Final

Caught in the Rain

“Great,” Sanghyuk huffed, looking up as the sky darkened in, “it’s going to start raining before we get home.”

“That’s fine with me,” Jaehwan shrugged, “I happen to love the rain.”

“It’s not a matter of enjoying the rain,” Sanghyuk told him, “it’s a matter of not getting soaked to the bone. And that’s exactly what’s going to happen to us because we don’t have an umbrella.”

Jaehwan just hummed, skipping along just ahead of his boyfriend. He didn’t mind if they got soaked. It just wasn’t a big deal to him, so when the rain started up Jaehwan smiled.

Sanghyuk watched as Jaehwan started playing in the rain, dancing around and giggling to himself as the rain drops hit his face. Whenever they passed a puddle, Jaehwan would jump in it, splashing the water everywhere, just like a child. Honestly, Jaehwan just looks so cute playing in the rain that Sanghyuk couldn’t help but smile as he watched his lover have fun.

“Sanghyukkie,” Jaehwan laughed, holding out a hand, “join me!”

Sanghyuk couldn’t say ‘no’ to Jaehwan, especially when he looked so happy.

By the time they arrived at their apartment, both were soaked to the bone. Jaehwan’s cloths were practically glued to his skin thanks to how wet they had become and Sanghyuk regretted not getting the other inside sooner. Not that Sanghyuk looked much better because he didn’t.

“Get inside and strip,” Sanghyuk suggested as he unlocked the door.

“Sanghyuk,” Jaehwan teased, “if you wanted me, all you had to do was ask. We could have--.”

“Jaehwan,” Sanghyuk gave him an unimpressed look, “you get out of those wet cloths and I’ll get us some dry ones and a towel to dry our hair. Alright?”

“Alright,” Jaehwan sighed before entering the apartment and doing as told.

Sanghyuk instantly stripped himself of his wet cloths, dropping them and wincing slightly at the wet slap that rang out when they made contact with the floor. Deciding it was best to hang their cloths up in the laundry room now instead of later, he gathered both his and Jaehwan’s cloths before heading off. Jaehwan, now alone in their living room, decided to clean up the puddles they’d left by the door while he waited for Sanghyuk to return.

“Dress and sit on the couch,” Sanghyuk said when he returned a few moments later, already dressed in a lose fitting pair of track pants, “I’ll dry your hair.”

“Alright,” Jaehwan replied, smiling happily to himself when he realized that Sanghyuk had grabbed one of his shirts. He always loved wearing his boyfriend’s clothing.

“Are you cold?” Sanghyuk asked once Jaehwan was sitting down and he’s started to dry his hair.

“Not really,” Jaehwan told him, “well, maybe my fingers are a little chilly, but these cloths are nice and warm. Did you just get them out of the dryer?”

“Kind of,” Sanghyuk shrugged, “I tossed them in for a few seconds. Just to warm them up a little bit for you.”

“Thank you,” Jaehwan grinned, turning around and taking the towel from Sanghyuk so that he could dry his lover’s hair.

“Want to watch a movie once my hair’s dry?” Sanghyuk asked, thoroughly enjoying the feeling of Jaehwan drying his hair.

“That would be nice,” Jaehwan smiled, “we can get a bunch of pillows and blankets from the closet and curl up in bed. We can even get, like, some popcorn or something.”

“No food,” Sanghyuk shot that part of the idea down, “not after last time. It’s not worth the mess.”

“True,” Jaehwan nodded after thinking it over, “so no food, but we can still watch a movie in bed, right?”

“Yeah,” Sanghyuk nodded, leading over to press a quick kiss to Jaehwan’s lips, “I think my hair is dry. You wanna get the movie ready while I get the extra pillows and blankets?”

“Deal,” Jaehwan grinned, getting up and rushing off to do as asked.

Sanghyuk smiled as he watched Jaehwan go before heading off to complete his own task.  Later, when Jaehwan had fallen asleep half way through the third movie, head resting on Sanghyuk’s chest, Sanghyuk decided that the next time it rained he would take Jaehwan out to play in it. If that day ended like this one had, it would be worth getting soaked to the bone.

A/N: fluffy Hyuken has got to be one of my favorite things to write in the world. It’s just so…..sweet and fluffy.