Haunted Barn

Haunted Barn - Sungyeol

I’ll be over in 10 minutes

A message scrolled across the top of your screen as you read it with a smile slowly pulling on the corner of your lips. Walking over to the closest mirror, you fixed your hair one last time as your eyes then shifted from your hair to your outfit as you made sure everything was perfect before your boyfriend arrived.

Around ten minutes later, there was a playful knock at your front door, trotting up to the door, you quickly flipped the locks and opened the door to see your boyfriend, Sungyeol, standing there with a bright smile on his face and his hands slid into the pockets of his jeans.

“Hey Cutie Pie” He sang, blush starting to fill his cheeks now as he lightly shuffled from one of his feet to the other.

“Hey Handsome, come on in” You smiled and stepped aside, allowing him to walk through your door as you closed the door behind him.

“Can I get you anything?” You questioned, wanting to be a good host and girlfriend

“Hrmmmm, do you have the latest video game?” He questioned with bright hopeful eyes.

“A-Ah…” You stammered, your fingers going up to the ends of your hair as you twirled a small bundle of hair around your fingers.

“I guess I will just have to wait til Christmas then” He giggled, his hand lifting up then rubbing your back slowly, letting you know he was just teasing.

“Well I got you something… but it wasn’t a video game” You told him, your eyes dropping to the floor.

“Y-You got me something?” He questioned obviously surprised.

“I did~” You nodded your head, lifting your eyes a little as you turned to lock your eyes with his.

“You didn’t have to” He chuckled a little, his brown eyes looking back into yours.

“I wanted to” You told him, your eyes shifting over to the kitchen where you knew you stashed it. Walking over to the counter, a cute paper bag was decorated up to be a white friendly ghost sat on your clean counter, slipping your finger through the handles, you trotted back over to Sungyeol.

“Here you are~” You smiled and held out the bag as a large smile pulled his lips apart revealing his beautiful smile.

“Thank you!” He bounced a little before taking the bag and happily peering inside to see the contents. “How did you know what my favorite candies were?!”

Watching him pull out the three different bags of candy, you smiled as your fingers played with one another.

“I didn’t know if you would get to go trick-or-treating or not so I got you some candy” You told him your reasoning as his eyes wondered over the bags of candy.

“Now I wish I would have brought you some candy too…” He mumbled, carefully placing the candy back into the bag.

“Don’t worry, you are the treat for me today” You slipped your hand into his free one as he bit his bottom lip trying to hide another smile from claiming his lips.

“Why don’t we go see the fall colors before they fall” He offered as you smiled brightly and nodded before the two of you skipped out the door and down to the parking lot as he guided you to where he parked his car.

Approaching his 1990 pick up truck, he opened the door for you and let you slide in before he closed the door tightly. Moving around his truck, he opened the driver’s door and sat behind the wheel before he pushed his key into the ignition and started the old engine. Slipping his phone out of his pocket, he rested it on his leg as he turned down the radio and backed up to head out of the parking lot. Soon after he merged with traffic, his phone rang and he lifted the phone up to his ear and answered it.

“Yes Sunggyu… I will be right over…. yeah” Sungyeol answered as you heard the slightly babbling of Sunggyu on the phone. Watching him pull the phone away from his ear, he turned his gaze towards you for a moment.

“I’m sorry but Sunggyu wants me to go pick up something for the guys….” He his lips gently, hoping that you weren’t angry at him for the change of plans.

“Don’t worry, that kind of sounds like a fun idea to me” You told him with a smile.

“Alright then~” He chuckled a little before turning off into a neighborhood to change his course. “I’ll make it up to you though”

The two of you sat on opposite ends of the truck cab as the truck passed under trees hanging over the streets, their colorful leaves letting some light filter through before the breeze caught the weaker leaves and brushed them off of the trees.

“I love these types of streets” You smile, rolling down your window a little to smell the fresh, crisp air of fall around you.

“I do too, it just makes everything seem cozy” He says with a smile, glancing in your direction a little longer than last time. “Y-You know, you could scoot to the middle seat….”

Looking over at him, his hand gently patted the seat next to him as you just smiled and unbuckled your seatbelt for a moment, sliding over into the seat between the two of you, you buckled yourself back in as his hand laced with yours.

“How’s that?” You questioned, looking at him and his cheek turning a little redder

“Much better” He hummed, his thumb brushing over your fingers slowly as he drove through the neighborhoods before it connected with a two lane highway.

Watching the rolling hills pass outside of your window, he carefully wrapped his arm around your shoulder as your head rested on his secure shoulder. Moving one of your hands into his hand that was around you, you smiled and let your eyes close, your week slowly melting away moment by moment you were in his arms. The sound of his heartbeat and the constant movement of the car soon lulled you to sleep after your school intensive week.

Sungyeol’s finger gently brushed against yours once and a while as he felt your body relax against his. Glancing down at you, he saw you fast asleep on him as he reclined a little making it comfier for you as he continued to drive across the rolling hills.

Feeling the car leave the pavement and it’s wheels bounce and absorb some of the shock that the rocky dirt road had in store you began to wake and stir a little in his arms. Sungyeol glanced at you, but didn’t want to point out that you had been sleeping.

“I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to fall asleep” You mumbled, rubbing your eyes lightly.

“It is alright, you needed your sleep from all of the tests you have been taking” He gave you a warm smile as you nodded and looked out the front window, seeing the two of you pull up to an older looking barn and farm house.

“W-What are we doing here Yellie?” You wondered, looking around as he slowed his car to a stop.

“I have to go get something inside the barn, did you want to come with me?” He questioned slightly as he opened his door, allowing the cool air to rush into the warm car.

“I’ll wait here for you~” You told him, nodding he closed the door and slipped his hands into his pockets as he walked around the rusted old tractor and slipped through the pried open doors of the barn.

Looking at the time on your phone, you checked on a few things before ten then fifteen minutes had passed. Pulling up Sungyeol’s number, you typed him a text not wanting to overreact or overworry.

Are you okay? Do you need help?

You sent as you watched the message send. However his phone vibrated and the screen lit up on his dash. Pulling his phone off of the dash, you slid your thumb across the screen, unlocking it with ease to see your message waiting for it to be read.

“Choading…” You mumbled under your breath, looking around, you tried to sense for any movement. However with time passing by and no sign of him, you slowly opened the drivers’ door and stepped outside.

Cautiously following his path that you saw him take a long time ago, you pushed opened the large barn doors slightly to see the light slip through the separating boards creating the walls. Dust slowly settled as the particles were seen with the small amount of light.

“Sungyeol?” You called quietly, your eyes scanning the place slowly, your feet slowly stepped over the fine dirt as hay bales and an old car, half uncovered sat in the stalls.

“Yeollie?” You called, feeling slightly more on edge the more you walked around.

Passing a ladder that lead up to the hay loft, you reached the far end of the barn with no sight of your boyfriend. A groaning board caught your attention as you turned around just in time to see something jump from overhead and land in front of you.

Flinching a little, you watched as the dark hood slowly tilted upwards as a pair of lighted eyes glared at you.

“Sungyeol!” You screamed in panic as the man started to walk towards you, stepping back, he nodded his head as old ropes were pulled tight as you screamed being lifted up into the air. Grasping the old ropes with your hands, your heart pounded fast with adrenaline.

Your eyes adjusted to the darkness as you hung up up with the beams of the roof, trying to think your way out of this, you moved a little seeing what you were up against.

A wisp of air slowly passed by you as you snapped your head around to see if anyone was there, however a faint figure stood there tall and proud, blinking your eyes, you opened them once again and the figure was gone.

Feeling more and more energy flood into your muscles, you pulled and tugged at the ropes trying to do anything to get out of here.

“Jagiya?” Sungyeol questioned, running through the main door of the barn, his head turning and searching for you

“Help!” You called as you were still suspended up in the air.

“Jagiya….” He stopped in his tracks once he saw you

“Help me please…” You begged, tears starting to brim your eyes as you couldn’t see a way out of this without his or anyone elses’ help

“Hrmmmm, I don’t think I will” He folded his arms across his chest as he peered up at you trying hard not to smile.

“Yah!~” You screamed

“You already gave me a treat, I needed to trick you~” He giggled as waved at you and people started to crawl out of dark corners as he quickly turned and ran out of the barn, clashing of metal and the starting of your car gave you a sense of desperation.

Finally breaking one of the weakened ropes, you wiggled your way out of the rope bag and eased yourself down onto the upper hay loft. Trotting across the rotted wood, you slid down the ladder and ran out the front door, in attempts to catch Sungyeol before he had left.

“Happy Halloween!” The members cheered as they sat on the tailgate of an old rusted truck with jack-o-laterns and candy across the bed.

“We really scared you didn’t we?” Dongwoo happily called as the rest of the members were surrounding the bed of the truck.

“Y-You did…” You mumbled, feeling a little defeated that you got scared so easily. Your eyes slowly moved around the group as you pieced together the prank.

Hoya was the black man with the glowing eyes, Sungjong was the ghost while Sunggyu, Myungsoo, Dongwoo and Woohyun were sound effects and making sure that the prank was pulled off with the rope bag being lifted into the air and Sungyeol lured you towards the prank.

“Why?” You questioned as Sungyeol’s arms wrapped around you slowly.

“We wanted to prank you, it is the best holiday of all” Sungyeol rocked you as you leaned back in his arms.

“Of course you know, this means war for next year” You told them as they laughed and passed around the candy.