Final

Bittersweet Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Naeun got up from her sleep abruptly; like having a nightmare. But yes, it was true. She was just having a nightmare. She breathes in and out. After a few minutes, the doctor walked out from the room and sighed heavily. Something’s happened? No! She shook her head twice after thought about Myungsoo’s condition. Before she could make her way towards the doctor, she saw Myungsoo’s mother, Mrs. Kim ran towards the doctor in worried. Naeun could see that she was crying, also his father and his family. She felt guilty toward them. Sorry…Naeun thought. The tears started to flow again. She could hear the doctor said that Myungsoo was in coma as his head injured badly.

She sat next to the bed and stared at Myungsoo’s lifeless body. She intertwined her tiny and cold fingers with him and kissed the back of his hand.

“You’re a strong boy. You’ve to stay alive… Please… Promise me…You can’t leave me.” Once again, her tears flowed down her cheeks. It was hard for her to accept this situation.

Myungsoo was still in coma. Naeun would always visit him after school and sometimes she slept at the hospital to accompany him. It was already past 1 weeks and he still unconscious. She missed him so much. She missed his smiled, his laughed and all about him. She really missed him.

 

It was weekend. She was sitting on a bench in a park; the park that Myungsoo and her loved to spent time together or it should be called the park that Naeun first met with Myungsoo. She did not visit him today as his family were there. She plugged on the earphone and started to play her favourite song; the song that reminded her about their first met.

***

The wind blew and caressed her cheeks smoothly. It was very pleasing for Naeun to focus on her drawing in the park. Plus, no one bothered her. That is why she loved to go to the park and relaxed her mind with the drawing.

Focus… Focus… Focus…

“Excuse me. Do you mind if I sit here? Can I have a seat here?” No response. He had already asked her about 3 times but still no response. She sketched an eye, nose, lips… and...

“Yah! What the- What are you doing?!” He grabbed the pencil that she was holding. He had ruined her sketching. She gave him a death glared. Naeun was pissed off by his sudden ‘attack’. No one would do that to her before.

Silent…Silent…Silent…

“Okay, I’m so sorry. Please don’t glare at me like that. Here your pencil.” He suddenly broke the silence. She grabbed the pencil from him and started to continue what she was doing; ignored his presence and acting liked nothing happened.

“Yah, yah. Before you focus on your work, can I sit here?” He pointed at the space beside her and smiled. She just nodded without looking at him and stayed focused. He steals a glanced at her and tried to talk to her but he was afraid that she might scold him directly. He poked her twice arm. No response. He sighed. After finished making the outline for her drawing, she decided to turn her head to face the strange guy next to her.

“What do you want?” Finally, she opened to talk. He faced her. She looked beautiful as the wind blew her long and wavy hair. So pretty. He thought.

“Ahh~ Nothing but can I know your name... miss?” He grinned showing his teeth. Naeun closed her drawing block and changed her gazed to the lake in front of them.

“Son Naeun.” She simply answered. He chuckled making her stared at him. Is my name funny to him? She thought as she frowned. He stopped chuckling when he realized that she stared at him weirdly.

“Mianhae mianhae. Please don’t look at me like that. You scared me. Anyways, I’m Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo but my friends called me L.” He smiled widely and stretched his hand towards her. She looked down at his hand. She smiled and shook his hand. It was the first time he saw her smile.

“I’m sorry for ignoring you just now. I just don’t like it when people bother me while I was doing something. It’s annoyed me.” He laughed making her smiled sheepishly.

“It’s okay. It’s not your fault. I’m the one that should apologise, not you.” He leaned his back at the bench and stared at the lake. She followed him.

“So what are you doing here? I think I never see you around here before.” She started the conversation. He cleared his throat before answered her question.

“I’m new here. I don’t have friends at this area. It’s boring at home. Nothing to do.” He said. They were having a long conversation; talked about each other. He will attend the same school with Naeun but not in the same grade since Myungsoo was one year older than Naeun. From that day, they became best friend. People always thought that they were couple. At first, they really did not have any feeling toward each other but girl and boy will never be just a best friend, right? ;)

***

Naeun replaced the dried roses with the fresh white and red roses. She poured some water into a bowl and dunked a towel to make it soggy. She used the towel to wipe Myungsoo’s hand. 

“Myung-ah. Do you hear me?” She asked him although she knew that he would not answer her.

“Myung-ah. Do you know that you already sleep for two weeks?” She stared at Myungsoo’s pale face. Her eyes started to blur. She holds the tears. She did not want to cry anymore. She cried almost every day. She wants to be a strong girl and did not want Myungsoo to hear her sobbing.

She glanced at the clock. It already 6:50 p.m... She decided to go home and clean herself as she still in her school uniform. As she wants to step out the room, Mrs Kim arrived. Naeun smiled weakly at her.

“Aigoo Naeun-ah. Thanks for always take care of him.” She patted Naeun on her shoulder and smiled. Naeun nodded her head and smiled in returned. Of course she will. She loved him so much. She could not wait to see him woke up from the long sleep and having a great time together liked before.

“How’s Myungsoo?” Her mother asked as she stepped into the house. She took a dept breath before answer her mother’s question.

“No change. Still the same like yesterday.” She sighed and made her ways towards her room. After finished cleaned up herself, she slouched on her bed. Her mother called her for dinner but she refused. She did not feel liked eating right now. Then, a white photo frame on her table caught her eyes. She slowly walked towards the table and took the photo frame. There were Myungsoo and her in the photo which was taken at Everland.

***

“Ahhhhhhhh!” They screamed as the roller coaster was speeded up. They decided to spend their weekend at the Everland. Naeun refused to ride the roller coaster at first but Myungsoo kept whining at her to accompany him. After finished, Naeun ran towards the ladies as fast as possible. The ride made her felt dizzy and want to vomit. Myungsoo ran after her and waited for her outside. She came out as she felt much better.

“Gwaenchanhayo?” He handed a small towel to her and patted her back. She grinned showing her white teeth and nodded.

“Myung-ah, can we go buy some drinks? After this we go try the Ferris wheel, oe?” He chuckled and felt happy after seeing his girl back to normal. He made an ‘OK’ sign with both of his hands. Naeun took his hand and intertwined their fingers together. She tilted her head and stared Myungsoo right into his eyes. She smiled sweetly.

“Kaja!” They made their way toward a stall and bought their drinks. After that, they went to ride the Ferris wheel. They sat next to each other and the wheel started to spin slowly. Naeun was amazed when she could see the sunset from up there.

“Wow. It’s so beautiful! I’m always dream to see this!” Naeun stood up as she was too happy to see th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter