BECAUSE WE ARE A SOUTH PAW

LEFTIES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mingyu is one of the perfect example of perfection in the human dictionary. He is handsome, tall, a little bit tan, he is outgoing and nice, he can rap and dance, he has charisma and his canines are so hot that when he smile he looks so damn y. But behind those perfection, Mingyu has a flaw that no one seems to notice or give attention to.

He is a south-paw.

1

“Mingyu-ah, you’re touching my elbow I can’t write well.” Mingyu apologized and adjust his table to the right so their elbows won’t bump each other.

2

“Mingyu, how many times do I have to tell you that stop writing at the back of your notebook, it’s hard for me to check it.” His teacher said. “Yes sir.” Mingyu took his notebook from the table and walked away.

3

“Mingyu, is it hard to do a body wave in the right direction? I keep telling you it’s right, right, right, stop doing left.” Hoshi scold him while rubbing the back of his head. “I’m trying!” Mingyu did a body wave but his body can’t.

4

“Mingyu-ah, can you hang your bag in your right shoulder instead? Your bag is bumping my arm.” Wonwoo asked. “Sorry.” Mingyu hang his bag to his right shoulder but it fell off. “Aurgh!”

Their fans surely gives Mingyu a lot of love that he deserve but there’s a flaw that they don’t give much attention to, but you can’t really labeled being a left handed a flaw, but indeed it is to Mingyu who suffered the consequences of being a south-paw.

 

 

 

Their performance was done and it’s time for some fan signing. And as always Wonwoo is the only one who can manage and last to sit beside Mingyu. They always protest when Mingyu accidentally bump their elbows or their arms while signing the cards of their fans. Whenever they are beside Mingyu their writing will become messy or sometimes their signature will be in different direction.

So to avoid that kind of mistake they avoid sitting beside him as much as possible or they will move their chair away from the poor guy.

Mingyu was in deep thought about his current issue while signing the cards of their fans. Why would Mingyu be born a left handed? Isn’t in it unfair to be treated differently than the right handed person? Like the chairs, why would chairs always has their support in the right corner? Don’t they know that there are left handed as well? Why would they build chairs that’s only suited for right handed person? Luckily his school doesn’t buy chairs like that ,they more settled in desk, but to his dismay, one desk should be occupied by two students so it’s not much of a help either.

“Hello?” The girl waved his hand infront of Mingyu’s eyes that brought him back to reality. Oh now, he can’t space like this when they are in the middle of fan signing. “Ow, s-sorry.” Mingyu was ready to sign the card when he noticed that the name of the girl is still not written. “Uhmm, can you please write your name first before I sign?”

“Oh. Just wait a minute. What is that girl name again?” The girl tilt her head to the side. “Ah! Right right.” While the girl was writing, Mingyu has his eyes on the girl’s hand, it looks small and soft like that, but he finds it weird as well how the the girl hold her pen, like it’s the same how Mingyu hold his. “Done. Here.” The girl gave back the card to Mingyu and so he sign it.

The girl was wearing a black face mask so Mingyu doesn’t really recognize the girl. When the girl was gone that’s when Mingyu realize that she is a left handed, that explain why her handling was weird. They are the same! Too bad he didn’t get to know her name at least.

 

 

 

 

Studies said that there’s only 10% of left handed person in the world so seeing left handed person like Mingyu is rare. That’s why it makes it more difficult to do his task sometimes specially when right handed are being favored by the things around them like notebooks, chairs, guitars, scissors etc.

Mingyu sighed as he open the door to his class. It’s a new semester again so that means new class room and new classmates. He look at his room and there are some student who’s siting in their respective seating arrangement. Mingyu checked his seat number and proceed to the desk just beside the window, but his seat was in the first chair so he is not basically seated beside the window to his dismay. He wonder who could be his next seatmate now? He just hoped that the guy who will be seated next to him can endure his issue about being a left handed. Mingyu was nervous because he really doesn’t know anyone on his class, he was put to a different class from Wonwoo and he’s not really in the mood to interact and socialize. It’s really amazing how they still manage to go to school even though they already debuted about a month ago. With their busy schedules and stuff, sometimes Mingyu and the others would just come and go from their school without really interacting.

Mingyu took out his book to have an advance reading to their topic today since he’s sure he won’t be listening very much today because of lack of sleep. He’s so busy reading the book that he didn’t notice the girl who took the seat beside him.

When Mingyu flip the book to the next page and that’s how his eyes saw that there is someone who’s sitting in the next chair to his. He doesn’t really bother to look at her because she’s a ‘her’ and now that they are idols, hanging with them is not really a good idea not unless they want their fandom to be in chaos and rumored to have a girlfriend even though they are just newbies. I know it sounds over reacting but you don’t know the fans XD.

Their class starts and the lecture also began. Mingyu took his pen from his bag and placed his newly bought notebooks. Just as he’s about to open it he second guess. How many teachers has it been who scolded him for starting to write at the back of his notebook? But he can’t help it, it’s hard to write when he start writing in the front, the spring of the notebook was placed in the left side and he is a left handed for heaven’s sake!

With a firm decision, Mingyu turn his notebook so he can start writing at the back. Just as he’s about to start writing he noticed the girl beside him and when he realized that the girl who is actually seating next to him is a left handed person!

Mingyu thought he saw the girl has wings in her back as he stare how she take down notes without bumping Mingyu’s elbow or his arm. Is this a miracle? This is the first he actually has a left handed seat mate like him!

In the other hand, the girl noticed how Mingyu was staring at her. she furrowed her brow and scan Mingyu’s face because he’s unbelievably familiar to the girl like she saw him somewhere. “Oh, you’re Mingyu right? From Seventeen?” The girl asked, putting his pen down. Mingyu was taken aback first because the girl knows him but then again he remember that they are officially idols now, maybe the girl just saw him on tv before. “Y-Yes.” He answered. “Do you remember me?” The girl asked.

Mingyu tried to rememb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter