Last

Suppression

You know I really don’t get it why you are together with me. Yoochun says as he puff out a lungful of smoke from the cigarette I’m not good. He inhales the intoxicating smoke again and exhales aways I’m even way opposite of the word good. I’m bad, bad influence to you, Junsu.  Exhaling all of his thoughts; away from him and this cruel world

Listening to all Yoohun’s rambling on how they shouldn’t be together and all those words that Yoochun constanly drills into his mind; Junsu absent-mindedly plays with the hem of his shirt. I’m constantly reminded on how we also shouldn’t be together too, Yoochun-ah. It’s not only you who has those worries, I also have them. He speaks on his mind, not daring to answer back to Yoochun because-

Sometimes, I think, you are too good to be true to even live in this world. Like, you don’t belong here Su-ah. And he leans towrads the edge of the balcony and stares up to the clear blue sky. You belong there, not here. Turning away from the sky, Yoochun faced Junsu and stared real hard at his lover’s face. I don’t get why you even want to be with someone like me.

Junsu wanted to scream, to shout all his thoughts to Yoochun. Youthink you are the only one hurting Yoochun-ah? But he can’t. Because neither does he have the guts, nor the voice to speak his mind out to Yoochun and to everybody else because he is-

Su-ah. Yoochun spoke softly as he cups Junsu’s tear streaked face. If the only way to make all this chaos stop is for us to break-up. Let’s do it. Hmm? So you won’t suffer anymore.

The only response the latter got from Junsu was a silent cry; a silent pleading of Please Chun-ah. You are my voice. You give me hope, you are the reason I want to live. You are my sun.

Sssh. Stop crying Su-ah. We are just... ending this. It’s not like I’m going to die. Me going away from you is probably the best thing to do right now. You know the line from Romeo and Juliet right? That, it says there, parting is such a sweet sorrow. Maybe if-

He had enough. Stepping away from Yoochun, Junsu could only sign what he wanted to say. I’ve had enough. All these things you say, do you think I’m happy with it? No! I hate it when you decide for the both of us. Why? Why are you so persistent of wanting break-up with me? Is it because I’m mute? I’ve been mute for almost half of my life, Yoochun! You know it yourself! Because you have been with me for the longest time. And now? Are you embarrased now to have a mute lover, huh?

Junsu! You are being irrational! It’s not because you are mute! I love you for who you are, you know that. But all of these... all of these overwhelming loathe we are receiving. I can take all of those if it’s only me, but you are suffering! And you know how much I don’t like it when I see you cry.

You just made me cry right now. Junsu looks down, tears continue to stream on his face. You make me sad everytime you say that we should break-up. Yoochun, I love you and I want to be with you. What is so wrong with that?

Nothing’s wrong! It’s just... Yoochun’s voice breaks and his next words were a mixture of sobs and words. We’re a pair of deaf and mute couple. I can only hear and speak properly because of this hearing aid! But without this, he harshly takes off that one piece of a device that connects him to the world, I am nothing. And to his Junsu.

Those guys at school pokes fun at you for being mute but I know there is a deeper reason; because they think you are a disgusting person for being  with a person like me. Your brother hates me because he thinks I’m the reason you can’t speak anymore. Yoochun smiles sarcastically. And he also blames me because you don’t want to go abroad for a surgery. And let us not forget about your father.

He doesn’t blame you. Junsu shakes his head. Nor does he hate you. Junsu’s shaking frame signs. It’s my choice. I just don’t want to leave you because I know, once we leave this country there is a chance I won’t be able to see you again, anymore.

Yoochun comes close to Junsu and hugs him close and he whispers. I’m sorry. And he kisses Junsu’s head tenderly; like what he always do when his Junsu is crying. You should go you know? The theraphy you are doing here is useless, it’s no use. He can feel Junsu is about to push him away to give his side. Listen to me first okay? I promise you that, if ever you won’t have the chance to go back here, I’ll find you wherever your evil father takes you. He can feel the smile on Junsu’s face which is pressed to his chest.

But for now, Yoochun spoke as he removed Junsu from his embrace; tenderly wiping away those tears tainting the beautiful face of his love. We must part ways. And for the last time, Yoochun scanned Junsu’s face with his eyes. Taking in every detail of the perfection presented in front of him. Caressing his face with the utmost tender hands, memorizing every line of his one and only true love. And as Yoochun kissed Junsu on the lips, a lone tear escaped from both of their closed eyes.

Junsu can only watch as Yoochun’s back turn against him and see his figure slowly fade away from his line of sight.  

 

“I-I’ll... m-m-miss you... Yooch-ch-chun-ah...”

 

If only Yoochun was near him, he could have heard him-