i'm falling for your eyes (but they don't know me yet)

「SWEET AS A STRAWBERRY」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Mingyu was half awake when he was wobbling to the fridge, his dry throat demanding for water. He barely realized he only had one slipper on, but decided to just keep going. Going back and putting on his other slipper is too much of a hassle, according to sleepy Mingyu. He opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water, gulping it down like it was air. 

 

Suddenly, he heard soft whispers.

 

The hairs at the back of his neck immediately stood, his body went on a full alarmed mode and any trace of sleep was gone in a blink of an eye. With shaking hands, he reached for the biggest frying pan he could find and held it up, searching for the source of the whispers with his heart drumming in his ears. 

 

 

Could it be a burglar? He thought. But why the hell are they whispering to each— wait.

 

 

Passing by the living room, Mingyu squinted when a bright light clouded his line of sight. Every horror movie scenes he had watched flashed before his eyes and he shut them tight, muttering a prayer and thinking it's a ghost and I'm going to die. I'm going to die and no one's gonna— 

 

"Mingyu hyung?" A familiar voice called out to him, "why are you holding a pan?"

 

Opening his eyes to take a peek of who the person was, strings of relief course within him when he found out that the person was no other than Vernon. The whispers and the bright light were from TV. He mentally cursed at the TV for scaring the living daylight out of him but partly blaming his brain because he couldn't think straight at that moment. 

 

Mingyu waddled to Vernon and slumped beside him, the adrenaline of the previous moment made his legs feel like jelly. "What are you doing?" 

 

"Watching TV?" Vernon replied as if he was saying duh?

 

Clicking his tongue, Mingyu scolded himself for asking such an obvious question. "I mean, why are you watching TV at this hour? You should be sleeping."

 

Vernon grinned sheepishly, "Can'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter