Final

Walls Beneath These Fingers

 

 

He smiles. The rough, uneven patches of wallpaper grazes on the tips of his fingers. Another morning with the sweet smell of butter wifted from the breeze, and he giggles from joy. Good morning, he greets, and he gets pat on the head by the loving hand.

He knows it's not him, but still he's happy.

 


 

A familiar melody dancing in his ears, he smiles. He hears the familiar voice and he gets elated. He's elated but his heart sinks. Then, the door of the room opens, he springs up from bed.

"Good morning," the gentle voice said, kind and so tender.

He smiles and touches the wall.

"Wanna go to the park?"

He says yes without hesitation, and then he embraces him, letting himself sink into the lovely warmth.

He knows it's not him, but the feeling was nice.

 


 

Dust on his fingers, he pouts. When was the last time this place was cleaned? He inches closer to closet rack, hands on the wrinkly wall, and he gets stopped by a tight grip on his arm.

"What are you doing?"

He gulps. "I wanted to do some cleaning."

"I'll do it."

He pouts but then nods. Then a warm hand scruffles on his head.

He knows it's not him, but the touch was similar.

 


 

The walls were smooth, flawless, even. It was so smooth and so odd, he wonders; why was it so? He was lost. Evey bump and patch, he knew, and now he's lost.

"H-hyung!" he shouts. "Where are you?"

A gruff footsteps then urges towards him. He could hear the man's hefty breathing, and now he feels a little safe. 

"T-the walls!" he almost chokes.

"Calm down, Seungri."

The securing ardor envelops him, and he embraces him back so tightly and so needing. 

He knows it's not him, but it's delicate and pleasant.

"I'm earning more now," the sweet voice whispers to him. "I renovated this scruffy place. You don't like it?"

"No, I love it," he answers, digging onto the man's neck. 

His scent was as gentle as he is. Seungri didn't want to let go.

"Thank you, Jiyong-hyung."

A peck on his cheek, and he smiles.

"We have enough money now. You don't need to touch the walls anymore."

"But I like it. It's better than using something that makes me look so pitiful."

"It's not that. I can take you to the doctor now. We can get it fixed."

A tear in his eyes, and he nearly collapses on to the floor. 

He knows it's not him, but he's beyond elated.

 


 

 

There he stood, blurry but real. Everything was hazy, fog covering up even the beaming light from the windows. He shuts his eyes close, and then he opens it again. Before he knew it, everything's gradually getting clear, and now the tears in his eyes won't stop gushing out. 

The man nears towards, the bright rays of the sun illuminating his tan skin. "You're awake," he says with the widest smile. 

Seungri runs over to him, clings to him and he could feel his heart plummet. The overwhelming feeling of joy shakes him, and he's nowhere near himself. 

"Youngbae-hyung.."

It's not him, and now, they couldn't pretend anymore.