Chapter 01

Changkyuns' Glass ball
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Changkyun was weird.

He knew he was.

But now, it didn’t matter. It’s been a long time since he had started to live this way and there is no helping it now.

It’s nearly been three years. Three lonesome years, all by himself, stuck and trapped in a world he didn’t know how to tackle. Not many things helped him keep up with life either. Waking up every morning, stuff bread for breakfast and scouting for lunch and dinner had never been how he wanted to live.

Truthfully, he’s torn in his heart.

But he can’t bring himself to end his life, or to go back.
He’s not sure if he can go back, see his family again, his mother, his farther, his brother, his dog… he doesn’t know if he can. The funny thing was, that he didn’t want to find out.

That’s why, all these three years, he never tried to look.

Changkyun knows that people here could go back. He didn’t know how and he didn’t want to find out. Because despite all his incompetence, he knew one thing for sure.
If he would go back, there is no coming back.

Because he is no wizard.
He is only a human.
But everyone else, weren’t.

But there were things he did, other than scout for food to barely keep him alive. He read, books by a pound. He was more confident in his spells than the wizard who rent him his attic upstairs to live in.

“Ascaris Lucnata” He whispered, standing by the door of the small antiques shop. Every time he tried, the knob wriggled the slightest, but it never turned. Sighing, he opens it himself and stepped in. It truly was a humble shop, filled with anything and everything Changkyun could think of. The layers of yellow dust gave everything a faded appearance, shining the least in the morning sun.

“Doesn’t open does it?” The shopkeeper and owner, a wizard in his mid-fifties laughed. Changkyun made a face and rolled his eyes. “I’m going to give up trying one of these days.” He said, shaking his head.

The old man had been a good chat since Changkyun had discovered the tiny place. He was much brighter and chubbier and elderly than the lanky old man with a pale long face who rented him his attic, and Changkyun has grown quite attached to the stout shop keeper since the last few months.

Changkyun is what he called a ‘regular customer’.

“Guessing by your face I bet you got few pounds on you.” The shopkeeper eyed, and Changkyun nodded. “A few. Chimneys weren’t so bad.” He admitted. For the past week he had been walking around with a funny brush on his shoulder, asking those rude maids if they wanted a chimney cleaned.

Char covered him but a bath cleaned him. The job didn’t bother Changkyun much. It kept him fed.

The old man sighed, feeling sorry for the boy.

“I found something.” He said, a minute later, as if he was reminded of it just then. “I got this a long time ago.” He said, producing a glass ball with a flat bottom, a sort of paper-weight. The glass was a slightly green color, adding a strange sparkle to it. Changkyun bent to the counter to see clearly, and the detail of the figure inside amazed him.

The ball was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter