Where Baekhyun decides to get over his unrequited love

Bittersweet Coffee

Baekhyun walked into the comforting coffee shop in hopes it would raise his mood, his crush had just started dating one of his closest friends and although he knew he should've been happy for the loving couple. He simply couldn't muster up the courage to carry on facing them with out breaking out in sobs and tears, so he retreated into this small shop on the corner of the street. Despite the larger and more extravagant designs that barricaded the shop, it stuck out to Baekhyun and he immediately walked inside, sighing as a warm blanket of heat enveloped his cold, shivering body.

 

Live plants were positioned around the room, their leaves cast shadows in the muted lightening. The lilac ceiling seemed low enough to reach out and touch, pine wood panels covered the bottom half of the walls. The tan colour on the top half of the walls was a shade darker than the pine flooring with various images of desserts and drinks that hung on the walls. Overstuffed chairs and beanbags in shades of light blue, green,yellow, purple and pink filled the room with a kaleidoscope of colours. The ceiling fans blew warms gust of the bitter coffee aroma that was scattered across the shop, lined with the scent of sugar that came from the floral baskets of confectionery on the counter-top next to the till. The whirring of the coffee grinder, the gurgling of the coffee brewing, the bubbling of the steamer warming the milk and the humming of the fridge, lulled Baekhyun into a calm mood as he sat in one of the chairs in the very corner of the miniature shop.

 

Raising his hand slightly he waited for one of the waiters that filled the shop to serve him, after a few silent minutes a tall, lean male took notice of him. Auburn curly hair combed over a small forehead with dark brown eyes that would seem to be onyx if it wasn't for the warm lighting casting gentle shadows on his high cheekbones and plump pale pink lips, the waiter had a bright smile that stretched his mouth wide to reveal pristine white teeth and Baekhyun found himself staring at him for longer than was normal in his opinion. Dismissing his thoughts, that were curious to know what his voice sounded like or what his name was, Baekhyun watched as the male strode over towards him his long legs erasing the distance effortlessly. Jealousy tinted the boys thoughts with bitterness as he recalled the rejection that he had received from his unrequited crush and the happy mood of the boy in front of him.

 

Coughing slightly Baekhyun waited for the red haired male to introduce himself, however unfortunately (for Baekhyun that was, the other male didn't seem to find it awkward at all) neither male was willing to start the conversation and the air sparked with anticipation as Baekhyun finally gave up and decided to talk. It was at that moment that Baekhyun realized that he didn't know what to call him as he hadn't introduced himself, so he looked at him for a few more minutes hoping that he would realize what Baekhyun was waiting for and introduce himself but ten minutes passed and not a squeak emerged from his full lips. Baekhyun simply sighed, before he noticed that his name tag was currently sparkling in the lighting and that it was stupid of him not to have see it before. The name didn't seem right however, he didn't seem like a Lu Han but then again what did Baekhyun know.

 

Excuse me, Lu Han could I please have a chocolate milkshake?” Baekhyun said testing out the name in his mouth, it just didn't fit him. The name Lu Han reminded him of a blonde pixie not a red haired giant. Lu Han just stared at him his eyes twitching sometimes, taking several moments to process what he had just been told before the grin on his mouth raised slightly on one side becoming a smirk, Baekhyun didn't want to admit it but his heart rate sped up, a blush crawling up his neck and coated his cheeks in the light pink colour.


 

I'm not called Lu Han, my name is Chanyeol,” the male replied, his mouth curled in an even more prominent smirk as he laughed at Baekhyun. Baekhyun felt his anger flare as he stared more at Chanyeol, his cocky attitude just didn't sit right with the blonde male. His husky chuckle made Baekhyun's face burn as he cursed the the waiter, in his mind, for not letting it go. Baekhyun wanted to slap the arrogant expression off his face but he stayed put curling his fingers into fist, willing his anger to fade away.

The blonde haired boy knew that the mistake that he made wasn't a massive mistake in a way, it was normal for him to assume that the waiter's name was Lu Han but it was the laughter in his eyes when he mentioned that he wanted a chocolate milkshake. It was as if he knew that he despised coffee unless it was diluted to the point where it could barely be tasted, he knew that his masculinity was being judged and Baekhyun hated how it was seen as masculine to drink black coffee.

 

Baekhyun started to reminisce about his tragic love life, how during his first love he was the doomed second male lead and how after five years he had made the same mistake as last time and he was cursed to love from afar never knowing what true love felt like. He found it ironic that although he adored sweet foods and drinks, his personality was just like the coffee that he despised drinking. Deciding that he had spent enough time being woeful and moody, he decided to forget about his failed loves. The best thing about having an unrequited love was probably the fact that if you were rejected then you could get over it rather quickly, that was if the crush hadn't been one that you had held for a long time and luckily for Baekhyun he had begun to crush on him less than a month ago.

 

After a short while Chanyeol returned with a cup of lukewarm chocolate milkshake, his expression screamed restrained laughter and it was obvious that he hadn't gotten over Baekhyun's mortifying mistake and his feminine tastes. Baekhyun grabbed the milkshake, slapped the money in his hand (silently relishing the heat that the red head's large, calloused palm gave off) and ran out, face 50 shades of red and heart beating like it had just run a marathon. Deciding that if he had spent any more time in there he would have embarrassed himself even more.