Siblings aside

Lost Stars

Chapter 01 | Siblings aside


Sunlight stream through the window, too bright which interrupts me taking a nap on my desk. It is a peaceful afternoon you would say. Well, not as peaceful when the noises by your classmates’ chit-chatting and gossiping’s sound make you stay consciously awake as it’s recess time. Still, I carry on with my sleeping journey while wait for the next period started and my friend, Krystal to bring me some foods from school’s cafeteria as she promised so.

“Sooji! Bae Sooji! C’mon wake up!” I recognised that’s Krystal yelling my name over there. I lazily held my head up looking at her and says “What is-it, Krystal? Don’t tell me that you’re late for my bacon!” I give her a surprised look.
“Oh-h, all you care is eat?! Nah, here’s your bacon.”
“Thanks… I know you’re the best, Krystal-ahh~”
“Kay, put that aside. I’ve got something important to say. You know Jiyeon from class 4-C, our senior? She’s confessing to your brother, right now, outside at the corridor!” Krystal said. I was disbelief what she just say but I can see now why there’s so many students gather around at the corridor. I grab my bacon and get up immediately and run to the scene to stop any further disaster from happen. “We’ve got to stop him before he hurts someone….” I said to Krystal.

 

I never like my brother, ever since he practice his hobby of bullying me. Everytime when I think of this I just get myself mad.  Back when I was 7 and he was  9 years old, I had a birthday party at our house. I invited all my friends to celebrate with me. And there he is, creating disaster with throwing my birthday cake to a boy same age as me, who were fixing my messy hair just now. So, the boy cried and never get-in-touch with me since then.

There was one time when I was 10 and he was 12, he invited some friend to the house to play games and when I knocked on his door to call them to have dinner, I heard one of his friend compliment me, saying that I’m cute. I’m quite happy to hear that and I actually blushed, but then my brother said something that pissed me off and embarrassing me infront of his friend. “Cute? You have no idea how ugly my little sister is. She just acting to be cute to get your attention.” I cried and throw the pillow of his towards him, and shouted “I hate you, stupid brother!”

 

Back to present.
When Krystal and I reaches the scene, what we see is Jiyeon, she’s confessing while bending 90 degree and hands over the box of forrero Rocher in her hand to my brother. Surprisingly, my brother actually receive it with a nice manner. But I kind of know what’s happening next. So, I should stop him immediately but I was a bit late, I guess. The tall lad opens up his mouth, “Thanks for the chocolate anyway, this is my sister’s favourite. She might love it, I guess. Oh, by the way, I like girls who don’t like me. I love girls who hate me.”

See, he’s a jerk, I thought. He just never stop teasing people. I shook my head and trying to leave this scene before my brother notice me.
“Then, I hate you! Would you like to go out with me now?” I was shocked when Jiyeon still continue with this.
“Why on earth would I go out with someone who hates me? Hmph” He turns his back on her with a noticeable smirk clearly drawn on the edge of his lips.

“Suzy! You’re here! See what I got for you, your favourite forero~” He called my name and give me a hug from behind and showing off the chocolates infront of others. Of course, this isn’t the very first time he embarrassed me infront of others. I’m getting used to it day by day.
“Bae Myungsoo! Are you ing playing with me? How dare you! I finally able to brave up myself to confess to you and yet you… I’m deeply questioned that are you a ing sister-complex?” Jiyeon shouted to my brother on top of the lung.
“Just mind your own business, and bye.” After that, he drags me with him to the rooftop.

On the rooftop, where you can see the sight of entire school and maybe the town. Wind blows and ruffles my hair into quite mess, there’s a moment of silent, until he comes and fixes my hair. “You should drop that jerk-habit of yours.” I started, he didn’t reply. So I continue, “If you continue behaving like a jerk, you’ll never get a girlfriend.” He says, “Hey, let’s be honest. How do you think of me?”. “Jerk.” I answered, and chuckled. Not to mentioned that he’s listed on the top 3 handsome guy in our school. “Is it? Have you ever think that what would we be if we’re not siblings realationship.” I shook my head. He continues while staring at me, “Of all probabilities, I think we would be the perfect couple.” I retort back and laughed, “That would never happened, you know why? Because, we never get along.” But he seems serious about this issue.

Another silence fills the atmosphere. Until, someone unfold the door and called for oppa. “Myungsoo-hyung, don’t forget we have meeting about the robotic club later! And, hi Suzy noona!”
“Alright, jungkook-ah.” Oppa replies and walk towards Jungkook. I raised my hand and wave to Jungkook. They left.

 

 

Bae Suzy as herself
Kim Myungsoo as Bae Myungsoo
Krystal/Soojung as herself
Jungkook as himself