Final.

Every Night (매일밤)

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. Again. My ex-boyfriend, Wonwoo, has been doing this for about a week already, trying to make me remember our memories with each other. We broke up about six months ago, and we lost contact ever since. He somehow found out my number, probably begging it from one of my friends. I sighed as I grabbed my phone.


"Wonwoo, please stop calling me. I am sick and tired of waking up in the middle of the night just to keep you satisfied by answering your calls," I said.

"I know, but I want you back. I miss those days we spent together, and those days we laughed together," he replied.



"Well I forgot them all." My voice was shaking and a tear was almost falling out of my eye. There is this one part inside of me wanting to start over, but no. I need to look for someone new. I should've accepted Jihoon when he asked me out a few days ago. Then the phone calls would have stopped.

“Please give me another chance, Hyejin.”

I hung up because I ran out of words to say. I put my phone on my nightstand and just sat there. Why is he doing this to me? Why is this happening every night? I sighed as I plopped myself back onto the bed.

-----------

The sun shines in my face. Ugh. I still felt tired, due to Wonwoo's call last night. I know this is not the time to lay in bed and think about that since I have to get ready to go to school. As I fix my clothes and bag for school, I notice my phone's notifications go off so I placed it on vibrate. I know it's Wonwoo. I already finished preparing so I grabbed my phone, my backpack, and a granola bar and headed out the door.

My school was about two blocks away from my home so it was pretty easy to get there. My brother, Seungcheol, and I do is just simply walk. Nowadays, we don't usually do that, but if we do, we never talk. I remember how Wonwoo and I used to walk to school together and back since Seungcheol isn't always around. How did I remember that?

As I was walking, I saw Wonwoo and his two friends, Mingyu and Hansol. I looked at Wonwoo but quickly turned away so it wasn't obvious that I was staring at him. Then, I felt my phone vibrate: I received a text from him

I know you saw me. And I noticed you looking at me.

I sighed at the text and continued walking to school.

Later on that day, I bumped into a buff (not that much) person and he knocked me to the ground.

“Mianhaeyo,” I said before looking up. Oh, it's Seungcheol-oppa.

"You know you should accept the fact that you want Wonwoo back," he said.

"Oppa, I don't want him back."

"Oh come on, I know you do. I can tell by your expression every time he calls. And I hear you sleep talk about him all the time."

"How do you know about my phone calls?"

"I have my ways." And then he left. Afterwards, I just stood there, thinking about what he said. How does he know I sleep talk? Did he hear me talking to him? Probably. And it's strange how I sleep talk.

-----------

The phone is ringing nonstop. I cover my head to drain out the noise, but sadly, it doesn't work. It continues ringing for a long time until I got annoyed and turned it off. Ugh, why does my life have to be like this?

I got up and grabbed my phone, thinking of what to say. Now there are two sides of me battling against each other, but the side missing him won. I need to do this. There is no one else like him who understands me perfectly. I need him back into my life.

“Hyejin, do you remember the time-” he started.

“Yes, yes I remember them all,” I interrupted as tears are streaming down my cheeks.

 


Hi friends I'm so sorry for not updating the story in probably about, a month? IT'S BECAUSE OF SCHOOL. I go home late (around 6) so I don't have time to update the story and I don't actually have a copy of the story in my iPad to copy paste here on AFF. Since I don't have school next week, I'll probably start on another story. Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy the story!


Characters: 3152

Words: 771