I'm Deeply Sorry

Cloudy With A Chance of Pain

[Main Girl's POV]

 

As soon as the school bell rang, I rushed out of class and ran towards the football field. Why? Because I just promised my crush to meet me there. And he agreed. By less than an hour, the field will be full of the football players, the bleachers will be filled with the players' fans and girlfriends just to watch the boys practice. The weather, however, was not suit for playing. But that surely did not stop the spirited football team.

 

Standing the middle of the field with my hands behind my back, waiting for the person I have longed for. My hands are empty, not expecting anything to give or to receive. Careful not to come even a second later than him. Yet, the waiting builds up my anxiety. I tried breathing in and out heavily to calm myself. It did not work well.

Just like a scene in a movie, as the main character shows up, everything around us became blurry, as if they went in slow motion. There he was, running up to where I stood. Oh Se Hun. The captain of the football team, one of the popular kids in our school. As he stood in front of me, I took my time to appreciate every moment of him smiling at me. I made sure I will remember this moment, even if it breaks my heart after.

"Sorry, my class ended late." Se Hun said, still trying to catch his breath. 

"No, no. It's okay. I just came anyway." I said. Besides, I did not set the exact time of our meeting.

I let him take his time to breath normally again. As I tried to gather my courage to start and end this anxiety once and for all.

"Sehun-ah. I think I like you."

As soon as I said it, his smile disappeared. His smile turned into something I could not comprehend. It was not sad, nor was it shock. He was blank. Complete blank. 

"I      uh." He took a long pause as he tried to think of something to say. Something less hurtful. But nothing is any less hurtful than "I don't like you" or "I don't feel the same way as you do" or any of the likes.

He chose to say the latterwith an apology as he might think it would be less hurtful.

But that was as expected. For a girl like me. A girl who everyone knows only when she covers herself with books; textbooks and novels. A girl who calls herself a hopeless romantic. 

I convinced myself that any hurtful words are as expected, and any sweet replies are beyond my imaginations. 

Yet, when he replied exactly as I knew he would, it still hurts.

I tried to think of something to say that would make me look less dejected, Sehun's teammates came to the field. With the girls sitting on the bleachers. 

"I know." I said. That was the only thing I could think of. I backed away, still looking at him. "I just wanted to tell you that, anyway." I said just before I turned around and walked towards the exit with my head down      avoiding any eye contacts from his teammates.

I was sure I have not been far away from the spot he stood as I could still hear his answer when a friend of his asked for my identity. 

"Nothing. Just someone I know." 

That was the last thing I have heard.

 

Few days after, I tried to distract myself from thinking of him. Or even see him in school.

My friends did not know what happened, nor do they know of my feelings towards him. Which makes it easier for me to forget him. As from that moment, I let myself feel free and move on.

 

 


1 Se Hun said, "I'm deeply sorry. But I don't feel the same way as you do."

 

P.S. The title of this first and last chapter (I'm Deeply Sorry) is actually me saying sorry for always writing a sad oneshot story. Just realised that I can't make a chapter-ed happy love stories (YET).