Chapter 1

Problematic

            He just took a shower and was ready to sleep, finally. Today schedule was busy like crazy, and then there was this one person who decided that restlessly missed-calling him was a fun game. Knowing this person ridiculousness, Dongwan thought the best to disregard him.

            Dongwan’s head just hit the pillow when suddenly the doorbell ringed. At first just once, then the second and third, and then it ringed like crazy, somebody had jammed on the button. Dongwan stubbornly trying to ignore the noise. ‘Who the hell would come at this hour? Crazy fella,’ he thought grudgingly. The bell stop ringing. Dongwan felt heartfully thankful for the blessing, then suddenly the bell ringed again, twice. He shot up from his bed and cursed.

            ------------------------------------------------------------------------

            Dongwan knew best not to open the door to strangers, especially the crazy fellow who came at this unduly hour. Instead, he peeked at the intercom. A tall man was standing outside the door whose clothes was a mess, his hair was a mess, and he was crossing his arms. Wondering why THAT man was in that condition, finally Dongwan opened the door.

            “For god sake. It’s 1 a.m., ERIC! What the hell is wrong with you!” he scolded. Then, he realised that Eric was actually completely drenched, like he was hit by a torrential storm. Not that he ever seen one before, but he thought Eric’s condition would look exactly like that. “It’s not even raining. Why are you wet? Have you been mobbed or did you fell into the river?” he asked out of curiosity. Eric only answered with a grin, but uncharacteristically lack of energy in it.

            Dongwan did not have the heart to keep Eric out in that state, so he stepped aside to let Eric in. He spotted some black spots on the floor. Squinting confusedly at those, he turned to Eric. “Yah, you are bleeding! What the hell?!” Dongwan shouted panicly. Eric blankly looked down to his left arm. Surely, blood were dripping from there.

            While cursing, Dongwan ushered Eric across the dim-lighted room, pushed the taller man down a chair and left hurriedly. Being left alone, Eric observed his friend’s house. He thought that he has not come here for ages, but the décor did not change much. Even the table lamp which was the only source of light in the room stood lonely there. This friend must have been working very hard these days.

            Dongwan came back with a towel and a first aid kit. “Take your shirt off,” he ordered. Eric seemed not to listen, so Dongwan proceed to open the button himself. Suddenly, Eric caught his hand and locked their eyes. The leader’s incomprehensible stare send shivers down his spine, Dongwan wondered something must be terribly wrong. After removing the other’s hands, Eric painfully removed his shirt to reveal a long wound on the upper left arm. “Seriously Eric, did you get into an accident?” asked Dongwan worriedly. He draped the heavy towel across the injured man’s shoulder to keep him warm.

            Dongwan gave up on asking the man who refused to talk, he inspecting the wound carefully. Luckily, the wound was not deep, it saved Dongwan some trouble to send Eric to the hospital. Not like the older man would not resist too. He himself was too tired to deal with all of this, but that man was his best friend. Next, he began to treat the wound skilfully, like he have been practicing it a thousand time. Truly Dongwan-nim to learn weird stuff, Eric thought.

“You’re amazing, Wan-ah,” the silent man finally spoke.

“Yes I am. I don’t need a BLEEDING man to tell me that,” he scoffed. “Is there any pain elsewhere?”

Eric shook his head.

“Take of your trousers.”

            Fortunately for Dongwan, Eric wore his boxer, but still… it was wet. Avoiding his view from Eric’s bulge, he inspected the legs. “Yah, there’s a bruise here! How come it’s not painful!” Dongwan poke the raised blue patch. Eric winched at the pain.

“Now, go clean yourself. Try not to wet the bandage.”

            Eric obediently went to the bathroom, apparently the man could do anything else besides talking. Dongwan exhaled frustratedly. He waited on the sofa, his eyes getting heavier but he need to see if Eric was fine.

            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            10 minutes later, Eric came out from the bathroom with a towel around his waist. “Your cloths on the table. Do you want anything to drink? Maybe some milk or tea…” Dongwan asked with a soothing voice.

“Beer.”

            Dongwan looked at Eric disapprovingly but went to the kitchen nevertheless while Eric dressed in Dongwan’s cloths. It must be the largest shirt that Dongwan had, because somehow the shirt could hang around Eric’s large frame. How thoughtful of Dongwan-nim, Eric thought. When Dongwan came back, Eric was sitting rather politely on the sofa while watching the smaller man putting a can of beer on the table. Only one can was presented, Eric looked questioningly at Dongwan.

“I’m not going to drink at this hour. What I need is only sleep. You should go to sleep after that too.”

“….. Then I don’t wanna drink.”

Dongwan sighed. “Suits you,” and he went to his bedroom longing for the much needed sleep.

            Dongwan lied down on his bed, when he caught Eric was following him. “You could sleep beside me if you don’t mind,” he muttered sleepily and turning his body to the side, showing his broad back, to give Eric some space. Of course Eric didn’t mind; the mattress moving as the man climbed to take his place behind Dongwan.

            Dongwan just wanted to close his eyes when suddenly his back was against Eric’s warm chest and a heavy arm was pressing him. “Yah, get your hand off me!” Dongwan wanted to push Eric’s arm away when his finger touches the bandage. He paused for a moment. “Move,” Dongwan said softly, not as annoyed or mad as Eric thought the man would be. Hence Eric pulled in his arm to see what it was about.

            To his surprise, Dongwan turned his body to face him. Their face were so close that Eric could felt Dongwan’s warm breath against his lips, but Dongwan didn’t seemed mind, well Eric didn’t too. Next was more surprising to Eric - Dongwan moved his hand across his waist. When he sensed that Eric froze, he urged him to put his arm back around the smaller man. Now, they were practically hugging each other.

            With his tired eyes, Dongwan searched deeply for something in the leader’s eyes. “Eric-ah, tomorrow you’re really going to tell me everything, understand?” It was not a question but rather an order. Eric choked with emotion, but his gaze didn’t stray from Dongwan’s eye. Not waiting for an answer, Dongwan closed his eye to dream.

            Moments later, Dongwan’s breath even out slowly. Eric was still inspecting every details his precious friend’s face. He noticed that the wrinkles were more defined from that distance, but somehow it was truly charming. Dongwan’s mouth parted a little when he slept, his peaceful breathing sounded as beautiful as the man’s voice when he was awake. Dongwan would always be beautiful no matter how problematic he can be sometimes. It had been a long time since they slept together, thus Eric couldn't help but felt the moment became so precious to him.

            Eric could not contain the wonderful blossoms in his chest so he planted a soft his on Dongwan’s tender lips.

“Thank you Dongwan,” he let himself to dream.