Shattered

Don't say a single word

"This is bad...for me, for you, for both of us..." you say.

"Bad for us?" Jungkook replies and continues, "What am I doing wrong...?"

"Nothing!" You tell him instantly, "It's just...me. Me loving you...I can't do this."

He looks at you in disbelief, in pain. He approaches you and takes your hand.

"So you still love me then..." he asks you. You look in a different direction, not wanting to meet his eyes as a lump forms in your throat. You squeeze your eyes shut tightly as picture perfect memories spring to life in your mind. You gasp for air, not realizing how much the lump in your throat was choking you. His free hand is up on your face, wiping away one tear that had escaped from your eyes; more memories flash before you. The sadness is overwhelming you; you feel your own body giving up on you. 

"Jungkook I can't-" you manage to choke out, but he grabs you and pulls you close to him, your face on his chest,and he manages to make you feel weightless, as he always did.

"Don't say a single word..." he tells you calmly, but you can hear the pain in his voice. His heart speaks to you too, through the walls of his chest, through the cage that keeps it inside, the rapid beating yells at you.

"Just stay with me, just laugh with me, just smile with me, just love me...please..." He speaks as his embrace around you tightens.

His touch reminds you of many things...You remember the mornings spent in bed, your bodies wrapped around each other with his nose snuggling up against your hair for he claimed you smelled of roses, the bright red ones, while to you, he was a white rose; his creamy white skin contrasting with his dark hair and his innocence reminded you of the purity that the white rose represented and just like the flower, his scent was subtle, but his existence was radiant, almost beautiful and it made you afraid.  You thought of the times he moved your hair out of your face and sometimes off of your shoulders and how shortly after, his pink lips would shower those areas with tiny kisses. You thought of the way he would run his fingers from your neck into your scalp as he kissed you and how he would gently tug at your hair while crashing his lips on yours when he needed you...  

"Don't disappear..." He continues. Your heart syncs with his, both beating rapidly, begging for each other to stay.

You look up at him, a blurry image of his face conjures itself from the tears on your eyes. 

You think of his eyes, how they always sparkled, especially when he was happy, but not right now. They seemed dark. You slowly get closer to him, your face eventually inches away from his, you know he's watching you.

He whispers your name as his pain manifests itself into a tear that rolls down his cheek and you want nothing else but to take his pain away and so you kiss him, immersing yourself in his taste. He moves slowly, treating you as if you were fragile. One of his hands moves up your back, bringing you even closer to him while the other hand explores your tear filled face.

"Don't disappear..." He repeats in between kisses. "I'm afraid if I let go," he continues as you feel him take hold of one of your hands, "you'll try to disappear..."

"I won't" you respond and he lets go of your hand as if to curiously test it...

It's as if he could always stop time when he was with you, for everything slowed down even now. In fact you always wanted him to stop time...

 

A heavy stab at your chest fills you with pain and makes you feel weak. You feel the weight of your distress upon you again. You open your eyes and you realize that it wasn't him begging you to stay, it was you. Not only were you afraid of the moment passing, you were also afraid that it may not have happened.

And it didn't.

You curl back into your solitude and into your reverie you go, where he made time stop, even when he wasn't with you.