End

Angel in Bus #17

"I miss her...

I want to see her...
 
I want to hold her like how I use to..
 
But I can't..
 
 
"Seungcheol-ah!" A girl called out "Hana?..." Seungcheol's eyes widened as he heard the voice of his angel. He turned around and saw a beautiful girl in front of him "Hi Cheollie!!" The girl cheerfully greeted. Seungcheol's eyes start to tear up "Hana! it's you.." He touched her hand but his hand passes through.
 
"Silly Cheollie!" She laughed and ran away. "Wait! Hana!!" He ran after her as she headed to a bright light. She soon disappeared and Seungcheol was left alone..again.
 

 

Seungcheol looked at himself in the mirror after got dressed for work. There were dark bags under his eyes, his eyes are red, he got thinner too, his lips are chapped, and his skin is pale but what's very unusual about him is that his face doesn't even have a single expression. 
 
He has been this way since his girlfriend died. He feels like he's living in hell after he lost her.
 
After looking at his pathetic self in the mirror, he grabbed his bag and folders then he went out of the house. Its something he did in cycle after Hana died. He doesn't smile anymore, his friends are worried about his health because he hasn't been eating but he doesn't care. 
 
He went to the bus stop in front of their block where he'll be waiting for Bus 17.  The bus arrived shortly after he did. He entered the bus and saw familiar faces since he ride the bus with them everyday. But something catches his attention...
 
It was not something unusual or extraordinary..
 
But more like something familiar, very very familiar to him. It was a girl, sitting in one of the seat at the back while staring out of the window. The girl looks exactly like... Hana..but it can't be her. 
 
The doors of the bus closed and he went to sit on the only empty seat left which is beside the girl that looks like Hana. He sat there awkwardly, trying not to stare at the beautiful girl beside him. He gave her a glance instead but his eyes widened... the person beside him is a boy?!
 
He didn't realize that he was staring already "Uhm sir, are you okay?" The boy waved his hand in front of Seungcheol's face. He snapped from his thoughts "O-Oh! Yeah i'm fine.." he looked down on his lap, embarrassed. After almost 2 years, he finally showed an emotion other than sorrow and anger. 
 
He heard a giggle from the person beside him and he looked at him "What's so funny?" Seungcheol asked.
 
"Oh nothing.." the boy shrugged and smiled at Seungcheol "Oh wait! What's your name?" He excitedly asked. Seungcheol looked at him up and down , 'he doesn't look like a bad person so I guess its okay to talk to him..' he thought. "I'm Choi Seungcheol..and you are?" He asked.
 
"uhm...I'm.." He could have sworn that he saw the boy look up and tap his chin as if he was thinking then he looked back at Seungcheol with a smile. "I'm Jeonghan!" He said while smiling brightly.
 
"Jeonghan, I don't often see you on this bus.." Seungcheol continued the conversation because the boy looks so fun to talk to. "Yeah , .. I just moved to this area and this Bus drops me off to my school so you'll see me more often in this bus" He explained and Seungcheol nodded.
 
"You're a student?" Seungcheol raised his eyebrow. "Yup, I'm a college student" 
 
"How about you Seungcheol-ssi? Where are you off to?" Jeonghan asked , tilting his head and blinking cutely. 'He looks cute when he's asking a question..like Hana..they both tilt their heads like little kids.'
 
"I'm on my way to work.." He smiled a bit at Jeonghan's reaction who formed an "o" shape with his mouth and nods. "So can I call you hyung? Because I know you're older" He laughed softly.
 
"Sure , kid" Seungcheol nodded. The two talked for the whole 10 minutes about personal stuff like their favorite things and hobbies. It feels like forever since Seungcheol had a normal conversation with a person and made friends with someone. 
 
The bus stopped at the third stop which was 5 mins-walk away from Seungcheol's workplace. 
 
"I'll see you tomorrow Jeonghan" He smiled at the boy "Yes, hyung, i'll see you tomorrow" Jeonghan watched Seungcheol get off the bus and waves at him as the bus leaves.
 

 

After that day, Jeonghan and Seungcheol would always sit together in the bus and talk about each other's daily lives. In most conversations, Jeonghan makes Seungcheol talk about his day at work, he asks him he eats properly , he asks him if he had a good sleep, Jeonghan asks concerned questions to Seungcheol normally and Seungcheol finds it endearing. 
 
Everything was starting to get better for Seungcheol because of his new found friend.
 
"Jeonghan-ah.." He played with the others hair. "Yes hyung?" the boy looked at him, showing his cute smile that Seungcheol adores.
 
"I still don't know where you study, I'm getting kinda curious" Seungcheol smiled. "Why do you want to know hyung?" Jeonghan tensed. 
 
"I was just curious! Its unfair that you almost know everything about me but I don't even know where you study.." Seungcheol pouted his lips slightly. Jeonghan smiled at him and pinched his cheek "You don't need to know hyung.. Oh look, its your stop" Jeonghan pointed to the door. "I'll see you tomorrow?" Jeonghan asked.
 
"I can't see you tomorrow, I'll be going somewhere..." Seungcheol smiled and the bus stopped. "Where?" Jeonghan tilted his head. "Somewhere..." Seungcheol's face dropped at the thought and left the bus.
 
"What is the occasion tomorrow?" Jeonghan pouted and his eyes widened "Oh my gosh...I think I know.....where.." 
 

 

 
Seungcheol walked in the cemetery, passing by some tombstones till he reached Hana's tomb. 
 
"Hi Hana...I brought flowers for you.." He placed the flowers right on her tomb. He sat down on the grassy ground right in front of Hana's tomb "I met this boy...He's a college student and he looks like you.." He smiled "It's been a while since the last time I smiled after you died but he brought my smile back" 
 
"I wish I could introduce him to you.." after he said that, someone placed roses on top of Hana's tomb and he looked up, surprised.
 
"Jeonghan? How did you know where I am?" He asked. "I asked your neighbors and one of your neighbors brought me here, he just left" Jeonghan smiled.
 
"Oh.." Seungcheol looked back at the tomb while smiling softly "...uhm Hana, this is Jeonghan, the boy that I was talking about..." He smiled sweetly then he looked at the pretty boy "and Jeonghan, this is Hana, Jung Hana...my Girlfriend " Seungcheol said. The pretty boy sat beside Seungcheol. He gave a pitiful look to Seungcheol, seeing how the elder loved his Girlfriend that up until now he's still holding on to her. 
 
Seeing Seungcheol like that made Jeonghan sad and...guilty. He stared at the tomb "Was it hard for you..?" He asked while staring at the tomb. 
 
"What is?" 
 
"When i- she died, was it hard for you?" Jeonghan sounded very different. Seungcheol was surprised with his sudden question. "Yes, it was hard...very hard...It feels like I don't have any reason to live .." He smiled but a tear fell from his eye.
 
"Do you miss her..?" Jeonghan asked 
 
"Of course I do, I miss her a lot, I would do anything to hold her, to kiss her and to hug her again....." More tears escaped from Seungcheol's eyes, even Jeonghan started crying too. 
 
There was silence, only sobs can be heard but then, Jeonghan decided to speak up "I'm sure she misses you a lot...She probably did everything already just to talk to you...right now" Seungcheol looked at Jeonghan with a questioning look "What?.." Jeonghan looked back at him with tears streaming down his face
 
"I missed you so much, I wanted to hug you and t-tell you t-that i'm just beside you but I can't because they'll take me away and I won't be able to talk to you again! But now, I can tell you that I'm Hana...and I miss you so much Cheollie.." Jeonghan broke down as he confessed.
 
Seungcheol was dumbfounded with hot tears streaming continuesly from his eyes "Hana..?" 
 
"Yes it's me...cheollie.." Jeonghan's sobs got louder and he covered his face. Seungcheol doesn't know how to react, tears kept on streaming down from his face. He slowly leaned forward and wrapped his arms around the crying angel. 
 
After a few minutes of crying, the two pulled away from the hug and looked at each other's faces. "I missed you Hana..." Seungcheol leaned in and placed a soft kiss on Jeonghan's lips. "I missed you too...so much.." Jeonghan smiled softly.
 
"But how did this happen?" 
 
"Well, I have been watching you for the whole time that I was dead, I can't rest in peace till I see that you're doing fine. It breaks my heart to see you crying every night , when you're skipping meals and when you don't sleep just because you're thinking about me...so I was given a chance to talk to you and help you move on , I was lucky that the Angel of death helped me but there is a condition, I can't tell you that I am Hana until the day that was allotted to me will come to its end. " Jeonghan sighed "If I told you earlier, I'll go back as a ghost...and maybe won't be able to rest in peace..forever.." He said sadly.
 
Seungcheol held his hands "I'm really happy that you came back to me.." Tears fell from his beautiful eyes again. "but...since you told me the truth, that means you need to go soon.." Jeonghan nodded slowly. 
 
"Yes, you're right.." Jeonghan sighed "Lets cherish our remaining time together? Just for a little while.." He smiled brightly and Seungcheol nodded eagerly "I would love to!" 
 
The two stood up and walked to the bus stop near the gate of the cemetery , they were holding each other's hands tightly. The two went to an amusement park and rode some rides and ate cotton candies, just like a date. At the end of the day, the two were in front of a carousel. 
 
"Seungcheol.." Jeonghan held the elder's hand. "It's time to go.." He smiled.
 
Seungcheol's face fell. "Baby, don't be sad. I'll always watch over you." Jeonghan said while cupping Seungcheol's face. 
 
"I wish there were more time for us!" Seungcheol hugged Jeonghan tightly, sobbing on the angel's shoulders. "Me too but the time given to us was enough for me to help you and show you how much I love you..so I'm thankful" He said, trying not to cry.
 
Seungcheol looked at him and wiped his tears "You're right, ..." 
 
"I know I am"
 
"Why are you in a boy's body...anyway?" Seungcheol asked. "He's a suicidal boy, The Angel of death I could have his body for a while the boy's soul is at rest from all earthly stress" 
 
"I feel sorry for him.."
 
"Me too but he'll be fine, I know" 
 
The two stared at each other's face and kissed. It was a slow, passionate kiss. Every kiss was filled with love, affection, longing... 
 
Seungcheol reached for Jeonghan's hand but When their skin got in contact, he felt a cold skin instead. The two pulled away and looked down on Jeonghan's hand. It was getting paler ..
 
"It's time to go.." Jeonghan smiled. "I'm so happy that I get to take care of you even just for a little while, I'll miss you Cheollie, don't skip meals and sleep earlier, Take care of yourself because I won't be here to take care of you, " Jeonghan started crying and he hugged Seungcheol tightly. "I love you so much!" 
 
Seungcheol was crying for minutes now and he nodded "I-I love you too, watch over me while you're up there" Seungcheol sniffled.
 
"I will and I promise, something good will happen to you after this...I do need someone who will take care of you for me" Seungcheol was a bit confused with what the angel said. 
 
Jeonghan nodded and kissed Seungcheol one last time before collapsing. Hana's soul left the body and was replaced by the soul of the original owner. 
 
"Ouch.." Jeonghan looked up and saw Seungcheol crying right in front of him. "Erm...excuse me sir? Are you okay?" He asked. Seungcheol looked at the boy with wide eyes "Hana? Are you still there?!" 
 
The boy looked confused so he shook his head. "No, sir! My name is Jeonghan and i'm not a girl, I look like one but geez" He pouted then he stood up. "How did I get here?" He looked around. To his surprise, his legs were really wobbly that he almost fall again but Seungcheol was quick enough to catch the boy.
 
They made an eye contact, both male 's face were burning red. 
 
Seungcheol doesn't need to lie...he felt a spark. 
 
 

 

"Good morning~" Seungcheol wrapped his arms around the pretty angel. "Good Morning, Cheol-ah~ . I made breakfast" Jeonghan turned around and pecked the elder's cheeks.
 
After a year , Seungcheol and the real Jeonghan started dating. Seungcheol helped Jeonghan with his depression and Jeonghan helped Seungcheol recover from everything that happened to him and Hana.
 
Everything was back to normal for Seungcheol..now that he have an Angel that he met in bus #17.