1/1

It will always be you

“Let’s break up.” Wonwoo almost couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Mingyu announced it during the night before their 2nd anniversary. It was obvious that Mingyu was not joking. He had a serious look, a serious tone and a serious atmosphere around him.

“Why? Did I do something wrong? I thought everything is going well between us.” Wonwoo sounded desperate. He never thought that this day would come because Mingyu promised him as long as he needed Mingyu, his boyfriend would always be there for him. After he broke up with Jun two years ago, Mingyu never leave his side, always with him to help him forget his first love. Mingyu promises to wait for him to return his love. But now, here is Mingyu telling him to end their relationship. Something is absolutely not right and he needs to know what it is.

“You finally got what you wanted. Jun comes back in your lives just a few months ago. You’ve been hanging out with him even more than being with me. You even cancelled our dates 12 times in 3 months hyung. Then yesterday, he confessed.” My eyes widen. // he heard that //

Mingyu  ran his fingers through his hair. “I didn’t mean to eavesdrop or anything. It’s just that when I found you, it was also at the same time Jun confessed to you. My body remained rooted on the spot and got to hear everything. Your reply to him was that you’ll think about it, which means that you were considering breaking up with me to be with him. Am I right hyung? ”

“No, I didn’t mean that. It was just hard to reject him. I--”

“It was hard to reject him because you certainly still have feelings for him. Your feelings for him probably went away when we started our relationship 2 years ago but now since he is here again, your first love is here again. It seems that your feeling for him has revived as well.” Mingyu was really good at analyzation. It’s because of that analyzation that he got Wonwoo into a relationship with him and it’s also because of that analyzation that he’s going to break up with Wonwoo.
 


“Okay, I admit that I do have some feelings for him which revived from the past but most of it was just admiration. What I feel for you is much different and much greater than that. I fell for you and I love you too. I love you very much. Please Mingyu, trust me ” Wonwoo felt as if a heavy weight was lifted off his chest. He finally got to say those words, which he never said before. Ever since Mingyu confessed to him, he never say the 3 words to Mingyu and so does Mingyu. They would prefer to act like a couple than to say those words because for them, action speaks more than words.

Mingyu was actually happy to hear those word but at the same time, he didn’t want to believe it as well. It will hurts him more if he knows that Wonwoo lies about the what he said just now.

“No, you’re just saying those words because you don’t want us to break up. You just love the idea of us being together because we’re both comfortable with each other. You were secure being with me because you know that the centre of my attention is you. Don’t you think you’ve been depending on me too much?” He spat out harshly than he intended to.

Wonwoo was hurt and astounded at those words. Mingyu never talk to him that way before. But just because Mingyu is starting now, he won‘t let himself be beaten up with words. He will defend himself.

 “You don’t believe me? I bet you didn’t love me either. You never told me that you love me. You only did so at the night you confessed to me. Plus, you only said those words in an accidental manner. I bet you never mean it. You’re probably just eating your own words. And you said that because you want to comfort me.  ”

“Let’s just stop arguing and just break up. It’s the best for us” Mingyu heaved out a long sigh. It was all he can do to stop his tears from falling. He felt like stabbing himself by saying those words because the truth is, he doesn’t really want to break up with Wonwoo but Wonwoo is just so confusing.

He never really thought that his boyfriend loved him back and he wasn’t going to start thinking of that right now. It may sound selfish but he didn’t want to be in more pain by thinking that he broke up with Wonwoo when Wonwoo was finally returning his feelings.

“NO!!! Stop saying that you want a break up. I’m not accepting it. You’re just making excuses. I want to know the real reason why you want to break up with me.” Tears started to fall from Wonwoo’s eyes.

“I know that you still love me. Don’t even try to deny it. I know. Now tell me why? I’m so sorry if I hurt you. Trust me I love you and this feeling is real.” He sniffed.

“You had other rivals aside Jun before. You think of them as obstacles and challenges. Then you would always come out as a winner so why aren’t you even bothering to fight for me now? Why are you giving me up to Jun? WHY?!?!?! I thought you love me. I thought our relationship is precious for both of us. I thought we are made for each other. I thought we will last forever. Mingyu, why? Tell me. ” Wonwoo shakes both of Mingyu’s shoulders desperately demanding for an answer. Tears keep falling from his beautiful eyes.

This time Mingyu couldn’t control himself seeing that the one he loved the most was hurting because of himself. A few tears managed to escape and roll down his cheeks. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry hyung” He opened his arms which were immediately occupied by Wonwoo.  He tighten his hugs around Wonwoo likes there is no tomorrow and nothing can separate them.

“I’m such a bastard. I’m sorry for hurting you like this. I just feel insecure. When Jun comes back, I’m scared that you will leave me for him. I can’t bear seeing you with him anymore. Not with him or anybody else. When I heard he confesses to you and your answer, I realize that actually I’m the selfish one here. I should consider your happiness. If you are happy with Jun, then I should let you go. I’m sorry if I hurt you hyung. Please stop crying. It hurts me more.” He whispered on his boyfriend’s ear and rubbed the back soothingly.
“ No Mingyu, you are the best thing that ever happens in my life and I love you so much. Please don’t think that I can be happy with someone else when you are my happiness. Promise me that not to feel insecure again. I’m all yours now and forever and nothings can takes me away from you and so are you, okay. I love you too much and I’m sorry if I didn’t express it well.”  They hugs each other, this time longer than before.
They were surrounded by silence for a while. They remained like that as they let their chaotic feelings subside so they can think clearly and talk everything out in a proper manner. “Come on. Let’s talk this over a cup of tea.” Mingyu suggested when he felt that both of them has calmed down.

“No, I want to stay here in your arms and on the bed. And there’s nothing to talk about. We’re not going to break up.” Wonwoo said stubbornly in a childish tone. Mingyu chuckled and  merely complied as he led them towards the bed, which is just a couple of steps away. Once they’ve nestled on the bed, Wonwoo snuggles closer to Mingyu and lies on his boyfriend’s broad chest.
 

“Now sleep. You must be tired.” Said Mingyu tighten the hugs.

“I will and you too but promise me you will be here when I wake up. “

“I will. I promise. Okay good night. I love you Wonwoo hyung. “

“I love you too Mingyu. “

Mingyu smiles and close his eyes and sleeps.