01.

Day 1

 


 

Hi my babies! It’s me, Lee Jaehwan~~ Kim Wonsik’s guardian angel and acting big brother!! Yes, you heard it right! I am his guardian angel. You see, our Kim Wonsik isn’t any ordinary person. He’s been given special gifts by the Superior one and that is to take out all the evil monsters in this world!! Be it demons, vampires, ghouls, wolves, you name it. But what’s good about our Shikkie is that he only takes out the evil ones. My job on the other hand is to take care of our Shikkie and keep him away from harm as much as possible. I did say as much as possible right? I mean I can’t protect him well especially when he’s fighting those monsters. I can only fly with my oh-so beautiful pearl white feathered wings and use my spirit blade for a limited time ㅠㅠ.

Whenever we have peaceful days, we hang out with some of his friends or as usual hang out in one of Shikkie’s favorite café and I spend hours talking and being with Hyukkie sitting there with him while he writes stuff on his notebook. OH! Did I mention the reason why we always stay at that particular café? It’s because our Shikkie has a huge crush on someone. Yes yes, you heard me! Our Wonsikkie has a crush! Now isn’t that cute? He’s been ogling over that barista named Jung Taekwoon for months now and it’s killing me that he hasn’t done anything! Come on, Shikkie. MAKE A MOVE. I’M DYING OVER HERE. My Hyukkie’s been feeling the same way as well with the current situation.

Ah! I forgot to mention, Hyukkie’s my cute boyfriend special someone~~ he’s someone like me too! An angel. His wings are the exact opposite of mine, raven feathered wings, but that doesn’t mean anything to me at all. Hyukkie is Hyukkie! We met not long ago (4 years, 2 months, 25 days, 15 hours, 23 minutes and 14 seconds) and we instantly clicked. We actually started out as friends. We spend most of our free time together talking, flirting, laughing and talking. It wasn’t long when I started to have feelings for Hyukkie, I was scared that he wouldn’t feel the same thing when I confessed to him and thank the heavens! He felt the same way!! So now, we’re official ;-) (1 year, 10 months, 9 days, 23 hours, 18 minutes and 54 seconds) and I couldn’t be happier! Well I’ll be the happiest person if our Shikkie would have the guts to talk to that barista!!!! AHH! The funny and cute part here is that my Hyukkie is that barista guy’s guardian angel! Talk about destiny~ if Hyukkie and I were meant to be then that means that barista and our Shikkie are too! Okay! Let’s go back to the story!! Where was I? Oh right, Hyukkie feeling the same way! After listening to my so cute boyfriend special someone, I learned a few things about that cute baristaㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

1.The barista’s name is Jung Taekwoon (what a cutie <3)

2.Taekwoon is also like our Shikkie, a demon hunter and

3.HE ALSO LIKES KIM WONSIK

I did mention that they, too, are destined? I did. Yes, I did! OH this would be so fun! Us going on double dates, fighting off evil, and spending most of our time together! BUT that won’t happen if our Shikkie remains seated here next to me, writing some stuff on his notebook while sneaking glances at Taekwoon. KIM WONSIK! BE A MAN AND GET UP THERE! 

 


 

This is Wonsik. Demon hunter by night. Normal person by day. Right now, I’m sitting with my guardian, Jaehwan, at my favorite café in the city. Last night’s hunting was tiring. I had to run around the whole city just to chase one demon. Jaehwan helped but that demon was just damn fast. It nearly took us three hours to catch it. Three hours. I am still sleepy but I decided that it’s better to go here instead of sleeping and I was right. Seeing Taekwoon gives me a boost of energy and today was no exception at all. Taekwoon is really cool. His chic appearance, his soft and gentle voice, his cute personality—his whole self actually. I like him. I don’t fully grasp the idea of liking someone. Is it when you feel that “butterflies” in your stomach whenever you see that person? Or is it when you just hear his name or anything related to him and feel your cheeks burning? Or is it when you smile like an idiot when a thought of him comes into you mind? I’m still in the process of knowing what I truly feel for him but right now, I’m pretty sure that I like him. I like Taekwoon. Damn it. I’m smiling like an idiot right now. I met Taekwoon when I first came in this café, prior to Jaehwan’s request of seeing his “friend” who’s also an angel like him. At first I was reluctant, not that I don’t like going out. It’s basically because I’m too tired. I long for naps. Long naps. The naps where I don’t get to wake up for another century. Okay, I like to sleep. There, I said it. But that changed when I met Taekwoon. For some weird reason, Jaehwan disappeared with his “friend” leaving me standing alone in front of the counter with him. He smiled and greeted me with his soft voice. That simple hello made me skip a beat. After that, I wanted to come to the café whenever I have the free time.

Of course, I tell Jaehwan that the reason why we go there was because of the coffee and food and for him to see his “friend” but actually the sole purpose of coming was to see Taekwoon more. There would be occasional exchange of greetings but my interaction with him would end there because of me being a stupid coward. I don’t know how to approach him at all. Should I start with a question? A compliment: hey you look great! No that doesn’t sound good at all.

I’m so frustrated with myself. I really want to know more about him, but circumstances won’t allow it…or is it really just me?

 


 

Hi there, it’s Hyuk! Taekwoon’s personal slave guardian. Just kidding! I’d like to call myself as his companion. Well given that I practically raised Taekwoon, I guess the word companion suits me. I’ve been with Taekwoon through his whole life and I’ve never seen him act like a ball of fluff at anyone except when he’s in front of animals and kids. Give that boy a cat or a kid and he will change in no time. His “cold” personality may freak people out (believe me, when I first saw him as a baby, the first thing he did to me was glare at me with those freaking piercing eyes though I find it cute as days passed) but he’s not actually cold. He’s quite the opposite. Taekwoon is a kind and beautiful person. I’ve never met a human like him. He’s too precious, that’s what I always tell Jaehwan when I get to share some stuff about him. I once flew out one night and saw a little Taekwoon carefully bringing back a lost kid demon to his family. Taekwoon believed that not everyone is evil and still possess goodness in them. He’s such a pure kid. Well, that was before. I can’t call him kid anymore since he’s all grown up now. I’m still taller and look younger (despite my age) so I guess it’s all good for me.

Speaking of Taekwoon, he’s busy doing a customer’s order right now. Taekwoon’s a barista in the local café in the city…Wow the smell… he really makes good coffee I tell you. I scanned the café and as usual, on the far right table was where Jaehwan and his human sat.

Jaehwan.

 He just waved at me. What a cute person.

I glanced at Taekwoon and grinned. He’s looking at Wonsik. This guy. You just reminded me of how stubborn you are! TAEKWOON. You fought hundreds of demons, battled in one of the biggest fights and still get to live a normal life but this is one thing you can’t do…talk to this guy. Jeez. Jaehwan and I have the same problem, get you two to talk. For the nth time, staring won’t do anything at all. PLEASE. JAEHWAN! I really can’t do this anymore! We have to do something! Let’s do this!!


…such a noisy guardian.  

 

 So Jaehwan’s talking to me and that I should stop being a scaredy-cat and just go up to where Taekwoon was. If only you knew. I always repeat that very scenario in my head, the scene where I would go up to Taekwoon and start a normal conversation with him. I would be this cool and level-headed guy who casually asks him out and—WAIT—WHAT JAEHWAN!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!?!?

 

My babies, it’s Jaehwan again~~ So Hyukkie and I decide to play cupid! Who’s with me?? Raise your hands!! HAHA. Well, I got our Shikkie out of his chair and pushed him to the counter! Taekwoon’s look is so funny!! Hyukkie, you better work your magic over there! I’m counting on you! NO hugs or kisses from me if you fail this I tell you!!

 

So Jaehwan and I are now conducting Mission: GET-THESE-TWO-IDIOTS-TOGETHER-FOR-THE-LOVE-OF-EVERYONE-BECAUSE-SEEING-THEM-NOT-BEING-TOGETHER-IS-SUCH-A-PAIN-AND-WE JUST-CAN’T-STAND-IT-ANYMORE. Jaehwan just made the first move and that is pushing his human, Kim Wonsik, in front of the counter where Taekwoon, my human, is stationed at. I can’t stand the fact that these two like each other and yet aren’t doing anything at all. It’s me and Jaehwan who have to do the work for them. It’s quite frustrating. Haha, Taekwoon just smiled at the blank Wonsik. These two. I nudged on Taekwoon and bickered. He’s really not going to do anything? HEY. Taekwoon. Talk. To. The. Guy. Jeez.

 

…this kid…I’m going to say hi…just you wait…

 

Oh no. He said hi. What should I do?? What the hell? It’s just one word, why can’t I say it back?! 

 

For the love of---just say hello, Shikkie! H-E-L-L-O. Even a baby could say so much more right now!! Our babies are dying over here!! 

 

This guy doesn’t really know how to talk in front of Taekwoon. 

 

Hyukkie, not helping. Come on, Shikkie! You can do it!

 

I did it! I did it! I finally said hello! WHAT NOW?


 

Taekwoon. I’m now lost. I just asked him what his order would be and all he’s doing is stare at the menu above. He looks like a lost pup. Cute. How can someone who looks so strong and cool and yet be this cute? This is my first time to see him this close. I never knew he had a deep voice. He rarely talks when I see him. He avoids me. I don’t know why but I don’t want him to avoid me.

Hyuk’s been bugging me to talk to this person, but how can I when he doesn’t want to? Sometimes I want to smack some sense into Hyuk; you just can’t force a person. There are also times when Hyuk would tell me relationship advices since he was proud to be in one with someone named Jaehwan. I don’t get to see Jaehwan since demon hunters aren’t able to see other angels other than their own guardians. I bet he’s nice and fun like Hyuk. He seems happy though he doesn’t tell me much about their relationship…but listening to his advices…their relationship is somewhat out of this world.

Hyuk’s whispering some stuff again…I turned to him. Seriously. Some of your advices don’t work on humans. Especially that. Please don’t say things like that to me again…please.

Wonsik just said something I didn’t hear. I asked him again. This time he smiled. He smiled. He smiled...


 

HE ORDERED FOR A CARAMEL MACCHIATO, TAEKWOON.

 

Yes, Sanghyuk. I heard. 

 

Taekwoon’s soo cute~~

 

I’m so nervous…am I doing alright? Jaehwan? Hey, would you stop staring at the blank space and help me here?

 

AHHH! Sorry Shikkie~~ and for your information I'm not staring at a blank space!! I'm staring at my Hyukkie!! Now where were we? 

 

Taekwoon, what's taking Wonsik's caramel macchiato so long? Are you putting hearts and love in there? 

 

...seriously?

 

Oh no. Our hands just touched...Calm down, Wonsik. Calm down. 

 

OKAY!! SHIKKIE THIS IS YOUR TIME! TELL HIM WHAT WE PRACTICED FOR MONTHS! 


 

The silver-haired took a deep breath. He has to say it now. Wonsik took one last look at Jaehwan before turning to Taekwoon who was oblivious of what was about to happen. 

 

"What are you doing today? Are you busy?" The silver-haired squinted his eyes closed. "If not, do you want to hang out with me? I have something to tell you, it's nothing special but I think...I like you." 

 

Taekwoon laughed. 

 

The silver-haired felt like dying. He knew that this would be the end of it all. He blamed Jaehwan for this. He was the one who taught Wonsik how to say those cheesy words. He actually hated it. He cringes every time he says those words but Jaehwan insisted on it, saying that this would definitely win over the demon hunter/ barista.

 

"I'm not busy today. Sure, let's hang out."  Taekwoon answered. 

 

Wonsik opened his eyes. A wide grin appeared on his face. He was definitely not going to blame Jaehwan anymore. 

 

Behind the two were their guardians silently watching the two exchange a few more words. This was a day to remember. The black-winged stood next to his other half who was busily gawking at the two mortals. "So they're finally talking."

 

"It took them a hell lot of time to do that." The white-winged beamed. 

 

The black-winged reached out for his other half's hand and gave it a light squeeze. "They sure did," 


WHAT THE HELL? WE'VE BEEN HERE FOR THREE HOURS NOW...AREN'T YOU GUYS GOING TO STOP?!

 

Five more minutes. We promise.

 

My Hyukkie's right. You guys should stop. OH MY GAHD STOP. 

You wanted this, remember?

 

 


 

So hi there!! I hope you guys find it interesting and I hope I did justice on the prompt that was given to me^^ 

This was actually inspired by K. Will's Day 1 :) 

ANYWAYS, thanks for reading! 

~~~ChoiTiana