WRECKED BRIDESMAID

His Infamous Bride

Image credits to: seoul-lyrics.tumblr.com

 

What's the best thing to do in your bestfriend's wedding?

ANSWER: Be the emotional wreck that you are and drink a whole load of crap the whole night in a bar, away from  everyone else in that ty reception.

 


 


"Huh? Where am I?" I mumbled as I scratched my head. I've been wondering around for a while now yet, I can't seem to recall where I am. I looked around in this somewhat weird place trying to look for any sign of a human so that I can ask for directions but, found none. 'Exactly what is this place?' I thought. Okay, so there are trees with giant colorful leaves all around, huge vines, a moist ground and a melancholic aura hanging around this place. It's like a scene in Alice in wonderland. Wait, is this what I think it is? Is this Wonderland? Heh, I don't think so.

 

 

I made my way through this path with giant vines hanging from random trees. In the end of the path I could see light shining through and I think, I could here people talking and cheering. With curiosity b up on my system, I hastily made my way through.

 

 

"Wait, why does this place look familiar? Why do these people seem familiar?"

 

 

I walked around the place and tried to talk to some of these familiar looking people but, they ignored me. It almost seemed like they didn't see me. 'So, I'm invisible now?' I thought somewhat annoyed that the people I approached and kindly asked for help just plainly ignored me. I walked around more and found a person I'm more familiar with standing from a afar and talking to another person with this huge smile on her face. Come to think of it, everyone here was smiling. Weird...

 

 

Without wasting any much time, i approached her. Her hair was blonde and she was wearing a nice purple dress. 'Hm, I like purple...' I thought randomly. "Hey, Jess! Can you tell me where I am?" I asked her but, like everyone else, she just ignored me and continued to talk to the person she was talking earlier. What irked me was that i didn't fail to notice that slight glare she gave me. 'So, if I'm invisible.. she can't see me right? Well, duh... but, what's with that glare?' i thought.

 

 

The person she was talking to left and that leaves me and her. Okay maybe it just leaves her.. and a random invisible person. Yeah, that's more accurate. I tried to talk to her again. Maybe this time, she's gonna notice me. "Jess.. why am I here? Why is everyone here? What is this place?" I asked. She turned her head in my direction. Her face was expressionless and her eyes were cold. "So, you forgot.." she said coldly. "Just wait and see...."

 

 

So, I'm not invisible?

 

 

Music started playing and a girl in a white dress came in and walked in the aisle. 'oh so it's a wedding..' I thought. She had a thin smile on her face. By the looks of it, she looked happy. But, when i looked deeper in her eyes, she looked unsure. Now, I'm wondering why I can so easily read her. What's wrong with me?

 

 

She walked more but her pace was getting slower and slower until she halted to a stop midway the altar. "Wait, this can't be! NO.. this really can't be.." I panicked. The girl looked at her groom with a sorry expression then abruptly run out the church. Everyone gasped by the sudden turn of events. "No! That can't be.... me.." I mumbled as i too ran out the church with tears trickling down my face. I followed the bride (which was actually me) but, soon after I lost sight of her. "Where did I go?" I mumbled.

 

 

Why do I feel so heavy?

 

 

I looked down at myself and to my horror, I was wearing a wedding dress. "No! This can't be happening!" I screamed until I couldn't hold it any longer. I broke down and cried. I cried my eyes out. The sudden pain hit me again. It's the feeling I hated the most but felt the most accustomed to. It was regret.

 

 

Suddenly, a thunder sound was heard. The skies were turning gray and as expected, rain drops started falling from the sky. Great, it's raining! Raining.. it's raining.. Just like his promise, just like the old times.. It’s different now..

 

 

"Yah! why did you ran after me? Why did you give me your coat?" The younger me scolded the younger him. "You're wet! What if you get sick?" I continued. Rain still continued to fall as we stood on a corner which had a small roof. It was small but it was enough for both of us to be sheltered in.

 

The smile on his face never faltered as raindrops trickled from his soaked hair to his face. "Don't worry Taeng, as long as your dry.. It's okay if I get sick." he said cheekily. My young heart couldn't help but flutter with his words for I can tell that he was sincere.

 

"But, I don't want you to be sick..." I said as a pout formed in my lips.

 

His smile grew wider. "It's okay, as long as you're not the one who gets stick.." he said as he caress my hand which was still intertwined with his. "Just remember that when every time it rains and you don't have an umbrella.. expect me to always be there to give you my coat. Or umbrella, it doesn't really matter.. as long as i protect you from the rain. That's a promise.."

 

I remembered my face getting all pink and hot. "Cut the crap. You're so cheesy~~" I remarked although i really liked what he said. It made my heart beat faster which, I loved. A bitter but somewhat amused laugh escaped his lips. "But seriously though.. always?" i said sheepishly.

 

'Yes, always"

 

"Until I die?"

 

"Yes, until you die you dimwit"

 

 

Yes, it's different now. Completely different for he's not with me anymore. He broke his promise but, I know to well that it's no where near his fault. i don't even have the right to accuse him of breaking his promise... because it's my fault. It's my fault he broke his promise.

 

 

Suddenly, a loud simultaneous ring filled my ears. Oh wait, that's just my ringtone. So, someone's calling me and this is just a dream. I fluttered my eyes open and realized that it was just a dream. A nightmare to be exact. I groggily reached for my phone on my nightstand beside my bed. I groaned audibly as I pressed answer. 

 

 

"Yeobo---"

 

 

"Yah! Where are you? My wedding's starting in 3 hours! You still need to get ready!" Tiffany's loud voice boomed which led me to farther my phone from my ears; afraid that i might suffer from a bleeding ear if this loud ruckus continues.

 

 

"Miyoung-ah, relax. I'll be there in a sec. More specifically, I'm on my way right now." i lied just cause I like playing with her. Kekekeke. I'm so gonna be dead if she finds out that I'm still in bed!

 

 

"Okay, just make sure you'll be---- wait a second" she paused as her accusing voice trailed off. "Kim Taeyeon, are you lying to me?" she accused.

 

 

"No.." 

 

 

"Okaaaay.. as I was saying, make sure that you'll be here on time. There's still a lot of things to be done." She nagged. I rolled my eyes, somewhat thankful that she can't see me right now.

 

 

"Okay. Okay. I'll be there on time. Don't worry." I said as I got off from my bed and went to the bathroom so that I can take my speed bath and then, get ready for Miyoung's wedding.

 

 

Today's going to be a pretty long day...

 

 


 

 

So yeah...

 

 

Miyoungie got married and blah blah blah everyone was happy and there were cheers and they kissed, more cheers and guess where we are now (most likely, guess where I am now). Yes people! The reception! The highlight of every wedding. Well, at least for me it is. There's food, drinks, dancing and oh, more food! Actually, I only care for the food. I couldn't care less about the dancing and people.

 

 

You might be thinking that I'm not happy for Miyoung. Well, I for one am very happy for her. I'm proud that she finally tied the knot with her long time beau. Now, she can have what she has always dreamed off: a family of her own. 

 

 

Well as for me I finally have what I've been waiting for o-so-long now. Yeap, you guessed it: Food.

 

 

"Taeyeon-ah.. stop eating like a pig.." said Jessica who was seating beside me along with the other bridesmaids in pink dresses. 

 

 

I chewed and swallowed the last bits of food in my mouth then scowled at her. "Excuse me but I for one, don't eat like a pig.." I said as I cleaned my mouth with a napkin. How dare she say I eat like a pig? I am offended.

 

 

"Um.. you do.." she accused.

 

 

"No.. I---"

 

 

"Hey girls! Mind if we take a pic?" said Tiffany as she settled behind me and Jessica along with her groom: Seunghyun. The photographer went up front and signaled us to huddle closer and so, we did. Lights flashed multiple times then off they went to another table.

 

 

 

"Ugh" I groaned. "I'll just go to the restroom. Be back in a sec~" I said as I made my way to the ladies room.

 

 

"M'kay~"

 

 


 

 

Taeyeon made her way to the restroom humming a random song as she bobed her head side to side once in a while. Once she got to her destination, the first thing she did was go to the sink. She propped her hands on the sides of the marble sink as she looked at herself from the mirror that was placed before her. She studied her self slowly.

 

 

She suddenly wondered why she felt so down the whole day. What is the fact that her best friend was getting married and she wasn't? Or was it the fact that she feels lonely? Maybe it's both. Maybe it's neither. She suddenly cursed herself for thinking about these things again. She sighed deeply as she took the last glance on herself then, went out of the comfort room.

 

 

With her head bent down, she made her way back to her assigned table. She needed to pull herself together. She didn't want to be like this again; wallowing in regret and blaming herself for everything that happened in the past. She's been trough that already, no need for her to crack once again.

 

 

"Yah. Taeyeon-ah, why are you being like this? It's not like you to be like this. Be strong like you've always have been." A voice said inside her head. She halted her steps and raised her bent head immediately.

 

 

"Conscience, is that you?" she muttered almost like a whisper as she darted her eyes from side to side. Once she got no reply, she let out her breath that she didn't even realize she was holding for quite a while now. Maybe she's starting to hallucinate, she thought.

 

 

She bent her head down again, not wanting to meet eyes with people as she continued to make her way to her table. "Taeyeon, dear..." Suddenly she heard a voice again. "Conscience is that you again?" she thought as she raised her head once again and met eyes with Tiffany's aunt. She suddenly felt so dumb for thinking that her conscience was talking to her.

 

 

"Oh, annyeong ahjoomoni~" She said quite taken aback with the sudden appearance of Tiffany's aunt but bowed down none the less. "It's been quite a while, how are you?" She asked the older lady who took care of her best friend when she was little. Since her and Tiffany practically grew up together, she also shared a mother-daughter bond with Tiffany's aunt.

 

 

"I'm fine, same as always. Not getting any younger though.." the older lady laughed heartily at her own joke and taeyeon can only smile and nod along. "How abut you dear? How's life?"

 

 

"Yeah.. same old, same old." Taeyeon replied, slightly giggling at the end.

 

 

"When's your turn?" the older lady suddenly asked. 

 

 

"Huh? I'm sorry.. I don't understand you ahjoomoni.." she asked perplexed. "When's my turn... what?"

 

 

The older lady had a knowing look before she replied. "You know, when's your turn getting married?" she asked with a sly grin on her wrinkly face.

 

 

Taeyeon can't help but feel offended, hurt, shocked and sad at the same time. For a long time nobody has ever dared to ask her that question. But, it's not the old lady's fault though. She never knew about that incident 3 years ago and no one dared to talk about it again. And for "no one" I mean, her closest of friends that knew about that incident and still have connection to her.

 

 

For a moment there, she was confused. What would she reply. Should she go with: "I don't know ahjoomoni, I almost got married once but then, I ran away. too bad isn't it?" or should she go with: "I'm too much of a coward to get married. Marriage is not for me." More thoughts of possible replies flooded her mind. She could only laugh to herself because for one unknown reason, all these thoughts are like arrows piercing her heart one by one but she can't help but feel content. This feeling she's very much accustomed to is invading her once again and for the very first time in 3 years, she was thankful for that. For know she knew that she deserved to wallow herself in self-pity and feeling happiness was a thing she doesn't deserve.

 

 

Tears threaten to fall but, she blinked them away. "I’m sorry.. I need to go..." her voice trailed off as she dashed out of that reception hall leaving behind a very confused old lady.

 

 

Few moments passed of her running around the entire hotel looking for some place she could just settle until she found herself on one of the may bars in the hotel, ordering a glass of beer. When her order was served, she didn't hesitate to chug it down. After her first go at drinking, she settled the glass down only to find a half empty cup. She drummed the fingers of her right hand on the wooden table while her other hand was tightly secured on her glass of beer as she hummed a random song. 

 

 

Moments passed again and Taeyeon was now surrounded by multiple empty glasses of beer and one that was just about to be emptied. She was lying on her right arm which was in some way folded against the wooden table with her left hand gripping tightly on her 6th glass of beer. She was singing loudly with slurred and incoherent words catching the attention of the people inside the bar. She was dead drunk.

 

 

"I THINK I'M UGLEHHH AND NOBODEHH WANTS TO LUBH MEHH~!!!" She sang loudly as she dangerously swayed from side to side with her arms raised above her head. The bartender from the other side of the table can only shake his head half amused and half annoyed with this girl in the pink dress.

 

 

"pon~ pon~" Taeyeon's phone rang simultaneously signaling that someone was calling her. She grabbed her phone begrudgingly, annoyed for the fact that someone was interrupting her "party time". She pressed answer and a loud shriek of words welcomed her.

 

 

"YAH! TAEYEON-AH! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!" Yelled Jessica from the other line. She was partly pissed off and partly annoyed with Taeyeon. She was pissed because when it was their turn to sing a duet song for Tiffany, she didn't show up and she was worried because.. who friend doesn't ger worried when their friend suddenly disappeared?

 

 

"Mmmmmh~ I'm here~" Taeyeon slurred.

 

 

"Here where?--wait, ARE YOU DRUNK?" Jessica asked incredulously. How can her friend be somewhere else drinking when it's for the love of God their other it's their friend's wedding?

 

 

"Hmmm..."

 

 

"OH MY GOD. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU!" Jessica exclaimed in English with the most perfect accent.

 

 

"Kekekeke.. I can't belieevvee me chu.. kekeke" Taeyeon replied in English too but with a heavy Korean accent.

 

 

"Ugh.." Jessica scoffed in annoyance. "God... Just---- ....Ugh!" Then the line went dead.

 

 

Tayeon called for the bartenders’ attention and asked for her bill. After she paid for an amount she's not even sure of how much, she swayed herself out of the bar.

 

 


TAEYEON'S POV:

 

"I'm going home~~~" I sang as I made the last steps out of the hotel. As soon as I did, a loud thunder sound was heard the, rain drops started to fall from the gray sky. "It's raining? Interesting~~" I thought as I stepped out on the rain without hesitation.

 

 

"STOP RAINING! JIYONG'S SOOOO GONNA BE MAD AT YOU! RAIN, YOU'RE SOAKING ME! DAMN YOU." I yelled. Why isn't this rain stopping?! Aish~ I hate this. I hate my life. I hate everything.

 

 

I continued walking aimlessly under the rain. "Where do i go now?" I thought. Without me noticing, I started to sob. Tears flowed down from my eyes like water falls. All these years of crying, I thought my tears docks would by dry by now. I guess not. Bitter sobs continued to be heard as I slowly swayed home. But then, i couldn't take it no more. Sobs turned into cries. And slowly I noticed that i was crying out his name over and over again like a broken record. I'm so pathetic.

 

 

I continued to sob as i slowly lifted my head up, trying to look for a way home. But what surprised me was instead the view of a lonely street welcoming my sight, a man in a black hooded jacket was what I saw. "Great~ I'm gonna be in any second now.." i thought.

 

 

Suddenly I felt myself being hoisted up and being carried in a piggy back position. I couldn't care less. He can me all he wants, do anything he wants to do to me.. I don't give a . My life's a hole anyways.. why not make it any tier?

 

 

But what surprised me in my semi sober state was when he grabbed an umbrella and led me somewhere. Somewhere i don't know exactly. "Great~ I'm about to be kidnapped.." i thought.

 

 

"Yah!" I yelled as i smacked his head. i lied. I didn't wanna be nor kidnapped.

 

 

"Shut up." I hear him mumble. "I can't believe I'm doing this.." he mumbled again.

 

 

Then, before i knew it, I passed out.

 

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

So.. how was this first chap? Was it okay?

Tell me what you think in the comments below. Please?

I hope I met with your expectations.. if not, I'm sorry :(

 

OTL. I've been so lazy this couple of weeks. I'm sorry for not updating guys.

I'll also try to update PWD soon. ^^

 

Just, please, please, please be patient with me, okay?

That's about it.

 

Oh and HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :D

-- Kat ♥