair was crying too, as a result. At times, she winced because of the unbearable pain from her left foot. Screw those shoes.

She paced quickly into the entrace of her apartment, after her steady, slow walk-full-of-emotions was interrupted by a huge crash of thunder. Arriving at her front door, she made no effort to open it like the way she used to--full of excitement. 

Did she enter her house silently like the way other youngsters do to avoid their parents waking up? There was no need to. Her mother was already standing at the front door, hands crossed. Coincidence? I think not.

 

"What happened to you young lady?" Alas, the most loathed question of the young adult community had been raised by the moms who favored the asking game most. The madame of the househole eyed the mademoiselle from top to bottom with-presumably-disappointment. It definitely was not a surprise.

Silence made its way between them. If only silence that lasted for a milisecond was actually counted as one.

Before she even managed to squeak, another curious query followed up.

"And what happened to your other shoe? Left it at Prince Charming's ball?" 

She, yet again, heaved a sigh.

"Ha ha. V

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter