final(ly oh my gosh)

Lovesick
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                    *photo is irrelevant but hey they're so cute

Park Jimin's P.O.V

Basically I'm sick, but don't worry, I'm not going to die. Actually no, I guess someday I'll die, but that's probably when I'm old and weary, or maybe not, you'll never know when you die, but I'm not here to talk about death, actually, death is the least of my problems right now.

My problem is him.

Yes him. Out of all the things I could be stressing about, it's him, the guy that doesn't even know I exist. It's been two years since the first time I saw him, this year was my third year of knowing his name, but him still not knowing mine, it's tragic, really, if you think about it, crushing over some guy a year older than you who probably looks at you like a junior, it . As cliché as this sounds it's true, I swear, or maybe not I mean I'm not 100% sure he's real, he's too perfect to be true. The thing is Yoongi's image in this school is mysterious, he keeps isolating himself from everyone and his only friend is Kim Seokjin, the school's heartthrob, I've heard rumors that they were together but I didn't believe them, they're just rumors after all. He doesn't get bullied, in fact most people find his mysterious image cool, a few girls swoon after Yoongi as he walks by as well. But no matter what anyone did they would never get over his walls, they were just too high, only Seokjin could break through, I found myself constantly envious over him, but you can't blame me, Kim Seokjin is hot —flaming hot even. Wouldn't you be jealous if a hot guy was best friends with the person you've been crushing on since sophomore year? I think you would.

But really though, I am sick, I have type one diabetes, it's not that serious but I have to get a shot of insulin every day to, well, stay alive. But that's probably overreacting. I'm not sure when I got it but I was still in primary the time I found out. I had no idea what was going on, my mom kept crying and dad was trying to help her calm down but I stayed still not knowing what to say.

My friend, Namjoon, was sitting next to me under the huge tree near the basketball court and complaining about how his physical education grade was below average. I shrugged not knowing what to say. He kept talking about some stuff I couldn't hear because I was too focused on the guy who was playing, it was Yoongi, the guy I've been crushing over. I nodded at times every time I heard Namjoon stop talking but really I didn't understand a word he said. He kept saying some babble that I didn't care too much about but since he just wouldn't shut up I opened my mouth slightly.

"Maybe if you didn't break everything you touched you would get a passing grade," I said under my breath but Namjoon heard it anyway and slapped the back of my head.

"Ow!" I cry but my eyes were still stuck on Yoongi.

"Maybe if you had the guts to say a simple 'hello' you might've already had a boyfriend by now," Namjoon snapped back.

Touché, Namjoon, that hurt.

I wanted to neck slice him but he showed a face of mercy so my eyes went back to Yoongi.

"How do you even break a Ping-Pong table?" Namjoon scratched his head fiercely.

"You leaned on it too hard," I mumbled.

"But I'm not even heavy," Namjoon complained.

I turned my head to Namjoon and gave him an are-you-actually-serious look and turned back to Yoongi, he gave me another slap and I scratched my head.

"And why do we have dancing as a lesson? What good will that do to our lives anyway?"

I shrugged "I don't know, man, but I guess it has something to do with body coordination," I say as I stare at Yoongi running towards me and Namjoon but he stopped as the ball bounced off the fence that was separating the grass field Namjoon and I were on from the basketball court that Yoongi was currently playing on. He caught the ball and sprinted back while dribbling the ball, I didn't notice but my mouth was wide open and so were my eyes.

"Dammit Jimin, why don't you just kiss him already!?" Namjoon said not too loud but loud enough for Yoongi to hear, I think.

Embarrassed, I tackle Namjoon down and tickle him until he begged for mercy. After, I clap my hands together as if I'm brushing off some dust and say "My work here is done" and let Namjoon sit up properly, although his breathing was still unstable.

Embarrassed to look at Yoongi again I decide to give my attention to Namjoon "I don't understand why you're complaining so much, like you're the smartest guy in our grade, who cares if you flunk an exam or two, it's P.E, and it's minor, so it won't affect your grades that badly" I said.

"Still, I can't live with myself knowing that I flunked P bloody E!" Namjoon ran his fingers through his hair

"Why, are you the only one that didn't pass?"

Namjoon began to calm down after I asked and slightly looked away "N-No," he said.

"Who?" I ask, slowly letting Yoongi back in my sight.

"It's that guy" Namjoon started "Kim Seokjin-sunbaenim" he coughed.

My eyes widened "The prom prince from last year?" I say in disbelief.

"Yeah, he didn't pass the dancing" Namjoon said, still looking away.

"Oh, isn't he a year up than us though?" I asked

"Y-Yeah" he said and that's when I notice, Namjoon was blushing.

"Holy crap," I say

"W-What?" Namjoon said, trying not to look at me.

"Namjoon look at me."

"Why?"

"Just look at me!"

"No!"

"Namjoon holy crap you're blushing!" I say like a fangirl.

"Am not!" he said and faced me.

"You can deny it all you want but your face is as red as a tomato right now," I earning myself another slap.

"Shut up, Park Jimin," he says. "You're just in need of love" he stuck out his tongue

I smile quietly as I look away from Namjoon but my eyes quickly look up to see Yoongi shooting a basketball in the ring and making it in successfully.

I sigh again at his beauty.

"How do you stop being in love with someone?" I say dreamily.

"Let them puke on you," Namjoon completely breaks the cheesy mood and now earns himself a slap.

I sigh as I walk up the stairs heading to the infirmary. I had my kit on one hand and my lunch on the other. I was going upstairs to get my insulin injection. The path I walked upon became more and more familiar every day. I've been doing this since I moved here, so it was pretty hard to get lost. I feel my kit get heavier and heavier as I drag it to the infirmary, but in reality it wasn't that heavy.

I open the door to the familiar room and my eyes meet the school nurse. I greet him cheerfully as I walk inside and place my kit on his desk which was not too far from the door.

"Can I start now?" I ask and he nods.

"Sure, I'll leave you alone, some guy got a sprained ankle in the gym and they need help carrying him in" Mr. Kang says and leaves the room leaving me alone.

I open my kit and get the bottle of insulin and do the procedure, I look up to see if anyone was coming from the outside and my eyes spot him. He looked sick, as if he wanted to throw up, and his eyes seemed smaller than usual, he was rubbing his stomach, and from here it looked like his steps were heavy.

Him, of all people.

I blush as I think of him entering the room, we'd be alone. But then I quickly remember what Mr. Kang said about the guy with the sprained ankle and that there'd probably be a huge crowd of students inside checking to see if that guy was alright, I didn't want to be in the huge commotion and decide to quickly inject the needle in.

I inject the needle in my shoulder and as soon as it was in, the door bursts open with Yoongi on the other side and his facial expression seemed worse than it was before. He was green and as he entered his eyes were closed and mouth spat out contents I had no way of identifying.

That's when I realize.

He puked on me.

As soon as my shot was done I got out wet wipes, wiped the injection site, and then my shirt.

Yoongi was out of breath and I could hear him whispering apologies but most of them came out as air. I shook my head no saying it's okay but soon enough he shows an expression as if he was about to vomit, and as much as I love being puked on (note the sarcasm) I don't think I want it to happen again. I grab Yoongi's back quickly and lead him (more like pushed him) to the bathroom. I let him kneel down to the toilet and hold his shoulder. I blush as I think that this looks like two girls after a party filled with alcohol and booze.

"O-Okay" I say awkwardly as Yoongi breathes heavily for oxygen.

Yoongi starts coughing and I squint my eyes as the sight since I started feeling uncomfortable.

As Yoongi finishes, he gets up messily and reaches for the sink, turns on the faucet and wipes his mouth. He falls to the ground and leans on the wall. He looks tired and breathless as he lies there, he was looking up at the window that was near the sink and breathed heavily.

I hesitate for a while but then kneel down to level with him.

"A-Are you okay?" I ask timidly

His gaze moves over to look at me and my heart skips a beat.

Namjoon lied; I still love him even after seeing him projectile vomit on me.

Yoongi nods his head "Yeah, thanks by the way" he says casually.

I bit my lip and realize I probably smell so bad "Welcome, but um, you sort of puked on me" I say mumbling the last part.

"I-I did?" Yoongi's eyes widened and I blush.

"Y-Yeah, I don't have an extra shirt as well..." I look down.

Yoongi says profanities under his breath as he pushes himself up by holding the sink. I try to help him up but he shakes his hand and tells me no.

"I think I have one" he says and walks out of the bathroom. He walks to the bed and collapses and I swear I can feel my heart melting.

I stare at Yoongi as he lies on the bed. He glances at me and I immediately break eye contact.

"I'm sorry—your t-shirt—right, um" he struggles to find words as he tries to stand up

"No, no! It's fine! I can get it myself" I say as I practically push him back down the bed.

"Um, okay but—" he says and pauses "—how am I supposed to know you won't steal my stuff?" he says and I show a look of confusion.

"I mean, the clothes are in my locker—I mean—Seokjin's locker" he says and I raise an eyebrow when he says the elder's name.

"Seokjin?" I squeak

"Um, you know, Kim Seokjin" he says, looking as if he's looking for a way to describe his friend.

"Oh, yeah, I know him" I nod slowly and before another awkward silence occurs I open my mouth "But why is it in his?"

"I just" he pauses "Don't use my locker"

"Oh" I say as if it's not that big of a deal, but obviously it is.

"Wait" he says and brings out his phone and fumbles his fingers across the screen and I'm guessing he's texting someone. Once he's done he places the phone down and looks up to me.

"I texted Seokjin, he says he'll come over and give you the shirt in a bit" he informed me and I nod again.

"You know, you could sit down" he tilts his head and points to the empty bed next to his.

I did what he requested and lean back, starting to play with the bed-sheets as I look for a way to initiate a conversation but to no avail. He turns away from me, leaving a frown on my face. We sit in silence for a while before I speak again.

"Sunbaenim?" I say but I hear no response. I call for him again until I realize he's already snoring.

"You're sleeping?" I say and if possible my voice got a bit higher. Honestly I have no idea why I even asked, I knew I would get no response anyway.

Silence overwhelms the air yet again however this time I'm not too bothered by it. Currently witnessing Yoongi sleeping, I feel lucky, and before I know it, I've moved to the other side of the bed, crouched down and let our faces be only inches apart. It's not my fault, even though it sort of is, but something in my body is controlling me. I've never seen him up this close, and it feels so different from before. I can see everything. His face has gotten a bit colorless since he was throwing up just a while ago however he's still perfection in my eyes. His mouth is slightly parted and its color is lost as well. It's chapped, I note, although it seems insignificant.

I can feel his breathing against my lips.

My hands turn into a fist as I try to control myself and I bite my lip before doing what I know I would regret.

But he's just so beautiful.

I bring my hand upon his cheeks to feel his rough skin, he doesn't seem to take much care of it, but it doesn't matter to me. My thumbs start to draw circles on his cheekbones as a light blush appears on my cheeks as I continue to feel his face. It's weird, I note, not to mention if anyone were to walk into me doing this it would be incredibly embarrassing, and God knows how bad I am at making up excuses on the spot. There are probably more than a hundred reasons why I shouldn't be doing what my body was telling me to, but I can't not do it,

Only a moment left until I—

"Yoongi?" I hear Seokjin's voice echo in the room and I jolt up immediately, partly relieved and partly disappointed.

Seokjin's eyes are wide open and my heart is beating a thousand times faster. My cheeks are red and puffed, and I nearly forgot about my shirt until I smelled the air, letting out a breath I didn't know I held in for so long.

"H-Hi" I stutter

"Um..." Seokjin looks around, looking uneasy. He walks over to the bed and I pray that he didn't see what I was about to do a while ago.

"Is Yoongi alright?" he looks genuinely concerned.

"I'm not sure" I manage to say "He threw up a while ago but now he's resting so I think he'll be fine" I say and Seokjin nods.

By the look on Seokjin's face, he's probably already noticed the vomit on my shirt.

"Are you that small cutie who needs this? Yoongi texted saying to give it to you" he says and gestures the shirt in his hands.

Small cutie I blush

"I—Um, yeah" I say and Seokjin hands me the shirt.

"I'm sorry this took so long, I got caught up in...something" he looked distraught but I didn't want to pry.

I bid goodbye before the atmosphere turns even more awkward and I swear my face has never been this red.

After I change my shirt I bump into Namjoon on the way back to my class and he looks like he's seen a ghost, leaning against some guy's locker.

"What's wrong with you?" I say as I wiggle my eyebrows.

"My life has lost all its meaning, even if I look in the mirror I won't be able to find myself. I will only be able to see black and white from now on, leave me be, Jimin, I don't want anyone else to feel this sickening feeling" he says aloof and almost dead.

"Okay..." I say and walk away from the dying boy, I am not in the mood for Namjoon's philosophical antics of him trying to find himself in (and I quote) this cruel evil world.

I have bigger problems and questions; one of those questions is:

How the hell am I going to return this t-shirt?

I can't even keep a straight face while being meters away from him how am I going to approach him and give his shirt back?

I'm tired and I just had gym class, but since that was my last class for the day, I'm fine.

Well, not really.

"I still haven't gave the t-shirt back" I mumbled a bit lifeless next to Namjoon, he and I were heading out to maybe grab a bite (maybe because Namjoon might not have money).

"What?" Namjoon asked, looking my direction.

"The shirt" I started "It's still with me"

"Oh" he deadpanned "Good luck with that" he continues and I let out a whiny sound.

"Namjoon!" I pull the hem of his shirt "Help me!" I whine

Namjoon rolls his eyes "Okay, fine"

"What?" I question

"I'll do it" he said simply.

"Really? Oh, Namjoon, you're a life-saver!" I smiled widely and brought the shirt out of my bag (maybe a little too quickly).

"One thing though," he started as I groan impatiently "Why does he have a Mario t-shirt?" he plays with the t-shirt while it stayed on my hand.

I blink twice "Why does it matter?" I say slowly as I raise my right eyebrow.

Namjoon confused look fades and goes back to normal as he shakes his head "Nothing, never mind"

"Here" I say and let him grab the shirt "C'mon"

We keep our eyes out in case we see him in sight and eventually we did, he was with Seokjin once we stepped out the door. I gestured to Namjoon that he should give it him now but he started pulling me to a nearby pillar and hid for a reason that was oblivious to me.

A confused look overtakes my expression but as I lead my eyes to where Namjoon's were my look of confusion disappears and turns into a smirk.

"You bloody rat" I start and Namjoon looks at me all offended. I start to punch his arm lightly as I giddy.

"You like Seokjin-sunbaenim!" I nearly scream and Namjoon presses his hand against my mouth and pushes me to the pillar.

"Goodness sake's, Park Jimin, quiet down!" he exclaims, although a blush is evident on his face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter