Chapter 1

Do The Bird Dance

Seventh Year: Nayeon, Jungyeon

Sixth Year: Momo, Sana, Mina, Jihyo

Fifth Year: Dahyun

Fourth Year: Tzuyu, Chaeyoung

Ps, I haven’t checked it for mistakes, so, hopefully, there’s not that many.

 

***

“You’ve been gawking at her for 5 minutes straight,” Jihyo snapped her fingers in Dahyun’s line of sight, in hopes to get the girl to finally blink and rest her watering eyes.

“I swear on Dumbledore’s beard, Momo Sunbaenim is gonna get a restraining order against you if you keep looking at her like that.” Mina muttered.

“What’s a restraining order?” Dahyun dazedly asked, still not breaking her gaze from the alluring Slytherin, Hirai Momo.

“Restraining order?” Jihyo turned to meet eyes with the only person missing from their tiny Gryffindor group, Nayeon, who had finally arrived to the great hall for breakfast.

Dahyun suddenly felt a pair of arms resting atop of her head, yet nothing would deter her staring.

“That sounds naughty.” Nayeon finished saying, making Jihyo blush and quickly turn to cover Tzuyu’s, a fourth year, ears.

Mina felt her cheeks burn at Nayeon’s comment “Yah! You ert, you’re supposed to be the head girl of Gryffindor; you have to be an example to us all, not go and corrupt the younger generations with false information.”

Nayeon laughed, “Hey, just because I’m the head girl doesn’t mean I know everything. It was an honest question.” Nayeon raised her right hand, “scouts honor.” She finished with a grin.

Mina rested her head on the table, “I swear, you purebloods will be the death of me.”

“Hey, I resent that!” Nayeon, who was on the process of shimmying to sit down next to Dahyun and some third year Gryffindor, said, “It’s not my fault that I only took one year of muggle studies.”

“Well, it technically is your fault you only had one year of muggle studies.” Tzuyu, who had been quietly nibbling on a bread, said.

Nayeon stopped stealing food from, the still unresponsive, Dahyun, to turn and look at Tzuyu, “Hey! You’re just saying that because you have that cool new teacher. I had to deal with Mr. Oh’s 15 page reports about “the science behind refrigerators”.”

Tzuyu grinned. “Muggle studies is really fun now, last class our teacher brought this cell-o-phone and it was seriously cool.”  Tzuyu turned to look at Mina, “You muggles sure have neat things!”

“Thanks… I guess.” Mina shot Tzuyu a small smile, making the younger grin and turn back to her bread.

Jihyo’s loud sigh finally brought everyone’s attention back to the original problem, Dahyun. Jihyo shook her head at the gob-smacked girl.

“Ew, Dahyun! If you’re gonna keep staring at her, do it with your mouth closed.” Nayeon, always being one for dramatics, made a big act of scurrying as far away as she could from the now drooling Dahyun, garnering the attention of several Ravenclaws.

Sana, who had been in the middle of showing her friends her cool new talent, turned to look at the noisy Gryffindor table, not surprised to see Nayeon being involved in all the ruckus.  When their eyes met, Sana raised her hand in a wave at Gryffindor’s Head Girl, wave that was reciprocated with a wide grin and a gesture indicating her to approach the noisy group.

Sana stood up, excusing herself from her fellow Ravenclaws’, before making her way towards her Gryffindor friends.

Upon arriving, she was met by an unamused Jihyo staring at a flustered Dahyun, wiping from what looked like saliva with the sleeves of her robe, Mina softly banging her head against the table, an oblivious Tzuyu having a stare down with a piece of cake whilst rubbing her stomach, and a happy looking Nayeon indicating for her to sit in between her and Dahyun.

As soon as her touched the seat, Nayeon quickly scooted forward to rest her arms on the table, “Okay ladies, now that Sana has joined us, let’s get down to business.”

All of the girl’s brows furrowed, giving Nayeon questioning looks.

“So, we all know how our Dahyun here, has been ruining our peaceful meals-”

Mina scoffed. “’Peaceful meals my as–”

Jihyo slapped her hand on Mina’s mouth, shifting her eyes from Mina’s eyes to Tzuyu’s figure. “No bad words in front of the minor.” Mina rolled her eyes, but, nevertheless, nodded, before removing Jihyo’s hand from her, now stinging, mouth.

Nayeon snorted at Mina before continuing, “As I was saying, our Dahyun has been making it impossible for me to enjoy my meals. Why you ask!?”

“Not really, no.” Jihyo said, before picking up her daily prophet, hoping to find an interesting article in hopes to drown out whatever Nayeon was about to say.

Nayeon slammed Jihyo’s daily prophet down. “Exhibit A!” She exclaimed before pointing at Dahyun, who had resumed her staring. “I can’t possibly eat comfortably knowing I share tables with a stalker.”

Dahyun finally snapped away from her Momo induced daze, “Hey! I’m not a stalker.” She turned her head to meet eyes with Sana, “I swear I’m not stalking your cousin, I just stare at her a lot, and not always, only when we cross paths. Not that we cross paths often, I mean, I usually have classes in the other side of the castle… Not that I know what side of the castle Momo is, but I just assume that she–”

“Exhibit B!” Nayeon continued, getting tiered of Dahyun’s probably endless explanation. She quickly grabbed one of the sleeves of Dahyun’s robe, “the drooling.”

Sana clapped her hands, “So it was drool.” She nodded to herself.

“H-hey!” a flustered Dahyun swiftly pulled her sleeve back. “I don’t drool.”

Nayeon raised an eyebrow. “Our evidence says otherwise.”

“Nayeon, please just get to your point, breakfast is about to end and our first class today is Ancient Runes, and I will not be late for this class.” Jihyo grumbled.

“Fine, fine.” Nayeon turned and grabbed Sana by the shoulders. “Dahyun has the biggest crush on your cousin, but because she’s older and hotter than her she’s afraid to approach her… and because she’s a Slytherin.”  Nayeon finished her rant, muttering the last part.

Sana rested a comforting hand on Dahyun’s back before softly patting it. “You know, for a Slytherin, she’s really down to earth when it comes to titles and such.”

Dahyun shot Sana a shocked expression. “You think I have a chance with Momo?”

“Uh.” Well, Sana hadn’t thought this through. The question had left her dumbfounded. Should she tell Dahyun something that would make the small girl happy, or should she be honest and tell her she wasn’t sure, for she had never seen Momo interested in anyone before.

“Of course you do!” Nayeon interrupted Sana’s train of thoughts with loud words of reassurance towards Dahyun. “Who could resist your… your, uhm, that thing, when you make fart sounds with your hands and speak in a rapid manner... yeah, that’s pretty cool.” Nayeon lamely finished, cringing at her own lack of creativity.

Jihyo rolled her eyes at Nayeon, “seriously Nayeon, let’s not get involved in this. Dahyun should approach Momo when she’s ready.”

“Hey, don’t talk about me as if I wasn’t here.”

“Oh, come on Jihyo. Think of this as the last bonding experience we’ll have.” Nayeon ignored Dahyun and pretended to wipe a stray tear from her eye, before grinning at Jihyo. “It’s only a matter of time before you, Mina, Sana, and even Momo herself, will be drowning in homework, you N.E.W.T. students, you.”

Jihyo pondered for a while, before sighing. “Ugh, fine. But I swear if I get detention again because of you, I’ll–”

“You won’t. Sheesh, don’t get your robes in a bunch.” Nayeon turned to look at Tzuyu, “I learned that phrase in muggle studies. Pay enough attention and you’ll be just like me some day, kid.”

Jihyo shot Nayeon a disgusted look “No, Tzuyu, don’t listen to her. You just concentrate on yourself, okay?”

Nayeon scoffed. “I’m gonna pretend I didn’t hear that. So let’s just meet here for lunch and talk about how we’re gonna get Dahyun to get her girl. Now all of you scatter, you need to be in class on time, or as Head Girl I’ll have to assign detention to all of you.”

Mina cursed Nayeon as she and the rest of the girl’s stood up to head to their respective classes, leaving a red faced Dahyun stunned in her seat.

“H-Hey! Don’t talk about me as if I weren’t here.” But the only people who remained close enough to hear her cry was a group of first year students, who had perfected the art of overall ignoring their noisy upperclassmen.

Dahyun rested her face in her palms. Oh my god, what am I going to do. Nayeon always blows things out of proportion.

***

“You were the one that said we should attend our classes or we’d get detention, yet here you are, walking with us to ancient runes, whilst you should be heading the opposite direction to your charms class.”

Nayeon sent Mina a flirty smile, “Aw, bae, are you worried about my perfect attendance record?”

Mina scoffed, “you wish. And do you even know what ‘bae’ means?”

Nayeon gave a hearty laugh, “you know as well as I do that muggle studies was not my forte. Cut me some slack, will ya’?”

Mina facepalmed. “Why do you insist on using what you refer to as ‘muggle’ phrases?”

“Because we become closer and closer every time I do.” Nayeon shot the girl a flirty wink.

Mina and Jihyo simultaneously rolled their eyes at the greasy girl, whilst Sana just giggled by their side.

“And anyway, why would I need to attend charms class when I’m already this charming!” Nayeon shot Mina a wink, and another one to a giggling Sana, before ruffling the latter’s hair.

“I’m just messing with you kids, Mr. Son’s daughter recently qualified to be an auror, so in celebration of his daughter’s accomplishment, he gave us the week free.” She grinned. “Anyway, now that Dahyun is anxious because of my ‘plans’, she’ll feel pressured into confessing before I can meddle with her affairs.”

Sana shot Nayeon a questioning look. “So the planning thing is not real?”

“Nope.” Nayeon said with a lighthearted grin.

Someone muttered something that strangely sounded like “thank god” in the background. Probably Jihyo, she had always been the first one to question Nayeon’s plans. Then again, Mina was always skeptical when it came to Nayeon’s suggestions.

“Dahyun seems to fear my courses of action ever since I sent her to the medical ward, which breaks my heart since it wasn’t me who shoved the banana into her nose.”

Sana’s head lowered in shame after being reminded about their embarrassing trip to the medical ward. She could still remember Madam Seo’s judging gaze.

“And while my life motto is let bygones be bygones, Dahyun’s seems to be forgive but never forget.”

“Well, I can’t imagine being able to forget the feeling of a banana pushed all the way up my nose.” Mina said.

Nayeon regretfully shook her head. “Ever since that fateful day, she becomes nervous when I decide to take control of the situation. So today we won’t see her during lunchtime, because she’ll be so preoccupied thinking about ways to confess, and how to avoid me, all at the same time!”

“I think we all know why Dahyun, or anyone as a matter of fact, would want to avoid you. But what makes you so sure we won’t see her at lunchtime? That’s her favorite meal!” Mina questioned Nayeon.

“It’s all in the leaves, baby.”

Mina cringed at the sleazy wink Nayeon shot her. “What does that even mean?”

“Tessomancy! I grabbed Dahyun’s tea cup this morning. That’s how I know she’ll avoid all of us for some time; and, apparently, she’s also set to get ‘bitten by a snake’, and if that means what I think it means, our little Dahyun has nothing to worry about.” Nayeon explained, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

Jihyo turned to face Sana, who was surprised by the bleak look that had overcome the red-haired girl.  “For you cousin’s sake, I hope that it doesn’t mean what Nayeon thinks it means.”

Sana fearfully shook her head, hoping on merlin’s beard that Momo would be smart enough to not taint one of Jihyo’s most beloved underclassmen.

“Hey, c’mon Jihyo, I was just wanking your wand. Who knows if I read Dahyun’s cup right, I just happened to take a quick glance at it, I might have misread something.” Nayeon said with a reassuring smile, which quickly turned into a frown, “But I’m 100% sure about the avoiding us part. And I really don’t understand where all the distrust comes from, since out of all the times she’s gone to the hospital wing, so far only two have been my fault, and one of those two times was, technically, Sana’s fault.”

Sana was slack-jawed, “But you said that your spell would let her absorb the banana’s nutrients through her nose, not shove it all the way into her head!”

Jihyo patted Sana’s shoulder comfortingly, “We know sweetie. We all know it was Nayeon’s fault.”

Nayeon patted Sana’s head. “Let bygones be bygones.”

***

As they reached their Ancient Runes class, Jihyo muttered a bye to Nayeon as she walked to her usual seat, closely followed by an animated wave from Sana, who skipped towards her Ravenclaw friends, all seated at the front of the class.

Nayeon stared at Mina expectantly, whose only response was to give her a small wave.

As she began to walk towards her seat next to Jihyo, a hand grabbed her by the forearm, and pulled her back outside, where she was met by a pouting Nayeon.

“Am I not getting a goodbye kiss?” Nayeon asked, slowly inching her head closer towards the other girl’s.

When Nayeon felt Mina’s hand rest on her face, stopping her from getting closer, a low whine left the older girl.

Nayeon’s pout deepened. “Babe.” She whined. “How am I supposed to make it through the day without one of your kisses?” Nayeon dramatically rested the back of her hand on her forehead. “Am I not, to quote muggle cinematographic gold, the Troy to your Gabriella? The chicken to your nugget? The Beyoncé to your –”

Nayeon’s ramble was cut short when soft lips gently rested on hers, Mina’s hands gently tugging on her tie before resting her hands on her shoulders to lightly push her away so that their noses were the only part of their bodies touching.

“You don’t even know who Beyoncé is.” Mina whispered, staring directly into Nayeon’s eyes.

“Would it make you happy if I did?” Nayeon grinned, making Mina giggle and playfully shove her.

“It’d make me happy if you’d let me go to class.”

“I’d be happy if you’d go to class, too. At this rate I’ll have to give you detention for weeks.”

Mina softly bumped her shoulder into Nayeon’s, before finally advancing towards her respective class and seat.

“See you later, babe!”

“Don’t count on it, loser.”

***

I’m sorry it took a while to update this story, this was originally meant to be a oneshot, but since college has been hectic this days, I can’t really find time to write for more than a couple of minutes, so I just decided to make what I had already written into the first chapter... And it turns out I don’t really know as much about the Harry Potter universe as I thought I did (though I’ve never really been a big fan of the books or movies). Also, I apologize about the mistakes in grammar or anything related to writing; I seriously didn’t think this story would get as much attention as it did, so now I’m sort of nervous of disappointing more people than I had anticipated disappointing. So yeah, please have an open mind about the story, and its mistakes and probable plot holes (If there is one, please tell me in the comments, I’ll try to fix it immediately.)