Yurusarete

Kokoro No Sentaku

 

Jin scratched his eyes open as he exited his room. He’s been locked up there for a whole day, just playing Tetris on his laptop. He only exited the room 4 times, 2 to go to the bathroom and 2 to grab a bite to eat. Loud shouting voices caused him to stand up from the computer chair and check out what was going on. The larger voice sounded like Tomohisa. He poked his head outside first then walked forward only to see Maki sitting down on the couch and Tomohisa slamming the door of the music room to a loud close.

Jin stepped fully outside of his room and approached Maki who was now flipping through channels on the television. He caught a glimpse of the woman wiping a stray tear which escaped from her eyes.

“Maki-chan?”

Maki quickly turned around from her position on the couch before realizing who was in-front of her. “Ah, hello Jin… y-you’ve been pretty cooped up in your room.” She said, stuttering.

Jin didn’t answer. He walked closer, sitting down beside Maki. The latter looked away from him, pretending to look at the tv screen which was showing a cartoon. Jin was never one to dily dally with things, so he asked straight out, “Doue Maki-chan? Are you and Tomo fighting?” They were always fighting yes, but those weren’t serious, this one did.

It took a while before Maki could answer. “It’s not a fight we’re having. It’s him and his stupid ways again.” She grumbled. Jin shook his head before answering. “You two sounded really mad…”

Maki shifted in her seat for a while. She was slightly embarrassed that Jin heard their conversation but what could she do, what’s done is done. “He’s just being stupid again Jin.” She stood up and headed for the kitchen. It was a little rude but she really didn’t want to talk about this any further.

Jin sighed as he fell back unto the sofa, biting his lips in dismay. Maybe a little television will take things off his mind.

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=

Midnight had already passed when Maki woke up from her sleep. felt really dry and she somehow felt hot even with the central air conditioning in their pent house. She’d resigned for the night after cooking dinner for everyone, not even bothering with eating the food herself.

The penthouse was dark, there was one light from the living room; the lamp by the couch. At least it lit the surroundings so Maki could see where she was going. She stopped right in-front of the couch but then noticed a little light escaping from the left side of the room; it was the music room. Slowly she made her way as if hesitant at first but then her footsteps became sure. She opened the door to the room to see Tomohisa sleeping on the couch. The man however didn’t look comfortable. He was sitting on the couch, his head thrown back while he slept and he was still holding on to his Yamaha guitar. Maki clicked her tongue first before quickly moving back her room, grabbing a blanket from her cabinet before going back to the music room. Tomohisa was still in the same position when she left so as slowly as possible, Maki removed the guitar from Tomohisa’s arms settling it on the stand right beside before wrapping the blanket around him. She took her time, just staring at the man’s sleeping form. How can one be so smug and dashing but also look so cute and adorable?!

“You can just be so stupid sometimes…” Maki whispered. She turned around to finally set out for what she originally wanted to do that night.

“I know…”

Maki stopped walking and then turned around to come face to face with a still dishevelled Tomohisa. She watched as the man fixed his hair, flattening it to the right places then looked at her, his elbows resting on his knees. They were both quiet since Maki guessed that Tomohisa wanted to say something. And he did.

“I’m sorry Maki… I shouldn’t have snapped at you like that.”

She let him continue, moving closer from where he was.

“You’re right, I shouldn’t let my dad dictate my life for me… I’ve got to thinking and thanks to you I realize that now.” He massaged his right temple then closed his eyes once again. “I’m just sorry for snapping at you like that.”

It was quiet for a moment until Maki softly smiled with a shake of her head. She was sure he was sincere with what he was saying. “Just don’t think too much of what your dad wants… follow your heart Tomo…” With one last smile she moved away and exited the room.

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=