001

speak now or forever hold your peace

Yoongi’s pretty sure Seokjin’s gonna whip his after this.

 

 

 

It’s not very Min Yoongi of him to be doing this anyway – he’s never been as ‘extra’ as Hoseok, who always, always manages to put himself under the heat of the spotlight for the stupidest, tiest of reasons. But Hoseok’s that kind of person – he thrives in making himself look dumb in front of a crowd, putting on his best eat-ting grin as he does… his thing (Yoongi speaks affectionately, because Hoseok is technically still his best friend and the guy’s nothing short of sunshine and rainbows), whereas Yoongi would describe himself as more of the wallflower, falling in place in the background like the vines that quietly creep along the brick red walls of a lonely, quaint cottage (‘Okay, that’s ing poetic, you’re a ing genius, Min Yoongi’).

 

Just there, just chilling. You know, like what vines ing do on walls. Photosynthesize in peace and all that biological plant stuff. Except in human form. Because Yoongi’s very much human and he’s not really a plant species who can photosynthesize on walls and – well, .

 

Talk about getting sidetracked at a very, very crucial moment (especially when Seokjin’s already looking, glaring at him – not that there’s one person in this room who isn’t already looking at him like he’d suddenly grown three heads. His thick lips are parted and eyes unnaturally wide, and God, did Yoongi’s heart ing drop at that slow turn of his head – something that looked like it came out of a cheap horror movie, ,).

 

 

 

This is not chill. This is zero chill. This is so, so, so far from being chill.

 

 

 

Yoongi’s sweating under the attention he’s garnered by his stupid proclamation, and the suffocating heat is making him dizzy and why did he allow Seokjin to harass him into wearing a stiff tuxedo anyway? (Though he probably, maybe owes Seokjin big time now, and well, yeah, he’s gonna let this one go because he’s such a nice friend to his hyung, and not that he’s afraid of Seokjin’s wrath, definitely not that) – and now he’s a victim of his own gullibility and impulsive stupidity – he’s blaming Hoseok hundred percent because he’s been spending way too much time with Hoseok,again (something Seokjin have had offhandedly commented when both him and Hoseok had gotten into trouble just a few weeks ago after the latter had somehow managed to rope him along into doing one of his What Shall Not Be Named acts).

 

There’s an obnoxiously loud snigger that comes from his left and he forces himself to swallow a biting remark that’s threatening to come up because he’s still the crowd’s focus of attention.

 

He should’ve never let Hoseok talk him into this.

 

Hoseok is the bane of his existence.

 

Hoseok is…

 

Hoseok is almost dying choking on his own saliva (the tried to be discreet at being excited about Yoongi’s misery; good for him) and honestly, honestly, if he dies at this exact moment maybe Yoongi would feel a little bit better (but even then, he might need to double check by stabbing a bread knife into his chest just to make sure).

 

The silence is deafening, at least to him anyway. Yoongi’s pretty sure he’s just about to die from lack of oxygen – his lungs seem to have stopped working the moment he uttered those seven words fifteen minutes ago – when somebody finally decides to speak up.

 

 

 

The voice rings loud and clear, laced with surprise, uncertainty and most especially, amusement. Goddamn, you did it now Min Yoongi.

 

“Hyung?”

 

 

 

Min Yoongi has never, ever thought twice about looking at Park Jimin – he likes, loves looking at Park Jimin; heck, Yoongi looks at the kid without being told to (not that anyone ever does, just to be clear), he does it every time Jimin’s within 10-meter radius (and, on several occasions, has been called creepy by doing so; Yoongi sees nothing wrong with appreciating a little bit of art, geez).

 

The kid has always been pleasant to look at, he is more than pleasant to look at – he’s celestial, ethereal, otherworldly – something that belongs in the night sky along with the twinkling stars and Yoongi can just stare at him for forever. He has never thought there would come a time where he would have a hard time looking at the other in the eyes. That time is now, apparently.

 

Park Jimin stands at the front pew (looking goddamn beautiful and , it could make Yoongi cry, had made him cry on several, unspoken occasions), for the reason that he’s actually Seokjin’s cousin and is the best man of the ceremony. He’s looking back at Yoongi, his eyes are filled with mirth and his lips are curled into the tiniest of cheeky grins.

 

 

 

“Yeah?”, If Yoongi isn’t currently wishing for the ground to just open up and swallow him whole, he would’ve laughed at how the people around them audibly held their breath in anticipation (he even heard Seokjin’s sharp intake of breath).

 

“I love you, too,” Jimin, ing, Park Jimin with the ing shiniest pair of smiling eyes and a brighter-than-the-sun grin, whispers shyly and Yoongi really, really could’ve just fainted then and there (a little bit because of the sudden breath of oxygen into his deprived lungs made his head hurt, but also, mostly because Park Jimin just said he loves him, too), “I really do, but ah, Seokjin hyung’s wedding…”

 

The priest clears his throat at this, seemingly remembering his role in the ceremony, and scans the crowd with unimposing eyes, “Does anybody else have anything to say?”

 

Yoongi’s reflex is fast and he hits the back of Hoseok’s head the moment the latter shoots out an answer, “let them marry next!”

 

This time, it’s Seokjin who clears his throat, and so do the rest of his family and Jimin’s – wait, Jimin’s family. . Yoongi remembers them belatedly and finally registers the amused snickers of family and friends ringing in the church and the deepening flush of scarlet on Jimin’s cheeks that’s caused by another reason than his sudden declaration of affection.

 

 

 

The look that Jimin sends him over the heads of many, entertained people is almost enough for him to at least think he’s done something right.

 

 

 

Later at the reception, Seokjin surprisingly does not chew his head off like he imagined he would, and he confesses to Yoongi of how he actually had a part in Hoseok’s ultimate plan (“because Jimin obviously has the biggest crush on you, asks about you in every family gathering. If the kid weren’t cute enough, I would’ve long thrown him out the house, to be honest. Ah, and well, you aren’t really the type of person to make the first move unless manipulated by Hoseok otherwise”).

 

Namjoon, his husband, whisks him away before Yoongi can throw expletives at him and Jimin is wrapping an arm around his waist by the time Yoongi’s gathered his mind to step up to Seokjin and demand compensation. The nose that traces down the slope of his neck makes him shiver and the laugh that tickles his ears is enough to make him forget all about Hoseok and Seokjin (well, momentarily that is).

 

 

 

“Hyung, can you at least maybe say it directly to me this time?” Jimin grins and Yoongi turns to see the mischievous look on his face.

 

Yoongi rolls his eyes, but he snakes his arms around Jimin’s waist and starts to sway their bodies to the slow music anyway, “I am in love you, Park Jimin.”

 

 

 

(When their wedding day comes a few years from now, Hoseok successfully talks Yoongi’s cousin, Taehyung, into confessing to the love of his life as well. Although nobody expects it to be Hoseok the poor boy’s enamored with. Needless to say, Yoongi doesn’t end up butchering Hoseok with a bread knife like he should’ve, mostly because Jimin calls it cute and remember how he did the same thing on Seokjin’s wedding? He merely congratulates his unfortunate cousin and best friend on their new found relationship and lets Jimin take his hand so they could dance to cheesy love songs and whisper I love you’s into each other’s ears.)