Harsh Reality

Idols, Romance, Cliches (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

F I V E

Harsh Reality

 

 

“Should I just kiss you right here, right now?”

 

 

Oh, God. What the hell is this guy thinking? He’s gone nuts!

 

 

I slowly looked up at Myungsoo and he had an unreadable expression on his face. Dammit! He probably thinks I’m an easy and flirtatious woman since I’m already in this position with a guy I just met! How am I going to explain my way out of this?!

 

“Well, you two look…incredibly close,” Myungsoo said, his expression still unreadable.

 

“Yes!” Sungyeol replied as he pulled me closer. DAMN THIS GUY I WANNA CHOKE HIM! HE’S MAKING THINGS WORSE! “In fact, she’s about to help me out with something!”

 

“What?! But I—“

 

His face inched closer to mine, and he moved his eyebrows up and down in a way that made me want to punch him if not for the fact that Myungsoo is watching us. “You will help me, right?”

 

What choice do I have?! He probably wasn’t joking when he said he’d kiss me if I don’t agree to help him! “F-Fine!”

 

“Yah, yah. Lee Sungyeol. Just…get up,” Myungsoo suddenly grabbed Sungyeol by the arm and forced him up. Well, thank God, I can finally breathe! “Stop terrorizing our neighbor and get ready for our schedule. We’ve been looking for you everywhere. Turns out you were here….with our neighbor…doing…things,”

 

I quickly stood up and made an attempt to explain everything. “I-It’s not what you think! We were just—“

 

I wasn’t able to finish ‘cause Myungsoo suddenly bowed his head. “This guy must have bothered you a lot. Sorry for that.”

 

“But we—“

 

“Let’s go, Sungyeol.” Myungsoo tapped Sungyeol on the shoulder before he walked away from my apartment.

 

I can’t help but feel devastated. It’s not like I have the responsibility to explain anything to a person whom I just met, but it’s just that, I didn’t want Myungsoo to think of me as that kind of woman. Not him, of all people.

 

 

“Jiyeon-sshi, do you like Myungsoo?”

 

 

That sudden and unexpected question made me choke on my spit. “What?!”

 

Sungyeol just shrugged. “I mean, I’ve seen the way you looked at him since last night. I’d understand since he’s handsome, though I’d have to say I think I’m more handsome—“

 

“Just shut up and go!”

 

“Wait! Answer the question first!”

 

“So what if I do?!” WHAT THE HELL AM I BLABBERING ABOUT NOW. “Ugh, this stupid mouth!”

 

I can’t believe I said it out loud before I even said it in my head first! That wasn’t how it was supposed to be! And do I really like someone whom I’ve barely known for two days?

 

“So you do?”

 

“Wait—ugh!” I banged my head against the wall in frustration. “It’s probably just a crush! Or an infatuation! A spur of the moment thing! I don’t know!”

 

“Oh, ho, ho,” Hearing Sungyeol’s insidious laughter made my blood boil. Does he find this funny? “You know, if you agree to help me, I could help you get on Myungsoo’s good side. I might even set you up on a date with him if you do a good job on helping me out with Hyomin!”

 

“Oh! Ho! Ho! Ho!” I gave him a mocking laugh, and nothing could be more satisfying than to see the frown on his face. “No thanks! I told you, it’s just a crush! I have no intention of going out on dates with him! He’s an idol and I’m just an ordinary citizen of this country! Imagine the amount of crazy fangirls who’d terrorize me on a daily basis!”

 

“Well, you do have a point.”

 

“Ha! Of course I do!”

 

“Then I guess it’s fine with you if Myungsoo lives the rest of his life believing that we were doing lewd stuff here in your apartment early in the morning.”

 

The little devil stuck his tongue out, placed his hand on his pockets, and began walking away while whistling.

 

I just stood on my doorstep with my mouth hanging open. Does he plan on blackmailing me now?!

 

Still, I must not give in to that guy. I’ll make him realize that he doesn’t have the power to control me. I won’t let his threats bother me. I mean, who the hell cares if Myungsoo thinks we were doing lewd stuff in my apartment? It’s my apartment so I can do whatever I want in here! Besides, he’s just a stranger, right? So why should I be bothered about what he thinks?

 

 

❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁

 

 

I am friggin’ bothered.

 

It hasn’t even been 24 hours since that incident, and yet I’m already fidgeting like crazy. How am I supposed to nail my job interview today if I’m fidgety?!

 

I know I’m not supposed to care about what Myungsoo thinks of me since we’re practically strangers to each other, but I couldn’t help it! To me, who almost lost hope in the airport after engaging in a bloody battle for a taxi, Myungsoo was like an angel sent from heaven who revived my strength and made me believe that yes, life can still be beautiful!

 

I don’t want the person whom I’m thankful for to think that I’m a dirty woman. I actually want him to have a good impression about me. I want us to get closer. I want us to be friends.

 

“Park Jiyeon-sshi? You’re up,”

 

I shook away my thoughts when my name was finally called. I really hope this studio is the one for me. Sad to say, although I’m a graduate of Harrington College of Design with a BFA in Commercial Photography, I’ve failed all of my job applications s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter