final

The Feelings Inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jonghyun is fidgeting on his car seat, he’s in front of Kibum’s house waiting for him so they can have a lunch together. It’s not like it’s the first time Jonghyun and Kibum having a lunch together, in fact they’ve been doing this every Wednesday and Saturday for over 10 years of their friendship since elementary school. It’s something to do with what’s in his heart right now, he needs to let this one out before he’s going to explode. And he has to do it quickly.

Kibum is Kibum. It means, Kibum takes longer to get ready than anyone else. Jonghyun is aware of that and the waiting is making him even more anxious. He is so close on driving away and cancels their lunch. His foot is so close on stepping the gas pedal until Kibum knocks on his window.

 

“Am I late?” Kibum asks as he slips in the seat.

 

Jonghyun rolls his eyes and step on the pedal as they hit the road “Are you?”

 

“Sorry, gotta feed my dogs first.” Kibum offers the older man his obnoxious smile and Jonghyun almost hits a car in front of him. “wow slow down macho, I know I’m charming and all but eyes on the road please”

 

Jonghyun only shakes his head. He has no idea how to retort that one because his heart is pounding louder than Kibum’s words right now.

They arrive at their favorite place to have lunch 20 minutes (and more complains about his new colleague from Kibum). The waiter leads them to a booth in the corner, their usual place. Kibum orders their food since they always have the same thing for lunch.

 

“so, why are you fidgeting?” Kibum asks, eyes on his phone probably updating his wherabout on his social media.

 

It startles Jonghyun, “you’ve been noticed huh?” he sighs. He braves himself, he know this is the right time. Now or never. “Kibum?”

 

“yes Jonghyun?”

 

“I- why my relationship in the past, do you know why nothing worked?” Jonghyun watches his fingers tapping on the table, avoiding Kibum’s eyes.

 

“because you’re a jerk who broke their hearts?” Kibum offers playfully but then realize Jonghyun isn’t laughing at his answer which only means one thing, Jonghyun is in his serious mode.

 

The older man braces himself as he look at Kibum’s eyes now or never  he chants to himself “KibumIlikeguysivealwaysbeenlikedguysiamgay” he says before he sighs and buries his heads with his hands.

Kibum shakes his head in disbelief  “okay I didn’t catch it right there. What did you say?”

 

Jonghyun looks up to see Kibum’s confused face. He sighs again, “I’m gay. I like guys. I am more interested in sixpack instead of ies. You get it Kibum?”

 

Kibum’s laughter makes the visitors of the restaurant turn their heads to them. Jonghyun kicks Kibum in the shin to make the laughter stop “Ouch! Okay okay I’m sorry. you’re gay, I figured it out from the long time ago. So?”

 

“wait! How did you know? They say the only one who can detect it is also- Kibum, are you?” Jonghyun’s eyes are wide when the realization hits him

 

“wait what? No. of course not! Minho my sweet and beautiful and y Minho is everything I need and want. I wouldn’t leave her for the world” Kibum says dreamily and shows his phone screen to the older man. It’s the picture of Kibum and his 5 years girlfriend-now fiancé- Minho when they went to travel together. Kibum had told Jonghyun it was a pre-honeymoon for the newly e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter