End

Who Am I?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hyoyeon, wait, I think I saw someone familiar.” Soo Young stopped her friend on the tracks.

“Who?”

“Vivian… I think it’s Vivian.”

“You mean Vivian, your girlfriend who went missing after you proposed to her?”

“Yes… Wait for me here Hyo.”

Soo Young dashed into the restaurant without waiting for any reply from Hyoyeon.

“VIVIAN!” Soo Young shouted and everyone in the restaurant was looking at her, except for Vivian.

“Vivian!” Soo Young went to her and gave her a back hug, almost a bone crashing one.

“Hello?!” The girl shook Soo Young off and stood up, “Are you okay? Are you calling me Vivian?”

“Yes! You’re Vivian! Baby, how could you do this to me? You said yes to my proposal and then you just went missing for so many years?”

“Huh? I’m not Vivian, did you see wrong or something? I’m not the person you’re looking for.”

“No, I’m sure you are Vivian, I am very sure!”

“I’m not Vivian oh my gawd! I’m Kwon Yuri for God’s sake. Ok, what do you want me to do so you would believe I’m not that Vivian girl?”

“Vivian… C’mon, tell me what did I do wrong for you to leave me? I’ll change, I promise.”

“UGH! I GIVE UP TALKING TO YOU!” Yuri took her bag and dragged her friend Yoona along.

Soo Young followed suit and went out too.

“I’ll see you again, Yul.” Yoona bid Yuri goodbye after their lunch date and went separate ways.

Yuri is heading to the gym since she hasn’t been working out.

Soo Young told Hyoyeon that she had to win Vivian back so she’ll set another time for them to meet again and followed Yuri, or Vivian she calls her.


x


Yuri went to her locker and realised she’d ran out of water. She was about to refill her water bottle from the water dispenser but saw a hand holding a bottle of iced water.

She was about to take it when she saw who was the person.

“Take it, Vivian. You need to rehydrate yourself.” Soo Young smiled.

“For one last time, I am Kwon Yuri. As in Kwon Yuri, ok.” Yuri’s about to go bonkers being followed around by the stranger whom she had NEVER met before in all her life.

“You’re a Kwon too! Don’t lie Vivian… I don’t know why you changed your name but I’m pretty sure there’s a good reason behind it, right?”

“Oh gosh. Do you need me to show you my ID?” Yuri searched for her ID in her wallet but come to realise that she left it at home. She almost killed herself on the spot.

“Don’t have it? You’re Vivian… Just admit it already! I’ve been looking for you for so many years, where had you been Viv?” Soo Young s an arm around Yuri’s waist only to get smacked by the shorter girl.

“YA! Keep your hands off me! This is the first time I’m seeing you, what the heck?” Yuri showed her anger, in hope of getting rid of Soo Young.

Soo Young showed a guilty face and Yuri regrets shouting at Soo Young.

“Ok, I’m sorry for shouting at you. Why not we find a place and sit down, then you’ll tell me what happened to your ex-girlfriend?” Yuri didn’t know why she agreed to listen to Soo Young, even though she doesn’t know her.

“That’s a great idea! Then maybe you’ll remember what happened then. I think you had a memory loss of something.” Soo Young was cheered up again and Yuri unknowingly loved this side of Soo Young more.


x


They got a cup of coffee each and Yuri was all ready to listen to the stranger she met a few hours ago.

“Six years ago, I proposed to you—“ Yuri cut Soo Young off, “Vivian, not ‘you’”.

“Six years ago, I proposed to Vivian and she said yes. We were supposed to meet up on Friday on the same week but Vivian didn’t turn up at the place we agreed to meet at. I thought she forgot about it, so I went to her house. But when I reached there, her parents told me Vivian only left them an amount of money and a letter, saying she needs to be away for some time and told them to take care of themselves and that she’s sorry she was unable to fulfil a daughter’s role. I waited for her everyday at the cafe, but she never turned up. I went there every single day for a good two years, but she never came. During the two years, I did nothing but look for her in every possible way I could think of. But now, she’s back to me!” Soo Young held Yuri’s hands tight but Yuri retracted her hands.

“I really feel very sorry for you, that your girlfriend left you but I’m really not Vivian, ok… I’m Kwon Yuri? Yuri as in WHY-YOU-ARE-AI.”

“No… I still love you Vivian, just tell me why you went missing for so many years, I just want to know why. I’ll still love you, I’ll love you forever.” Soo Young went to Yuri’s side but the tanned girl moved away and out of the restaurant.

Soo Young was still following Yuri even when Yuri said she’s going home.

“Oh gawd… I’m going home, you wanna follow me home?”

“Sure! I haven’t seen Auntie and Uncle in a long time.” Soo Young said cheerily.

“I’M KWON YURI! KWON YURI! YURI! NOT VIVIAN FOR ’S SAKE!” Yuri shouted as she lost her temper.

Soo Young looked at Yuri with her pair of innocent eyes. Yuri’s heart softens again.

“Ok, fine. Follow. Follow all you want. I’ll prove to you I’m not Vivian

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter