call me nickname!

Crush, Curse & Clearance
❝call me nickname!
gyuji & homi oneshot
 
 

 

Sunggyu feels his body stiffened once the girl in his dream, whose vocal is strong enough to make a quite earthquake in his heart passes by. She’s all smiley and walks straight toward his certain member, then squeals in joy.

“Good job, Hoya oppa!”

Sunggyu hates Eunji’s comfortable way of calling Howon Hoya, plus oppa. Meanwhile he gets—

“You are awesome, Sunggyu sunbaenim.”

That freaking formal word. Sun-bae-nim. Exactly how many times they passed by each other that she’s still calling him sunbaenim? Their dorm is on the same apartment building for God’s sake! It’s not only once or twice they happened to be at the same elevator together, and they did a small talk.

But apparently those little coincidences are not enough reason for him to be called oppa. Sunggyu oppa. He’s not that old, isn’t he?

“Yah, hyung.” Hoya nudges, bring him back awake from his bitter thinking session.

“Thanks.” Sunggyu grunts. “Jung Eunji.”

For a mere second Sunggyu imagines some flash of hurt on her eyes, but seeing her wide smile, he can’t really trust his own eyes.

“You alone?” She already engaged in chitchatting with Hoya, as usual. “Bomi isn’t with you?”

Eunji laughs wholeheartedly. If Sunggyu was a psycho, he would definitely record that melodious tune and set it for alarm. Fortunately, he’s sane enough not to be a saesang and frighten the hell out of her.

“I’m alone. The girls come to different spot for filming. All of us have different schedules today. Yah, don’t be so disappointed, oppa.”

Can’t help.

“No, I’m not!” Hoya defends himself.

“The disappointment is clearly written in your face!”

Really?

“You’re lying.”

“I don’t. Asking your leader then. Right, sunbaenim?”

In no time two pairs of eyes already bore into his direction, and once again Sunggyu is dragged back into the real world. The world where only Lee Howon exists in Jung Eunji’s life.

“Hoya oppa is so transparent, right?” Eunji must see his confusion because she prompts to reiterate the question.

Everybody will be transparent for enjoying themselves when hear you laughing so beautifully.

“Eum? Yeah.”

“Told you!”

“Yah, hyung!”

“I’m sorry, but, what are you doing here, Jung Eunji?”

Suddenly the atmosphere turns into the cold, awkward one. Applause to Sunggyu for being the expert at making something like that. Hoya darts him a dirty look. Eunji looks uneasy as her smile slowly forming a frown.

“Yeah, I just happened to have the schedule in MBC too and thought I could pay a visit. Now I think I should get going.” She checks her phone. “I’ll leave now, bye oppa.”

When Eunji is in front of Sunggyu, before reaching the door, she forces a small smile. “I’ll go, Sunggyu sunbaenim.”

Sunggyu can only throw a curt nod. He even doesn’t say such as ‘take care’ like Hoya and acts ignorant when Hoya’s hard stare lands on him.

“Need to be a jerk, eh, hyung?” Hoya snickers.

Sunggyu pretends those words don’t matter to him.

___

Hoya catches her glimpse in the mid of A Pink members and other idols heading to the backstage. He gets to greet her just in time before A Pink reach their waiting room.

“Hey, Bomi-ya.”

Yoon Bomi who chats animatedly with Park Chorong and Kim Namjoo turns her head and quite surprised seeing him in the crowd.

“Oh, Howon oppa.” She nods, smiling. “Are you looking for Eunji? I think she has more rehearsal to go.”

“I, uh, emm, does she?”

Chorong and Namjoo burst into giggle as the leader gives him more with rolling her eyes. Bomi eyes them in questioning and Hoya grimaces, cursing mentally.

“Yes, I’m sorry oppa.”

“No, it’s okay.”

If the adding of Park Chorong and Kim Namjoo is not enough, they get another intruder. And Hoya really doesn’t appreciate it.

“Yoon Bomi!” Park Kyung comes out of nowhere and side hugging the adorable girl without warning. If only Bomi whines in pain, Hoya will gladly separate them straight away. But no, Yoon Bomi is all smiling and pats Kyung’s back in return.

“Mum visited yesterday, she brought many side dishes and told me to give some for you. Come to my van later?” Kyung explains while grinning widely.

“Love it!” Bomi responds, and after a quick hug the cutie rapper of Block B leaves the spot.

“You know his mother?”

Bomi is startled to find herself being interrogated suddenly by Hoya, doesn’t really pay attention that the guy is actually still there. Once again Chorong rolls her eyes. Namjoo coughs very unnaturally—“Very smooth, cough cough, oppa.”

And Bomi is still in her oblivious state.

“Ah yes, our mothers are best friend with each other.” She answers politely. “Do you know Kyungie’s mother too, Howon oppa?”

The hell I do?! Hoya makes a face, and it only gets worse with snicker that two other girls throw at him.

“No, I don’t know Kyungie’s mother.” Throwing a glare at both Chorong and Namjoo, Hoya replies through his gritted teeth. “I see this is your waiting room, I’ll take my leave then.”

Without further explanation Hoya quickly gone inside the crowd, leaving Bomi dumbfounded on her spot.

“What is he doing? Is he looking for Eunji now?” Her eyes rounded as voicing out her innocent question.

“Who knows?” Namjoo winks.

Chorong snorts, when will this girl stop being clueless all the time? The leader shoots Bomi a concern look before comes into their waiting room.

___

Kim Sunggyu is enjoying his time with a cup of cappuccino on the table and iphone in his hand. He’s too engrossed in his world and being oblivion to his surrounding until one melodious voice break his concentration.

There. Jung Eunji stands in glory near the cashier, back facing him. And when she finishes ordering, her eyes easily meet his.

“Sunbaenim?” She walks closer with Americano in hand, bowing slightly beside his table.

“Oh, you’re here?” Sunggyu gives her not too friendly acknowledgment, trying to set his face looks uninterested with her existence, when in fact excitement and curiosity already built up inside him.

Eunji awkwardly smiles, saying yes without a word. Just when she’s about to leave and find herself a vacant spot, Sunggyu calls her.

“You can sit here.” He offers as organizing his stuff on the table to give her more space.

Eventhough she seems rather skeptical, Eunji still occupies a chair in front of him. For a good minute both of them are in silence enjoying their drink. When Sunggyu can’t bear it anymore, he lets his mouth opened to speak up.

“Didn’t Hoya pick you up from your dorm?” He is sure Hoya said something like that when he asked the younger to go with him to the café last time. The reply which Sunggyu hates to hear.

Eunji puts her cup down, focusing her attention to him now. “Ah, yes. But I was already outside then remembered if it’s actually only Bomi in the dorm right now. So I set him up.” Her eyes are gone in crescent moon as widens in cute smile.

“You, set him up?” Sunggyu almost chokes on his cappuccino, eyes bulging out in disbelief. “For what?!”

“Of course for his sake! Hoya oppa likes Bomi obviously.” Eunji rolls her eyes, showing a bit her irritation.

Sunggyu eyes him more than a second, studying her expression for a good measure.

“And are you okay with that?” He carefully asks.

“With what? Hoya oppa and Bomi? Of course, why wouldn’t I?”

Sunggyu gulps unconsciously hearing her nonchalant answer. Does that mean…?

“I, I think you like him.” He quietly states what’s been on his mind disturbing every bits of his doing and making him restless lately.

Eunji makes a face. The she bursts into laughter. “No, I don’t like him romantically, sunbae-“

Oppa. Call me oppa. Why did you never call me oppa anyway?”

Suddenly a very rare view is served right in front of the weak leader of Infinite; Jung Eunji is blushing. A delicious shade of pink only makes her more beautiful in Sunggyu’s eyes. She looks so ing adorable!

“Ah that…” She trails off, sets her eyes anywhere but his. Her grip on the glass tightened. “I’ve once confessed to you in that show,” She bites her lower lip, looks hesitant. If she just lifts her head and sees his expression now, it’s the same nervousness as hers. Sunggyu even can hear his own heartbeat loudly yells dugeun dugeun like in some sick love songs he unfortunately memorizes well.

“And you’re kind of… making fun of it.”

Dugeun dug—stop.

“When did I make fun of you, it? I never did that.”

Now Eunji is bringing her eyes to meet his. She creases her forehead, eyeing him in scoffing look.

“Right. Telling the whole nation you would think about it then laughed it off as a joke behind my back.” Her tone is bitter.

“No, I—wait, when—aah.” Sunggyu’s brain commands his mouth not to mess thing up further. He takes a deep breath before beginning his explanation.

“First thing first, Jung Eunji. It’s a variety show program, I never know the truth behind everything you told on the camera. And I wasn’t making fun of it, that show was supposed to be funny.”

Sunggyu pauses his speech, and stares at the girl whom he has no idea first time he fell for her. She stares at him back, face unreadable. He’s just about to continue when she beats him to it.

“I know. I’m being silly. But that still feels hurt.”

Eunji shows him a smile which doesn’t quite reach her eyes. That is too sad to be seen. And without him knowing, Sunggyu already reaches her hands and makes her surprised in return.

“I’m sorry. I thought you were just being polite to me.” He says with the most sincere tone he can muster. “I like you, Jung Eunji. I do.”

It feels so magical, like in romance dramas where the lead casts finally realize how important they are for each other, with the crowd around them become a blurry background and the main OST is being played. Yes, he sounds so cliché because OH GOD! MY CRUSH ISN’T CURSE ANYMORE!

Eunji blushes again but now with a lovely smile plastered on her face. She’s glowing, and oh God, Sunggyu can’t help but falls for her more and more.

“I, uuh, like you too, sunba—“

Oppa. I’m not too old to be called Sunggyu oppa, right Jung Eun—“

Eunji-ya. Say it. Eunji-ya. Like when you and Haha oppa had your own fun behind my back.”

Sunggyu raises an eyebrow, Eunji challenges him back.

“Eunji-ya, be my girl?”

“Took you long enough to ask me out, but sure thing, Sunggyu oppa.”

___

Lee Howon is in utter surprised when the door opened and a cute face with messy hair tied in bun stares back at him in the same amount of surprise. Yoon Bomi quickly hides her face behind the door, squeaking like getting caught stealing something not hers.

“Ye, yes, Howon oppa?”

Hoya can’t hide his smile watching her being embarrassed. Her prominent red cheeks get her glowing in any way he can’t describe.

“Is Eunji here?”

“No, she’s not. The others all left me alone since I just took a nap last time. Sorry.” Bomi shoots him an apologetic look, still only shows him her half face behind the door.

Hoya narrows his eyes, trying to solve the mystery puzzle that suddenly pops out in his mind. He takes his phone out of the pocket, and reading Eunji’s latest text explains it all; you owe me a full package of lunch, okay oppa? Have fun with uri bbom today, fighting \^o^/

That sly girl! He mutters some curses under his breath.

“So…?” Her rounded eyes which hold curiosity is too much for Lee Howon’s weak heart, he thinks.

Hey, come to think of it! It’s a good thing, right? He does owe his best friend a lunch for a gold opportunity like this! A part of Hoya’s genius brain works rather slowly to read the situation, and a satisfying grin creeps upon his face.

“Can I come in?”

“Eh?” Bomi looks unsure. “But Eunji isn’t he—“

“I come to meet you, actually.” He presents her his most breathtaking smile, the kind of smile that can make inspirit go wild instantly while other Infinite members said it’s his playboy smile. But screw them, like they don’t possess any playboy traits anyway. “So, are you gonna let me?”

Yoon Bomi makes a weird face before hesitantly opens the door wider, enough for him to step in to A Pink dorm.

“I, uh... just took a nap on the couch. It’s, eung, kinda messy.” Her words trails off, feeling so embarrassed with the sight of cream colored blanket sprawls on the couch and one of her pillow is on the floor. “You can, uuh,” She is in hurry to fold her blanket and bring it together with the pillows to her room frantically. “Sit here.” Her cheeks are burning, her eyes refuse to look at his while her hand motions to the couch awkwardly.

Hoya chuckles. “It’s okay, Bomi-ya. Really. I’m sorry to disturb your peace actually.” He isn’t really sorry about that, no, not really. He is actually glad to see this side of Yoon Bomi, with her adorable bare face and cute recklessness. He’s just about initiating a conversation when sniffing something burnt.

“Are you, cooking something?”

Bomi’s face is pale in horror, she dashes toward the kitchen and shrieks automatically. “Nooooooo, my ramyeooooon!”

Hoya who follows her quickly switches off the stove and lifts the pot bare-handed and places it to the sink.

“Oh my God. My ramyeon becomes jajangmyeon! Oh wait, are you okay, oppa? Your hands?” Bomi blabbers in panic as eyes watching his hands under the running water warily.

“It’s okay.” Hoya gives her one assuring smile. “How about I cook you something instead?”

“What? Oh, no, you don’t have to Howon oppa, really. I’m sorry I took you into so much trouble.”

“No, Bomi-ya, I’ll be glad to. It’s partly my fault anyway. You even haven’t eaten lunch yet.”

“It’s okay oppa, it’s not your fault. And I still have some kimchi from Kyungie’s mother, I can eat that.”

Lee Howon can’t help himself but to be jealous hearing the name Kyungie glided of her tongue so comfortably. He lets out a loud snort and gets Bomi looking at him, puzzled.

“What is it?” Hoya dryly laughs. “Are the two of you an item or what?”

Bomi creases her forehead, eyes becomes slit as if questioning his sanity. “Park Kyung and I? No. Why are you so concerned about him anyway?”

Really? Hoya wants to roll his eyes at this girl’s cluelessness. “Why do I have to care about Park Kyung?” He tries to maintain a steady tone though the care of her about Park freaking Kyung does irritate him.

“That’s what I wonder about too, oppa.”

Dang this girl!

“I don’t care about him, okay? He gets my concern only because you are associated with him.” Take a deep breath, Howon. You don’t want to ruin this. “I get jealous because I like you, Bomi-ya.”

It does look like a still frame for a moment where the adorable girl can only gape in utter shock. Slowly she can register it into her brain as her expression is back to normal again, before she opens to ask.

“What… what about you, and Eunji?”

It’s his turn to crease his forehead and narrow his eyes, questioning her sanity. “She’s my best friend. What about her?”

Bomi makes a face. She looks like judging him although Hoya doesn’t know what he did wrong.

“That’s exactly like my relationship with Kyungie. Even though she’s your best friend doesn’t mean no one can’t be jealous about that, okay?”

Lee Howon stares at Yoon Bomi in disbelief. He gets stunned. Wow, she isn’t as clueless as everyone thinks!

“So,” A wide grin he fails to suppress creeps out on his face. “You like me.”

Her blushed cheeks are a sight to see. He can see her blushing every day and won’t get sick of it, Hoya is sure.

“It, it’s because you said you like me. I, I had to say something back, didn’t I?” Bomi keeps lowering her head. She thinks she can’t see him right in the eyes in this kind of state.

“Yeah, you did.” Hoya keeps grinning. He takes few steps closer to narrow the distance between them. “If not, how could I know that you’re jealous with your very best friend?” He teases.

“And you got to be jealous with my mother’s best friend’s son, Howon oppa.”

Hoya laughs. “Alright, you win, Bomi-ya. Now call me Hoya oppa and I’ll give you a kiss in return.” He places his arms around her waist as dreamy smile glues on his face like the usual fool in love.

Bomi snorts. Her cheeks redden again, but it seems she just has to get used to it from now on. “You can call me Bbom and I promise not to kick your precious for being too cheeky, Hoya oppa.”

They stare at each other with some stupid smile stamped on their face, feeling like already in dreamy land.

“Bbom, can I kiss you?”

 

 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE:

this seems in rush but hopefully comes out okay. gyuji and homi shippers let's unite and flood aff with their tags! it's like they were sinking day by day TT--TT