It was gone.

Gone

I woke up thinking that this day would be just another ordinary day.

All of them will be busy with their own stuff and I’m stuck here at home.

 

Alone.

 

Onew will be going to rehearse for the play.

Minho will be recording for Dream Team.

Taemin is going over to his cousin’s house.

But I don’t have to worry. They’ll be home before dinner.

Jonghyun… well, he’s always gone. I don’t know. We barely talk these past few weeks.

 

I know something was up.

Maybe he’s just tired that’s what I thought.

Usually, he would talk to me whenever something bothers him or he’s just too happy.

I know he’ll tell me whatever it is in his mind eventually.

 

I got up from my bed and went to the kitchen to make myself a hearty breakfast.

I cooked two bacon strips and an egg.

Just when I was about to eat, I remembered to take the daily newspaper outside the door.

I walked to the door, turned the knob and pull it. And then I saw it.

 

There it was; the daily newspaper at the doorstep.

I hesitated to pick it up but I can’t leave the door open for too long.

After a minute or two I decided to get it, went inside the dorm and shut the door behind me.

 

What’s this?

How come he didn’t even tell me?

Did they already know about this?

Thoughts and assumptions kept pouring in my head and I felt dizzy.

I felt like my mind was going to explode any minute.

 

So this is why Onew, Minho and Taemin we’re so good to me.

They even volunteered to do the chores I was supposed to do.

This is the reason they go home immediately after their schedules and spend lots of time with me.

I should’ve known.

 

I stood there staring at the front page of the paper I was holding. As if allowing the pages eat me alive.

 

“Kim Jonghyun  and Shin Se Kyung confirmed to be dating.”

 

And then it hit me. We were nothing more than band mates. What I said in the recent interview came true.

 

 

 

It was my fault. I thought too much.

 

 

 

For me, love happened too fast and before I even realized what the cause was or what went wrong, it was gone.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading. Sorry for any grammatical error made.

Comments are highly appreciated. This is my first fic to be posted here so I'm abit nervous as to what the readers thinks about my work. So please do leave comments or suggestions if it's okay with you :)