Pepero Game

That Time they Fell in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 137 ‘Pepero Game’

 

 

 

When they entered the room, Jihyo immediately spots the chocolate covered biscuit and her stomach curled horrifically. She tried to play it cool in front of the cameras, but she was conscious of her heart beating faster against her chest.

Jihyo’s sweat rolls down her temple and she brushes it with the back of her hand before anyone can catch her. Everyone’s attention is on Gary and how his nervousness is showing, but in her case, Jihyo’s whole body is quivering from her own anxiety.

They were next. And Jihyo wants to die.

Gary was her love line. So, it’s okay. Right? It’s acting. She’s an actress. This is her expertise.

“Do you want the chocolate side?” Gary asks.

And that was that, her resolve crumbles. Jihyo’s stomach flutters into goo and it’s embarrassing how much she wants to smile and grin and smile and kiss Gary at that moment.

She takes a deep breath. “No, no,” Jihyo says nonchalantly. Everyone laughs.

Gary speaks to the other cast, but Jihyo can’t hear them. Her ears are ringing and her chest feels like it’s about to burst.

“Are you going to close your eyes?” ask Gary, his voice joking, but his eyes serious.

Everyone laughs, again. Only if they knew what Jihyo truly feels, no one would be laughing, not even herself.

Then, Jihyo’s mind goes blank when Gary’s lips touch the tip of the pepero. She can’t hear anything, her whole body stays rigid not wanting to ruin the game with her nauseating feelings for Gary. He got closer…and closer…and Jihyo stops breathing. Gary hasn’t been this close before and Jihyo can see the forming wrinkles near his eyes…and it feels magical.

Jihyo turns her head slightly to prevent their noses from touching, but she unexpectedly feels Gary cupping both side of her face. The electricity she felt made her jump up in surprise, breaking the biscuit in half, automatically disqualifying them.

Everyone laughs, again.

Jihyo whips around to look at Gary, he looks a bit hurt, but it disappears when he sees Jihyo looking at him. He grins

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter